Status
Not open for further replies.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I do mean those two. But what seemed to kill them was mostly lack of experience from the creators. There did seem to be some community interest though.
But there is a build of Decrypt9 that I am looking for that had a CFW built into it.
The dev of r3tools is experienced. He created a lot of stuff early in the scene, and helped with rxTools and cakes among other stuff.

He just.. Disappeared for some reason. I believe he moved to another console all together but I don't remember

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But I could have easily suggested ideas to fixing the problem. Like yeah, the tools broken, I can think of a perfectly good idea to fix that. Like adding RXMode to Decrypt9 GUI. I know there was a project attempting to do that, but they didn't very far. But interestingly enough there was a build (or branch) of Decrypt9 with a CFW build into it. I ran into once and I currently looking for again.
Since both you and me are not 3DS dev. (I'm a dev, but not on 3DS scene. Not sure about yourself, I judge from what I saw)
So, we can't do that much about it. If the dev who interest aren't expert enough to fix it, the tool will still broken.
If the expert dev won't do it, that is their choice. That's why I think it not a bad move to encourage people to stop using rxtools.

Last edited by nechigawara,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But choosing CFWs/OS will end all the same. in spawns a future top-dog by whatever means and it eats everything alive. aka survival of the fittest (pretty much subjective in this case though.)
That actually wasn't always like that. The CFW scene used to have several active projects and active communities. There were some kerfuffles here and there, but it used to a lot different of a scene. That's something we can achieve again if people just let the community grow again. That's something I just realized that I wasn't allowing myself. By demanding people loose interest in RXTools, I helped kill future interest that could have been sparked for it. That is hypocrisy of my own stance on the CFW scene.
Since both you and me are not 3DS dev. (I'm a dev, but not on 3DS scene. Not sure about yourself, I judge from what I saw)
So, we can't do that much about it. If the dev who interest aren't expert enough to fix it, the tool will still broken.
If the expert dev won't do it, that is their choice. That's why I think it not a bad move to encourage people to stop using rxtools.
No one really knows what I do around here :ninja:
I was aiming to stop people from using RXTools, but never aiming stop interest in someone picking it up. The thing is, that thread did not draw the line and if anything only discourage any interest in RXTools. Which ironically, I complained about people doing. I was part of the problem.
The dev of r3tools is experienced. He created a lot of stuff early in the scene, and helped with rxTools and cakes among other stuff.

He just.. Disappeared for some reason. I believe he moved to another console all together but I don't remember
That's actually kind of sad. But there's always someone who's interested in doing something. Maybe some ideas and showing interest will spark someone's interest in making more projects.
I am trying my best to help actually bring progress back to the CFW scene.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
No one really knows what I do around here :ninja:
I was aiming to stop people from using RXTools, but never aiming stop interest in someone picking it up. The thing is, that thread did not draw the line and if anything only discourage any interest in RXTools. Which ironically, I complained about people doing. I was part of the problem.
From what I saw, you are the person who trying to help people here with the knowledge you have.
I don't know if you have another intention or not. :D

About that thread, I still don't think you're at fault here.
Like I said, may be the dev think that the current state of CFW is good enough,
So they decide to not reviving rxtools and move on the something else.

Last edited by nechigawara,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I saw, you are the person who trying to help people here with the knowledge you have.
I don't know if you have another intention or not. :D

About that thread, I still don't think you're at fault here.
Like I said, may be the deve think that the current state of CFW is good enough,
So they decide to not reviving rxtools and move on the something else.
I still feel locking it will do more good than harm. It's one of those things that looks good on the surface, but the more I look it, that more I don't like what came of it.

Reactions: NightScript

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, glad the other thread 'Please stop using RXTools' is locked now, now this thread :P
And also there is a thread 'Keep using RXTools' LMFGAOOOOOOOO! That needs deletion.

Using rxTools is like voting for Trump.

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, glad the other thread 'Please stop using RXTools' is locked now, now this thread :P
And also there is a thread 'Keep using RXTools' LMFGAOOOOOOOO!

Using rxTools is like voting for Trump.
You didn't even bother to read why I closed it.
So I did a lot of thinking and failed to realize the hypocrisy that is this thread. I made this thread to kill RXTools, but I then turn around and tell people to their actions are killing the CFW scene. That's fucking stupid of me and I wouldn't let anyone else get away with such actions. Ironically, in my efforts to progress the CFW scene, I actively helped kill it by discouraging future interest in RXTools.
So I am closing this thread and removing it from my sticky. I am also going to make a blog with ideas helping rebuild the CFW community. Why a blog? Because these are just ideas, not set projects. Why am I closing this thread? Because I realized just how damaging it really is.
I realize that I wasn't helping the community by discouraging RXTools. I was hindering it by discouraging future development of RXTools. Destroying community interest in the project was the worst approach to fixing it.
Considering just how many projects were made to update/replace it, there's still an obvious interest. And considering there are still people using it, shows that people want to use RXTools. They don't want to replace it something else, they want RXTools.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Something like what happened with rxtools is now happening with Reinand and I find it, personally, sad

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean, sad because reinand is being "bullied" like rxtools was
The thing is, RXTools has been dead and even I did my fair share of attacking it. But recently staring at my own posts, I realized the hypocrisies in my own words. So I am going to at least attempt to fix this situation. Even if I don't bring back RXTools, maybe I can bring back the spirit of RXTools.

Reactions: Arubaro

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also don't like that bullied by Luma3DS master race team.
reiNAND is back again, unlike rxtools.
But I want to change that! Even if I can't bring back RXTools, I am aiming to bring something out of this!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's very little to be gained by picking the scraps on rxTools. If you wanted to fork a CFW, you should look at Luma, ReiNAND, or Corbenik anyway. There's a reason rxTools got abandoned, even with its source freely available.

Reactions: Shadow#1

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
But I want to change that! Even if I can't bring back RXTools, I am aiming to bring something out of this!
I understand that. But if the dev won't revive it, it will stay dead.
And, again, I think the current state of CFW is good enough.
Reviving it won't make too much change as @squall14716 said.

Reactions: Shadow#1

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I understand that. But if the dev won't revive it, it will stay dead.
And, again, I think the current state of CFW is good enough.
Reviving it won't make too much change as @squall14716 said.
There's very little to be gained by picking the scraps on rxTools. If you wanted to fork a CFW, you should look at Luma, ReiNAND, or Corbenik anyway. There's a reason rxTools got abandoned, even with its source freely available.
Sometimes I think we could always have more options.

Reactions: NightScript

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Sometimes I think we could always have more options.
I agree with that. That's why I'm glad that ReiNAND is back.
My opinion is we can totally replace rxtools with something else.
Unless someone reviving it and give it an advantage over other CFW (which it will be hard work for dev), I don't see a point reviving rxtool.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I agree with that. That's why I'm glad that ReiNAND is back.
My opinion is we can totally replace rxtools with something else.
Unless someone reviving it and give it an advantage over other CFW (which it will be hard work for dev), I don't see a point reviving rxtool.
Maybe just a little community love can spark some interest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plus it would be stupid to use the RXTools code, someone attempted that and fell flat on their face. The code is a mess.
But I think R3Tools and Lima3DS
Take a CFW and put on Decrypt9.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I have a take on this? well, I believe Rxtools was revolutionary during its time, back then, 2 years ago, your only option to run a CFW was Palantine CFW, which was baaaaad because you had a risk of bricking the console, and some stuff was inserted inside the Sysnand without any recovery to cover up the fails, so if you did a wrong move, there you go, your 3DS is as good as dead, so getting RxTools in 2015 was a bless, the emunand certainly took its fair amount of space, but it was certainly much better than installing stuff on sys without any recovery, since you now had emunand to back it up + you could update it, with Palantine you were restricted to the amount of games you could play too, Rxtools was the savior of that era

And even though Roxas didn't continued the support for this CFW, it opened gates for plenty of developers to start their own take on this, Cakes CFW was created shortly after rxtools, and ReiNand was actually a quick boot of Rxtools, which later on developed to be its own thing, yes, Rxtools is an outdated software by now, yes, Rxtools can't even compare to modern/updated cfw's of now, and yes, even Rxtools can't run some of the modern games Nintendo has to offer, but I believe that this CFW shouldn't get the amount of bashing is receiving now, specially since without it, you wouldn't have gotten all the CFW's you have now, A9LH or Luma was based on Aurora's take on ReiNAND, and Reinand was originally a quicker alternative for launching an emunand, which is related itself to RxTools

If some developers were to take on the concept of Rxtools and expand it to modern standards, I have no doubt that it would beat Luma easily, the problem is, as you mentioned before Crystal, too many parts of this community are Luma diehard fans or just toxic people in general, this is just giving developers a hard time to create something that improves what we know about the 3DS in general, I hope there'll be a day when people can accept what someone else uses, I'm no developer myself but heck I'd love to do something if I had the knowledge and information available, but I'm not, all I can do is watch how the 3DS scene unfolds, hopefully we get something within the upcoming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4