Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the latest nightly build the 12\05\2015 on a N3DS it is running sweet, pasta mode works, everything is great

Just 2 quick fire questions please folks

1. i am using the cakes FW files, i am hearing i only need the main one and no longer need the cetk one, could anyone please confirm this ?

2. is multi region working on this for N3DS now ?

Thank you kindly in advance
Yes... but why isn't it easier for you to test for yourself?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the latest build of rxtools working again. I want to give a big thanks to @Shadow#1 for helping me get the correct bin files and @urherenow for letting me know that my ISP blocks the download of the bin files I need.

Unfortunately, sysupdater just bricked my 3DS. I have a friend that has some good soldering skills who is going to help me out. Searching for a good 3DSXL guide now.

Is there is difference between DevMode and PastaMode? I updated once with DevMode and it worked fine, PastaMode bricked.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no difference. Pasta mode should not have bricked. installing N3DS system files into O3DS and vice versa can... I hope you have a good nand backup. If all else fails, I can do the hard mod for you. I'd have to charge though. $20 sounds fair (but I'd need you to bring it to me since I'm not bringing my tools over there)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same files I used before so I do not think it's an issue. My friend is a 2M guy and he'll be here all night with nothing else to do. If he can't figure it out I will hit you up for sure. A 40 minute drive an $20 isn't bad.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am using the latest nightly build the 12\05\2015 on a N3DS it is running sweet, pasta mode works, everything is great Just 2 quick fire questions please folks 1. i am using the cakes FW files, i am hearing i only need the main one and no longer need the cetk one, could anyone please confirm this ? 2. is multi region working on this for N3DS now ? Thank you kindly in advance

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MelonGx and peteruk

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the rxTools developers ask for permission to integrate this new EmuNAND tools app into rxTools project? https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

I think it would be great tools to be added into rxTools CFW. Stay further away from Gateway launcher (if I heard it right, Gateway re-introduces brick code into their launcher again!?)
The brick code has always been there but only if you use something other than Gateway to launch it. Using it to format emuNand is safe.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The brick code has always been there but only if you use something other than Gateway to launch it. Using it to format emuNand is safe.
Thanks for the info. Thought only few versions have. Fortunately, didnt' mess with flash cart so I had been safe.

Anyways, main point in my last post is, it would be cool, if we can just have this tool intergrated into rxTools. So once we get all the rxTools files on SD, we can just boot and set up EMUNAND in one go (the homebrew app doesn't deelete file on SD when create EMUNAND partition). Save much time helping new users (especially N3DS when FBI injection does not work) troubleshooting about creating EmuNAND with a CIA installer.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using the latest nightly build the 12\05\2015 on a N3DS it is running sweet, pasta mode works, everything is great

Just 2 quick fire questions please folks

1. i am using the cakes FW files, i am hearing i only need the main one and no longer need the cetk one, could anyone please confirm this ?

2. is multi region working on this for N3DS now ?

Thank you kindly in advance

Just going to answer my own questions here..

1. No, the CETK fw file is not needed for N3DS

2. Multi region is working on N3DS... installed cia titles show but no title banner (game name) is shown in emunand, that said the games run fine all the same

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. Multi region is working on N3DS... installed cia titles show but no title banner (game name) is shown in emunand, that said the games run fine all the same
CETK isn't even needed for O3DS

Reactions: MelonGx and peteruk

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It probably can't change the banner image into the proper languages, but I'm glad to see you got it working bro.

Reactions: peteruk

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we can just boot and set up EMUNAND in one go (the homebrew app doesn't deelete file on SD when create EMUNAND partition)
You can't repartition on the 3DS without wiping files. It's a pain to even do it on a PC. It's only AFTER you have an emunand partition, that it can clone your sysnand into emunand without wiping.

Last edited by urherenow,

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any idea what it means to repartition a drive? Rhetorical question, no need to answer that. Creating the emunand partition without deleting any files is just not going to happen. It would be a pain to do on a PC (but possible... but why when it's easier and much faster to copy-> repartition-> copy back?), let alone on the 3ds.

The most you could ever hope for, but still unlikely anyone will want to bother writing the code, is the ability to inject an emunand backup into an already-made emunand partition. Perhaps flash a sysnand backup as well. But again, not likely. Especially considering how dangerous it is and Gateway's launcher already handles the sysnand perfectly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-formatter-manager.405921/page-3#post-5869296
This maybe.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ccfman2004

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does it AFTER the partition is already created. It does NOT and CAN NOT create the partition without wiping the files. When you have an emunand partition, it can clone your sysnand into emunand without wiping. That is trivial.
Still... But I personally would use a PC partition manger to just format the 1 to 2 gig partition, and leave the sd files alone. I would alternatively use 3dsmutinandtool to format fresh GW EmuNAND using a previously stored Nand backup on my PC.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still... But I personally would use a PC partition manger to just format the 1 to 2 gig partition, and leave the sd files alone. I would alternatively use 3dsmutinandtool to format fresh GW EmuNAND using a previously stored Nand backup on my PC.
The emuNand partition MUST be at the beginning of the SD card and must have a special flag set that a PC/Mac cannot see. There is no trivial way to do it without formatting the card. Also, rxTools can inject an emuNand form a backup, it is painfully slow and takes over 1 hour on an O3DS compared to just minutes on a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm