Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, is it possible to implement a savestate for 3ds cia? The reason im asking this is because there's a game that cant save during the map no checkpoints to save, if you played one piece unlimited sp 2, you would understand.

rator91

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
Hello, i have a few newbie questions, and i know they were asked quite a few times here, but please understand how much it will take to find my answers in 652 pages.
I have an O3DS fw 10.0 and my questions are:
1)Untill which version of firmware i need to downgrade to use this cfw with most benefits?
2)Will roms and cia games work on my device without a flashcart? (If not, can you please tell me which cfw does work withot a flashcart?)
3)What is MSET and why do i need it?
4)If this cfw works without a flashcart how big a sd card do i need to install there enough games?

And i'm not a cheapskate, i live in a country in eastern europe and we have <50 3DS devices in the whole country, and you can understand how's the games market is here, and to ship a game from U.S. or from western europe costs too much (or a flashcart in that matter). That's why i want to use my device with full potential. If someone could help me in PM with this i will be very grateful!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have a few newbie questions, and i know they were asked quite a few times here, but please understand how much it will take to find my answers in 652 pages.
I have an O3DS fw 10.0 and my questions are:
1)Untill which version of firmware i need to downgrade to use this cfw with most benefits?
2)Will roms and cia games work on my device without a flashcart? (If not, can you please tell me which cfw does work withot a flashcart?)
3)What is MSET and why do i need it?
4)If this cfw works without a flashcart how big a sd card do i need to install there enough games?

And i'm not a cheapskate, i live in a country in eastern europe and we have <50 3DS devices in the whole country, and you can understand how's the games market is here, and to ship a game from U.S. or from western europe costs too much (or a flashcart in that matter). That's why i want to use my device with full potential. If someone could help me in PM with this i will be very grateful!

1) your fucked without a 9.2 or lower nand backup

2) roms only with a sky3ds because your above 9.2 and cia without

3) MSET is a ds profile exploit to boot unsigned code

4) id recomened 16 to 32GB

5) u cant do any cfw stuff as stated on answer 1)

Last edited by Shadow#1,

rator91

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
1) your fucked without a 9.2 or lower nand backup

2) roms only with a sky3ds because your above 9.2 and cia without

3) MSET is a ds profile exploit to boot unsigned code

4) id recomened 16 to 32GB

5) u cant do any cfw stuff as stated on answer 1)

thanks for the answer, but i can't downgrade?

aalvi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i have 3ds 9.2 + red gateway card, but all my games are in cia format in emunand.

Would this cfw help make it so I can power off my 3DS and boot up to access my cia games without needing the red card and an internet connection?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
excuse me
but , where i get the ticket.bin file ?
i dumped it , but i can't find it

am i doing something wrong ?
or there is a process to dump the file successfully ?

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bad is the boot rate for rxtools combined with ctrbootmanager supposed to be? Sometimes it takes one try sometimes 5-10... (ctrbootmanager with themehax)

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If i have 3ds 9.2 + red gateway card, but all my games are in cia format in emunand.

Would this cfw help make it so I can power off my 3DS and boot up to access my cia games without needing the red card and an internet connection?

Yes. rxTools (and the others CFW in general) have more entrypoints implemented to boot than the 2 GW uses (2 for O3DS and 3 for N3DS actually).
So you would be able to use emunand and CIAs just the same while not actually needing a flashcart or internet connection to boot.

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
On the root of your SD, labeled boot.cfg
Oh, though you meant rxTools config. Here it is:
config said:
// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
// Default timeout in secondes
timeout = 3;

// Default boot entry
default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (16 max)
entries =
(
{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "CakeCFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "PastaCFW";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/loader.bin";
},
{
title = "Homebrew Menu";
path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
}
);
};

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch