Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for double post my internet was going bad and it did this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, maybe mset is a different mode and it must reset while doing this, as it running in a mode with elevated privileges and is going back down to userland level and to do this it must reboot

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSET normally reboots the console to apply any changes you make. I was wondering if MSET could be modified to reboot the console back into emuNand mode.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe, but how can you make the console reboot back to rxmode? when it reboots it just unloads all the patches and you must load the exploit again, and to load emunand you need to load the exploit

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
where to put the firmware.bin in the new nightly build?
Those files are here for a reason.
Screenshot from 2015-08-31 13:10:06.png

Unless you downloaded the nightly from someone who didn't include them.

Attachments

• IMPORTANT.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Gadorach

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is weird.. I have no problem with nds installer on my 6.x-MSET 9.0 EUR O3DS.
Try GW installer to reset NVRAM.
By the way, GBA VC is working on emuNAND.
Nope. Impossible to get the rop chain to work on my 6.x mset on fw 8.1. Even tried using other mset rop installers, like GW's and even this one, that overwrites some of the DS profile info, to clean up some possible mess.
Then tried both nds and spider installers (both yours and nastys', which are a bit different).
They seem to work, bottom screen flashes all right after using the spider ones but the nightly rxTools just never boots from the DS profile.

Beta 8 still boots fine.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Impossible to get the rop chain to work on my 6.x mset on fw 8.1. Even tried using other mset rop installers, like GW's and even this one, that overwrites some of the DS profile info, to clean up some possible mess.
Then tried both nds and spider installers (both yours and nastys', which are a bit different).
They seem to work, bottom screen flashes all right after using the spider ones but the nightly rxTools just never boots from the DS profile.

Beta 8 still boots fine.
Have you tried beta-8's rxinstaller.nds with latest rxtools?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't try beta-8 so I didn't know that build was even before the path changing...
I will try 8.1 firm with 6.0 MSET soon.
If I run a DS game to fix the profile after installing these latest mset rop installers and go check it on system settings, I can see the message set to "YS:/rxTools/system/code." so the path is correct. It must be something else.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS, yes, but I can't even install Ironhax (or run the game at all, actually) on a 9.2 O3DS). Please let me know if you can, because that would mean my O3DS is missing something from the firmware and I need to go through each individual .cia file to fix it up...
For this you have to have a version spoofed cia of ironfall.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only wanted to know if it would be possible to stop MSET inside emuNand from rebooting into sysNand when you change some settings in MSET.
I meant that instead of MSET rebooting into sysNand mode that it would reboot the console back into emuNand mode. Just wondering.
You have your response from one of the devs already.
It's technically possible, BUT I'm pretty sure it can glitch the console.

Reactions: Madridi

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
octocat-spinner-32.gif
rxtools Fixed roxas75#163 an hour ago
For this you have to have a version spoofed cia of ironfall.
Doesn't make sense. I tried with Gateway and Gateway already patches out FW requirements. There must be something else. It works fine through Gateway on my 9.2 N3DS. I don't even need it since I have a GW, CN, and pretty much everything else that is needed for HB Launcher and CFW, but I'm frustrated as hell that I can't figure this out. I have to know... WHY?

Uncee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Anti-Piracy check, as far as I know, only applied to .3ds games not .CIA versions. Is your emuNand at 9.7 or higher?
Yes. I just updated my emuNAND yesterday. But yet, my game will just crash when I boot it. I was told this was an Anti-Piracy issue, but I might be wrong about that.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
MSET installer was broken without doubt..
I pulled a request that fixes MSET installer and it changes directory name.
If that commit is accepted, firmware.bin should go to rxTools/sys .

Last edited by Dean_,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: