ROM Hack [Release] Rhydon Save Editor (Pokemon RBY Save Editor)

JustInPassing

Trophies
XP
Country
Great Pikasav-replacement and a great program in general. Will it include the ability to edit GSC (Gold/Silver/Crystal) save files in the future? That would be wonderful.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Support for Japanese save files has, theoretically, been added.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work -- I can't read Japanese, so this is largely untested.

I still need to add the JP characters to the font, but I figured that could wait until it was (largely) bug-free.

(Also, you can now edit a save's TID).

Last edited by SciresM,

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Due to the upcoming launch of Sun & Moon and its compatiblity with first generation, I wanted to start a new game trying to achieve 100% in Yellow, that includes collecting all items. And I've got everything now, but...

I've got all 8 PP Up the game has, but for some reason they got divided into 7 and 1 different items with the same name, and it's impossible to merge them because they are indeed different items (although they act the same), the only difference is that they are sold for different values: 0x32 (sells for 4900) and 0x4f (sells for 0).
It seems Rhydon has both items listed, so I guess this was already known. But since they have the same name in the editor, all 0x4f are turned into 0x32 automatically after saving the inventory/PC item list. Maybe one of the PP Up should get a new name, e.g. PP Up (alt.)?

But why did this happen?
I only used the Mew glitch to get Nidoking, Gengar and Mew, but that was way before getting any PP Up. Did my savegame get glitched somehow? Or everyone playing Yellow has the same issue?

EDIT: Oh, I found something very interesting (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:List_of_unobtainable_items):
There is another item that is a duplicate of PP UP, occupying index number 50 (0x32). The interesting thing about it is that it has a price of 9800 Pokédollars, which may suggest that the developers put it there in case you were going to buy PP Ups at one point. The real PP Up (0x4F) does not have a buy price (forcing it in a Poké Mart allows you to buy it for 0 Pokédollars). It does follow Nugget (0x31), but Nugget's buy price is 10,000 Pokédollars. Although it shares PP Up (0x4F)'s name, it appears to be unusable and gives Oak's unusable message when you attempt to use it.
Since Rhydon turns every 0x4f PP Up into 0x32, it's glitching the savegame. I guess naming the 0x32 to PP Up (unused), should fix this.
So I guess I found a bug :-)

Last edited by marc_max,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 's may be a dumb guesting but I need some help. I exported my yellow save with jksm and used this program to modify it, however when I use import it always says corrupted, any ideas?

Edit: nevermind, I got it to work. I just split the amount of things I wanted to do and it worked this time.

Edit2: my box pokemon disappeared 0.0

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1