ROM Hack [Release] Pokémon SuMoCheatMenu [supports o3DS]

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you add a "unlock all battle (ball throwing) styles" cheat battle tree can be such a pain

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this work for rom hacks such as Nova Sun. I cant seem to get them to work.

yes it does I have UM 1.4 (SaltySD) and the codes do work

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you add a "unlock all battle (ball throwing) styles" cheat battle tree can be such a pain

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes it does I have UM 1.4 (SaltySD) and the codes do work
How can you get it to work. I am trying to use Luma +7.0 but I don't have SaltySD. Do I need SaltySD to use it if so how can I install it.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can find th cia on that iso site but salty is easier dump the contents on the root of your SD push select on power on and tick "enable game patching" make sure you have 1.1 update yhen go to mode 3 NTR selector when mode 3 tells you to push home do it then (immediately don't close mode 3 out) go to Pokémon moon Umbra patches will be applied AND you'll have cheats

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can find th cia on that iso site but salty is easier dump the contents on the root of your SD push select on power on and tick "enable game patching" make sure you have 1.1 update yhen go to mode 3 NTR selector when mode 3 tells you to push home do it then (immediately don't close mode 3 out) go to Pokémon moon Umbra patches will be applied AND you'll have cheats
You mean BootNTRSelector and where can I find mode 3.

MrReal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I found a fix for it. To use SumoCheatMenu and a Rom hack I had to drag the SaltySD content to the root of my SD card then add overwrite the luma folder with the files from the Noa Sun/Umbra Moon rom hack. The crash happens when one puts the SaltySD content inside the luma folder.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this cheat menu causes my game to crash after like 5 seconds.

I'm trying to do it on Nova Sun 1.1

Any advice to get it to work?
I've realized that this plugin doesn't work with Nova Sun if you run Luma3DS LayeredFS. Stick with SaltySD if you want it to still work.

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've realized that this plugin doesn't work with Nova Sun if you run Luma3DS LayeredFS. Stick with SaltySD if you want it to still work.

It doesn't work with the original games using Luma3DS LayeredFS as well, specifically after Luma 7.0.

What does LayeredFS mean? First I've heard this term lol

I believe I am using SaltySD for the game though.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does LayeredFS mean? First I've heard this term lol

I believe I am using SaltySD for the game though.

It's basically like SaltySD, only its support goes beyond Pokemon and Smash Bros. Modified files of a games romfs go to a certain directory in the SD card, LayeredFS/SaltySD reads it and gives priority to that over the game. To specify on the issue, almost any time the game fades to black, whether it be entering Festival Plaza or summoning Charizard for a ride, the game crashes to the home menu and then the console has to restart. If exception handlers and I think UNITINFO are enabled in Luma, instead of a crash to the home menu, you get an error message detailing what it is. I'm pretty sure it resembles this one.

32IaWgc.jpg

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically like SaltySD, only its support goes beyond Pokemon and Smash Bros. Modified files of a games romfs go to a certain directory in the SD card, LayeredFS/SaltySD reads it and gives priority to that over the game. To specify on the issue, almost any time the game fades to black, whether it be entering Festival Plaza or summoning Charizard for a ride, the game crashes to the home menu and then the console has to restart. If exception handlers and I think UNITINFO are enabled in Luma, instead of a crash to the home menu, you get an error message detailing what it is. I'm pretty sure it resembles this one.

32IaWgc.jpg

Gotcha.

Is there anyway to make it usable or it is it just not possible for NovaSun?
All I wanted was all the clothes haha.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably a weird question, but would it be possible to convert this plugin to work with ORAS and X/Y? I know there's that multi-plugin floating around, but this plugin is just so beautifully made and has so many sweet features, I'd love to see them being used in ORAS/X/Y! Any ideas? :)

Last edited by Rakidas,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a heads up for @AnalogMan and users of this plugin, Sun/Moon game update v1.2 is now live.

Don't update if you depend on this plugin, and please be patient while AnalogMan updates his plugin, it can be a slow process.

Edit: @ymyn has ported his codes, so that's more than half the battle won.

Last edited by Zidapi,

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated to 1.2 yet but I'm still getting crashes that lock up the entire game if I attempt to put any cheats on. This wasn't happening before (and I'm not using a rom hack, just vanilla cartridge moon); did a Luma update break it or something?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated to 1.2 yet but I'm still getting crashes that lock up the entire game if I attempt to put any cheats on. This wasn't happening before (and I'm not using a rom hack, just vanilla cartridge moon); did a Luma update break it or something?

What version of Luma are you running? After 7.0 something happened that broke the use of this particular plugin when entering Festival Plaza or really any point where the screen fades to black, such as getting Charizard to fly you somewhere. It has to do with LayeredFS, so if you were running that alongside this plugin, you hit a dead end. It's fine if you run the cheat plugin without LayeredFS, and vice versa.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running normal 7.0.5, but I don't know what LayeredFS is, so I'm guessing I probably don't have it. It doesn't seem to be an issue with screen fades; it just hard-locks whenever I go into the cheat menu and attempt to exit it, and also at a very specific point if I leave the title screen on for too long (right when Lunala's flying up from the bottom-right).
I guess no matter what I probably have to wait for an update to the plugin, huh? :V

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.amazon.com/NDLBS-Chicken-Christmas-Stocking-Stuffers/dp/B0BGGLLNSF/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl...