Pokemon Rising Sun and Waning Moon
v 2.0
Works for both Pokemon Moon and Sun!
Download & Information:Google is your friend
Feedback is much appreciated and NEEDED
HOMEBREW IS REQUIRED
HOMEBREW INSTALLATION: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
UPDATES POSTED HERE: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm
Download & Instructions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By0T413LWAPQaXpEZWpiS3hldlU
NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that my old download links and instructions were within the gbatemp rules. I am not linking any actual roms, or full romfs files. I am only linking the individual edited files required to play Rising Sun & Waning Moon. If this is threatened to be taken down once more, I ask that mods first look and tell me why the Nova Sun/Umbra Moon mods do the same and have remained up.

Please ask if you want to upload this elsewhere, or at least give credit back to this post or my twitter.
Lets start off with some context. Currently, pk3DS allows us to edit the trainers and move sets of pokemon within Pokemon Sun and Moon. I decided to go ahead and create a challenge mode of sorts, similar to that of Pokemon Blaze Black/Volt White. Currently editing wild encounters!

Changes:
  • Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
  • Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
  • Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
  • Movesets of weaker Pokemon is finished.
  • Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
  • Wild encounters up until the post game are finished! Have fun everyone!
  • Custom music for post game returning trainers.
  • Almost every Pokemon has access to their hidden ability.
U42cJcx.png
FWhOC2l.png

IARcrst.png
hzwXlBt.png
IHBUAuF.png
UCPDYoJ.png
cvq352D.png
HHR42RO.png

Video demonstrations:
A NOTE ABOUT INSTRUCTIONS:
THE EASIEST METHOD IS GETTING A CFW, DO IT WHILE YOU CAN.
Instructions: (CFW Required for this method. See other method below if you don't have a CFW) I also still need to make the method easier for Pokemon Sun users, sorry!

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma. (Get this through the .cia updater)
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) Get it from the Google Drive link

New and Updated Instructions! About time!

Luma Game Patcher Method:
    • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder titled romfs within luma/titles/(titleID)
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • Make sure "Enable Game Patcher" is checked in luma3ds setup.
  • Start Sun/Moon
Thats it! Easiest way to tell if its working is by starting a new game or checking your Trainer Passport.

FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Layeredfs: (These instructions only apply if you use the Layeredfs files)

The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Sun, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000164800.
FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Todo:
  • Re balance according to feedback.
  • Re balance Pokemon move sets and stats once tools are available.
  • Add in last few Pokemon. (Some starters, legendaries, etc.)
  • Finish documentation on the various changes.

Credits:
  • Creators of the tools pk3DS, extract repack, etc.
  • Drayano, for being a cool guy that's better at hacking than I am
Sellout:
I'm a filthy sellout. Follow me on twitter to know when major updates for the romhack come out. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

Last edited by Kobazco,

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • All trades that don't require items evolve at level 36.
  • All trades that require items you can use their items. If this doesn't work I'll make it so you can level them up while holding that item.
  • Shelmet and Karrablast evolve by having the other one in the party.
Let me know if I forgot any.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do the other text related changes work for you guys or none at all?

I'm not sure there's the trainerpassport and the lang selection?

Can someone upload the pre-patched file?

Just get it yourself its not complicated at all. Do you have the cartridge version or cia?

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still cant get this to work :(

I have luma updated to the latest nightly i have made all the folders i need. I have pokemon moon installed as a cia everything looks right but its still not working. Any video tutorial or any help would be appreciated

I have luma updated to the latest nightly i have made all the folders i need. I have pokemon moon installed as a cia everything looks right but its still not working. Any video tutorial or any help would be appreciated

Update i got it too work but where are the wild edited pokemon located. I just want to try the harder trainers put the original encounters?

PraiseKek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kobazco Two things. One, the encounter with UB01 isn't edited, so it's still level 27. Second, if you give me what pokemon you want and where, I could do it for you.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kobazco Two things. One, the encounter with UB01 isn't edited, so it's still level 27. Second, if you give me what pokemon you want and where, I could do it for you.
I'm perfectly fine editing wilds on my own, thank you. I have edited the UB but I'm going to wait a bit on the next update sorry. Check back tonight or this weekend

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Update i got it too work but where are the wild edited pokemon located. I just want to try the harder trainers put the original encounters?
If you don't want wild encounters, delete a\0\8\3

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone wants to help with a custom banner. Just make the pictures transparent and position them accordingly and I can make a CIA on "that iso site".

Attachments

• imageedit_2_6077857363.png
    imageedit_2_6077857363.png
    716 bytes · Views: 121
  • imageedit_2_8364878203.png
    imageedit_2_8364878203.png
    870 bytes · Views: 112
  • PKMNMOON.jpg
    PKMNMOON.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 137
  • PKMNSUN.jpg
    PKMNSUN.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 123

bailie1912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't want wild encounters, delete a\0\8\3

Thanks working now.

One more question

I have a non edited Pokemon Sun installed which i am nearly finished. I have also installed Pokemon Moon along with your edits to try them out. If i was to load up the Pokemon Sun version would this look for your edit and mess up the sun version or will only pokemon moon load your edits as ive already started a game with it

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks working now.

One more question

I have a non edited Pokemon Sun installed which i am nearly finished. I have also installed Pokemon Moon along with your edits to try them out. If i was to load up the Pokemon Sun version would this look for your edit and mess up the sun version or will only pokemon moon load your edits as ive already started a game with it
Would only affect Pokemon Moon, since Sun and Moon have different Title IDs.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If anyone wants to help with a custom banner. Just make the pictures transparent and position them accordingly and I can make a CIA on "that iso site".

You know how to build a cia with the things Kobazco gave in 1st page?Which tools are you using?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too, enjoy v0.7.5

Changelog:
  • Captain Ilima's battles fixed. Also edited the second encounter with him.
  • Finished a bit of the third island and all of Lush Jungle. With that second island is officially finished.
  • Changed Cynthia's theme to the Smash Brothers version.
  • Added in custom music for my own encounter (Still looking for which trainer class is Dexio... For now its Sina for music purposes.)
  • Colress battle halfway through the second island functioning.
I believe that is it? I'll try to release a bigger update sometime soon guys!

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey dude I thought I was doing it wrong as well but for some reason the trainer ID nothing changes. But it does work, go to route 1 if you find starleys, sentrets, zigzagzoon it working. And if the first trainer you battle if their rattata is level 5 its working.

I check rout one but found nothing but pikipek and yoongos, and youngster jimmy rattata was at level 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff