Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello guys, I'm completely new to this hacking stuff, so forgive me my stupid question but... the hell is base? Can't figure it out, I don't know what to choose or what to download to get this tool working.
A base is a game that was officially released for the Virtual Console. For example, "Adventure Island" for NES, "Donkey Kong Country" for SNES, "Super Mario 64" for N64, "Rayman Advance" for GBA or "Yoshi Touch & Go" for NDS.
I cannot include base games in the program due to copyright.

xenohbutton

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sebagra.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I thought so when I've read all the comments and compability list. But why do I need to select a folder, not file? I selected a folder with Donkey Kong Country, but got the error saiyng base is invalid. And whatever I do, I always get this error.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You must select the folder because the game is made up of several files, if you only selected one file the path of all the other files would be missing.

Have you already entered the Common Key in the Settings section?

xenohbutton

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sebagra.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, and it is correct.

Am I missing something? Maybe folders should be organised in some way? Where should I put base rom?

upload_2020-3-23_19-54-4.png
upload_2020-3-23_19-54-4.png

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The file you have there is a ROM, it is not a base game. The base games are made up of files (title.cert, title.tik, title.tmd, "* .app" and "* .h3") or folders (code, content and meta).

a-problem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This app could not be started."

I allowed it to run (nothing's blocking it) and windows does that. any way to fix this?

a-problem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes,that is all it says. it also asks if I want to view more details about the error.

The executable window is completely black. It seems to be an error thrown by Windows, not the program.

tinyurl alias (to the screenshot, this is my 2nd post): ub2toty

(I also have a base game)

It's also worth noting that it asks twice before automatically closing the app, and Yes acts the same as No, they both just close the error window

Last edited by a-problem,

Spikemech88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’m using wii64, not64, WiiSXR, and when I try to boot up a save file. My system freezes, how can I fix this. I’m using a Wii U vwii.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a start your issue is nothing to do with Phacox's Injector.

But I know that the latest Wii64 Crashes something to do with Config file atleast for me on my WiiU Official not Fix94 Fork.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you already read the initial post of this thread?
It's where all the compatibility lists are like:
"All existing Wii U VC N64 config files made by Nintendo".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes,that is all it says. it also asks if I want to view more details about the error.

The executable window is completely black. It seems to be an error thrown by Windows, not the program.

tinyurl alias (to the screenshot, this is my 2nd post): ub2toty

(I also have a base game)

It's also worth noting that it asks twice before automatically closing the app, and Yes acts the same as No, they both just close the error window
The content that the tinyurl alias redirects to is not accessible to everyone, I can't see the screenshot.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello
So I am in the middle of creating my first nds injection (and first injection overall with this program). Which dimensions should the images have for Icon, GamePad and TV Banner respectively?

I know that the GamePad banner for example would usually be 854x480P, but that's for the entire screen and I can see that the cover art only takes up a smaller amount of space on the entire image. I don't want my Cover Art to look distorted, so that's why I am asking.

EDIT: Just noticed that when I try to use one of my own images for GamePad banner that is bigger than 854x480p, it just covers the entire screen and that doesn't look good. Do you have .psd files or some templates for the icons?

EDIT 2: Nevermind. I figured out that you can edit ONLY the small space and leave the rest of the template as is, by selecting an image/Icon under Title Screen. And the best part is that you can also still edit the whole Cover for individual Screens while using this option.

This is what I wanted to do:P

Moemon Platinum.png

Last edited by XaneTenshi,
Reactions: phacox_cll

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello
So I am in the middle of creating my first nds injection (and first injection overall with this program). Which dimensions should the images have for Icon, GamePad and TV Banner respectively?

I know that the GamePad banner for example would usually be 854x480P, but that's for the entire screen and I can see that the cover art only takes up a smaller amount of space on the entire image. I don't want my Cover Art to look distorted, so that's why I am asking.

EDIT: Just noticed that when I try to use one of my own images for GamePad banner that is bigger than 854x480p, it just covers the entire screen and that doesn't look good. Do you have .psd files or some templates for the icons?

EDIT 2: Nevermind. I figured out that you can edit ONLY the small space and leave the rest of the template as is, by selecting an image/Icon under Title Screen. And the best part is that you can also still edit the whole Cover for individual Screens while using this option.

This is what I wanted to do:P

View attachment 200829
Hi
You have discovered that I programmed some layers to customize the presentation of the games, in descending order:
- Background (only visible if the program does not have a target console or cannot find the files in the resources/images folder).
- Title screen box.
- Boot image frame.
- Texts: Name, Release date, Players.

More important than the dimensions is the aspect ratio to avoid distorting the images, since the program automatically resizes the images.
These are the dimensions and aspect ratios:
Icon: 128x128, 1:1
TV: 1280x720, 16:9
GamePad: 854x480, 16:9
Title screen (NES, SNES, N64, NDS): 400x300, 4:3
Title screen (GBA): 399x266, 3:2

For the text the program uses Trebuchet MS at 10em, the text boxes are:
Only short name: Position 578x340, Size 640x50.
Line 1 long name: Position 578x313, Size 640x50.
Line 2 long name: Position 578x368, Size 640x50.
Release date: Position 586x450, Size 250x40.
Players: Position 586x496, Size 200x40.
This applies to the 1280x720 image and then resized to 854x480 for the GamePad.

Plantillas.png

Reactions: CORE and XaneTenshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i use the "center camera in object" action
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i cant find that smart camera extension
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, its called Smooth Camera
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa we should have a meeting with other forum memebers and take shrooms
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i think you would be a great trip guider
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I'd wonder off somewhere probably
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey made some Sun tea yesterday, and cut up some peaches in let sit in there w the teabags, shit is Da bomb. Bout to try it with some peach vodka..
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking