[RELEASE] PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha - official thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cpasjuste, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Lineacero

Lineacero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    Thank you panzer_baboon.
    Goodnight. Someone knows if they are going to update this emulator so that the roms that some lentisimas are improved?, Example r-type and r-type 2 and r-type leo, go very slow. The roms of pc-engine do not go, those of megadrive also, those of msx, neither ,,, It is known if they are going to update it and improve something of this ????. Thank you.

2. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    you're right. many other games (such as "joe & mac caveman ninja" for example) are very slow. the emulator crashes a lot also and quit to main psvita menu. i hope in a new version soon.

3. rez78

rez78 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    Italy
    I'm still hoping in rapid fire options!

4. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    Any idea to reduce input lag in pfba on pstv with a dualshock 4 in wireless mode? i lowered all graphic and sound details but still no changes. tnx.

5. Lineacero

Lineacero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    cpasjuste,,hello, are you going to get a new version of pfba for the slow roms? thanks

rez78 likes this.
  6. Linkuei

Linkuei Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Argentina
    It's sad that emulation of SEGA, TAITO, Data East... games are much less optimized and run slower than CPS1, CPS2 and NEO GEO games... :(
    PFBA is still a great way to play arcade games on the Vita!

7. Spartk

Spartk Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    Argentina
    exactly! for example joe and mac caveman ninja is totally unplayable! it's sad to see that these games run perfectly on a galaxy s3 but are too slow on psvita hardware, due to a low optimization.

Linkuei likes this.
  8. Lineacero

Lineacero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    We expect a good pfba update for ps vita
    :)

Last edited by Lineacero, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:13 PM
    Linkuei, davidgilmour and rez78 like this.
  9. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I just came across this "no roms showing" problem again. Again it happened because I used Windows to copy the roms to the USB stick, for faster copy speed. It just doesn't work that way. But if I put the USB stick in the Vita TV and use FTP to transfer the roms to it, they show up fine.

10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Guessing that since this has not been Updated in 2 Months, either the Dev is taking a break, or it is Dead?

11. Lineacero

Lineacero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    we need an update from pfba and that the roms work well please.
    people are asking you out loud.

12. DaveC1964

DaveC1964 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2013
    United States
    If the original didn't have it then we don't need it. Git gud right?

13. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Some acknowledgement would be nice at the very least. People have been making requests, and they haven't heard "sure, we'll include that," or "we'll think about it," or even "the project is on hold." Just stony silence. Nobody likes being ignored.

14. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    It's a homebrew emulator ported/enhanced by a few people in their spare time.
    The polite thing to do would be to thank them when/if there are updates, they do not owe us anything including posting to tell us there are no more updates.

Panzer_Baboon likes this.
  15. rez78

rez78 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    Italy
    You don't need it! I need it!

16. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    An easy way to check progress or if a project is on hold is to go to the github page and check activity there. If you go to github.com/cpasjuste/pfba and github.com/rsn8887/pfba , and look at recent commits, you will see that neither of us had time recently to work on the projects. If you check activity for a username on github you will see if and how they spend their time with coding.

Panzer_Baboon likes this.
  17. Panzer_Baboon

Panzer_Baboon Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Nobody owes you or any of the others here that are complaining anything. It's posts like yours that cause many of these guys to stop working on homebrew/emulation. It's not like they're getting paid to do this. People should be thankful for their hard work.

I'm extremely grateful for the work that cpasjuste and rsn8887 have done on this emulator.

18. Lineacero

Lineacero Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Spain
    I am very grateful for the work that cpasjuste and rsn8887 have done in this emulator. rsn8887 helped me in the emulator amiga-hdf-virtual.thanks.enorme effort:hrth::gba: