Hacking [Release] NTR CFW 2.0 for New 3DS

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's ONE thing Sky3DS can do that GW can't (actually GW CAN take screenshots as well, with previous NTR versions), and it's not even a Sky feature but something someone else implemented and has no relation to it, and GW is the crappy one? :rolleyes:

This one is about new 3ds, isn't it? GW is for activating classic mode to use Sky3DS. I'm using that way.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SEXY! I love this release! thank you very much <3
Would like to see a RopLoader-Version of it which I can run with the DS Profile Exploit (Old 4.5 3DS, EUR) :)

Done! Welcome to November 2014.
Without emuNAND we can't use newer original Cartridges without upgrading sysNAND if there is no Spoofing or another method to get it working.

I would like to enter eShop at least once with 9.2.0-XXE to download my Games i buyed because there is currently not fat16 xorpad generator.
What on earth are you talking about? What games are you unable to play on 9.2?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so this version ditched the ability to load games with a GW?

The ability to load games with a GW cart has a lot to do with how they boot into their modified state. Old NTR-CFW let you since it used Gateway's earlier stages which did all the hardware setup for their cart. This doesn't do that, since they wrote nearly all of it themselves. (Did you guys borrow some stuff bootstrap though? We're just curious... 0xfaaffaaf is pretty unique.)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone please mod this to run CIAs... I'm getting really pissed off at these talented devs being dicks about piracy.

They are not being dicks, they don't want to be the name that surfaces around.

If you want a developer to enable piracy, start learning to code.

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work, cell9. I'm surprised you're still in the scene, let alone making public releases, given the prevalence of the entitlement attitude, demonstrated so well in parts of this thread (and forum).

Back to the topic:
Plugin support. Users can develop or install their own plugins with libntrplg, plugin will run in the background and is callable via NTR CFW Menu. (screenshot is a built-in plugin now)
Just to be clear, does this mean a plugin runs concurrently with the 'active application' as a new, separate process?

And less on-topic: could a plugin patch an SVC handler?

We're just curious... 0xfaaffaaf is pretty unique.
Aw, what's wrong with a good old tasteful 0xDEADBABE?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please mod this to run CIAs... I'm getting really pissed off at these talented devs being dicks about piracy.

I know I'm not a developer of this, but I feel the need to stand up for them. In particular, it's worth noting that the way NTR-CFW 2.0 works means allowing unsigned CIA installation is not possible. They don't patch any signing checks at all, and they can't with how they're doing things since this doesn't even touch ARM9 at all. (It's very eloquent though, I like it.)

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In short, no cia, no piracy.
I fail to see how allowing GW (ie: a device that can already run ROMs on its own) to be used concurrently with NTR CFW like on previous versions could count as enabling piracy. If anything, the removal of GW support prompts me to buy a Sky3DS, which means it's prompting me to support a piracy device that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Does NTR-CFW 2 have built in RAM searching/dumping for cheat creation, or do I still have to use NTR client on my PC?

Would plugins have full ARM11 access? Because there would be potential for lots of fantastic plugins.

Is there anything US/Europe uses can do to help speed up the process of adding support for them?

What about DLC and Onine. Can I online with MH4U on JP N3DS
The old NTR-CFW disabled internet access when cheats were activated. I suspect this version will do the same.

I know I'm not a developer of this, but I feel the need to stand up for them. In particular, it's worth noting that the way NTR-CFW 2.0 works means allowing unsigned CIA installation is not possible. They don't patch any signing checks at all, and they can't with how they're doing things since this doesn't even touch ARM9 at all. (It's very eloquent though, I like it.)
Discussion over. That cell9 & co manage to achieve this with without ARM9 is impressive.

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see how allowing GW (ie: a device that can already run ROMs on its own) to be used concurrently with NTR CFW like on previous versions could count as enabling piracy. If anything, the removal of GW support prompts me to buy a Sky3DS, which means it's prompting me to support a piracy device that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.
It has already been explained that 'lack of Gateway support' is a passive consequence, rather than an action.

Gateway has to fuck around with your 3DS to enable free gaemz.
NTR CFW has to fuck around with your 3DS to enable CFW.

cell9 didn't actively go to the formidable--perhaps impossible--effort to make the two work together. Too fucking bad.

If you want to buy a Sky3DS, go ahead. Somebody not enabling piracy doesn't imply that they are supporting piracy. By that logic, you're encouraging piracy. I want free games on the N3DSXL in every region on every firmware. Well? Why aren't you enabling piracy? That means you're encouraging piracy! Hypocrite.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It has already been explained that 'lack of Gateway support' is a passive consequence, rather than an action.

Gateway has to fuck around with your 3DS to enable free gaemz.
NTR CFW has to fuck around with your 3DS to enable CFW.

cell9 didn't actively go to the formidable--perhaps impossible--effort to make the two work together. Too fucking bad.

If you want to buy a Sky3DS, go ahead. Somebody not enabling piracy doesn't imply that they are supporting piracy. By that logic, you're encouraging piracy. I want free games on the N3DSXL in every region on every firmware. Well? Why aren't you enabling piracy? That means you're encouraging piracy! Hypocrite.
lrn2read. Where did I ask for this to enable piracy?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
look im a bit sad that NTR has moved away from the gateway launcher it was nice to have around......but the gateway launcher was just a means to an end for the dev, now he has been able to achieve this with his own setup without relying on modding the gateway launcher, this was probably what he always wanted for the project from the start, again its a shame for gateway users, but i wont complain, good work and nice to see people developing stuff without gateway stuff....even if its not as good for gateway users

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
look im a bit sad that NTR has moved away from the gateway launcher it was nice to have around......but the gateway launcher was just a means to an end for the dev, now he has been able to achieve this with his own setup without relying on modding the gateway launcher, this was probably what he always wanted for the project from the start, again its a shame for gateway users, but i wont complain, good work and nice to see people developing stuff without gateway stuff....even if its not as good for gateway users
I can understand that. But here's how things went here:

Me: So this can no longer be used with GW?

PagaN: STFU, no piracy features!

Me: I don't need a game loader, I already have one in my GW. I just wanted to know if this version no longer lets you take screenshots with GW. Kind of ironic that the removal of GW support in this update is prompting me to buy another flashcart despite this being a non-piracy homebrew, btw.

Helper: Stop complaining and asking for a ROM loader you hypocrite!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ever tried to enter eShop with lower firmware?
Yeah, you can't. But that's irrelevant to what I'm talking about.
Without emuNAND we can't use newer original Cartridges without upgrading sysNAND if there is no Spoofing or another method to get it working.
You said "Without emuNAND we can't use newer original Cartridges". There are no cartridges you can't play on 9.2.

As for spoofing; the original NTR-CFW had spoofing, there's nothing to suggest this one doesn't.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, you can't. But that's irrelevant to what I'm talking about.

You said "Without emuNAND we can't use newer original Cartridges". There are no cartridges you can't play on 9.2.

As for spoofing; the original NTR-CFW had spoofing, there's nothing to suggest this one doesn't.
The original NTR was based on the GW launcher, which already had FW spoofing. I wouldn't take it for granted if this one uses original code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i don't have one either +1