Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was about to ask about images, but then i realized i had a PNG

oops?

Convert it to JPG. It should be 400x240 and shouldn't be larger than 128kb. I've added file preview, but didn't released yet. Feel free to compile from source if you want, I still feel there's something else remaining before the next release.

Reactions: Ricken

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably just being dumb, I was able to create the notification and it displays text, though it doesn't display the picture. Is 66KB so it should work and is at the right size

Last edited by Boured,

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably just being dumb, I was able to create the notification and it displays text, though it doesn't display the picture. Is there a size limit as well?

Convert it to JPG. It should be 400x240 and shouldn't be larger than 128kb.

Make sure it's a JPG image, 400x240, and doesn't exceeds 128kb (or 50kb, if it still doesn't woks).
Although I guess it's already a JPG image, since the file browser only displays .jpg files.

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it's a JPG image, 400x240, and doesn't exceeds 128kb (or 50kb, if it still doesn't woks).
Although I guess it's already a JPG image, since the file browser only displays .jpg files.
I'll remake it, since the old one I just used a dumped image as a base

EDIT: @Ryuzaki_MrL Well it worked when I saved it in the lowest resolution possible, is there perhaps a resolution limit?

Last edited by Boured,

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, were you using an image from another notification? If so, it should have worked.

EDIT: tested myself and it's working.
And no, it was a custom one, I also noticed all the ones I dumped are Baseline Optimized in Photoshop. Is that a requirement as well because now I'm going to try to do it with Baseline Optimized at highest save resolution

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And no, it was a custom one, I also noticed all the ones I dumped are Baseline Optimized in Photoshop. Is that a requirement as well because now I'm going to try to do it with Baseline Optimized at highest save resolution

Alright, filesize limit is 50kb, tested with a 90kb file and it didn't work. Reading the notification with NotifyMii displays an incomplete image and reading with Notification applet doesn't display any image at all.
All other custom JPG images I used for testing are standard 400x240 JPG images. Some of them were even made in Paint then converted to JPG, and all of them worked fine (none of them are larger than 50kb). I think Baseline should work if filesize doesn't exceed 50kb.

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL,

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, filesize limit is 50kb, tested with a 90kb file and it didn't work. Reading the notification with NotifyMii displays an incomplete image.
All other custom JPG images I used for testing are standard 400x240 JPG images. Some of them were even made in Paint then converted to JPG, and all of them worked fine (none of them are larger than 50kb). I think Baseline should work if filesize doesn't exceed 50kb.
Yep tested it with max clarity, didn't work so my limit is 50kb then :3

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this and all I can think is enabling spotpass for homebrew apps, and then get notifications about updates to them. Would be amazing.

Reactions: JSMastah

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see this and all I can think is enabling spotpass for homebrew apps, and then get notifications about updates to them. Would be amazing.

This could be possible, but not with NotifyMii itself.
Btw, a planned feature for NotifyMii GUI is checking for updates.
The app will look for an update and create a notification if there's one available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E