Last edited by ElGriego,

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So, I was able to get Nitro Stream GTK running almost like a native app on macOS:
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 01.44.51.png

I had to use Automator to create custom icons that will handle all of the Wine and Mono stuff without the user having to type the commands, and the Automator icons themselves are pretty much treated as native macOS apps and can be placed on the Dock. It's a long and convoluted process and I'm sure that there's a much better way of doing it, but at least the user experience is almost on par as on Windows now. I might write a short guide (or just add it as a minor extension to the main tutorial) once I figure out how to simplify the entire process.

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I was able to get Nitro Stream GTK running almost like a native app on macOS:
I had to use Automator to create custom icons that will handle all of the Wine and Mono stuff without the user having to type the commands, and the Automator icons themselves are pretty much treated as native macOS apps and can be placed on the Dock. It's a long and convoluted process and I'm sure that there's a much better way of doing it, but at least the user experience is almost on par as on Windows now. I might write a short guide (or just add it as a minor extension to the main tutorial) once I figure out how to simplify the entire process.

This is fantastic! Sorry I had to cut my work short on this. I didn't have a Mac to test on and I've recently started a new job. Could you get in touch with me and we can work out what you did and if I can implement any aspect of it into the core application?

Thanks

Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This is fantastic! Sorry I had to cut my work short on this. I didn't have a Mac to test on and I've recently started a new job. Could you get in touch with me and we can work out what you did and if I can implement any aspect of it into the core application?

Thanks
Sure thing.
It's important to note that I haven't actually ported Nitro Stream to macOS or programmed anything. This method is effectively identical to running Nitro Stream through Mono, however the custom icons I made are just macros that automate the process of launching Nitro Stream and NTR Viewer through Mono and Wine Staging.

Reactions: Roomsaver

alejakaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NitroViewer cant handle 2 new3ds. The client open 2 NTR Viewer but one of them doesnt work, instead in the first NTRViewer start to show both New3DS.

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey so umm - Im gonna be compiling a new build of this with improved UI (The base UI is good but its using Aero Theme and no base build custom controls, So im gonna convert it to C# if it isnt already and make the UI amazing!)

Reactions: RustInPeace

jlangford

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey so umm - Im gonna be compiling a new build of this with improved UI (The base UI is good but its using Aero Theme and no base build custom controls, So im gonna convert it to C# if it isnt already and make the UI amazing!)

It's not built with the Aero theme. It uses the native OS theme because that's how WPF works, I didn't really see the point in making a custom wpf theme for such a simple app, but if you're gonna fork it, please fork it on github, if your theme is decent I'll bring it into the master branch! :)

Also it is already written in C#. Also on my github is libnitrostream, which, if you want to take this app off in your own direction rather than merging back with the main branch, I would highly recommend you port the app over to (I will be doing this at some point). This means the codebase is shared between the cross platform version and the WPF version.

Good luck!

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run the cross platform version on Linux, launching it with the Mono runtime, but when I connect, the 3DS screen flickers (showing it's connecting), and then NitroStream simply crashes. This is the only program that has gotten close to connecting, so I would appreciate any advice you have on this.

EDIT: Fixed that problem by placing NTRViewer in the same folder.

But now, I have another problem. The first time, it worked just fine, but now, NItroStream says something about the client disconnecting in 10 seconds, and then disconnects.

Last edited by Gimzie,

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance of porting this to Linux? I would love to play my n3ds through my raspberry pi > retropie ;)

You can install Mono with this one package on Linux, look it up. Then you can launch the Mono NitroStream with the Mono Runtime, and launch NTRViewer with Wine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1