ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Double Cross English UI Patch

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay, seriously. What am I doing wrong? I'm starting up NTR then XX and it's still in Japanese. I'm following everything and it just won't work.

Are you using BootNTR Selector? on first launch it lets you choose the following.

"Use default" which runs plugins from "sdmc:/plugin/"
"Settings #2" which runs plugins from "sdmc:/3ds/plugin/"

Did you pick Setting 2? the default folder structure for this patch is the default path, you could try moving "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/layeredfs.plg" to "sdmc:/3ds/plugin/0004000000197100/layeredfs.plg" maybe future updates to the patch could have 2 versions of the .plg file for each structure, though does add some folder clutter either way...

I'm not 100% sure that is the correct folder structure for setting 2 having never used it, the other option is reinstall BootNTR Selector and pick "use default" you might even be able to hold "X" as you are booting NTR Selector which should force it to make sure its up to date which will in-turn reset the settings.

Finally if you are on O3DS you need to make sure you are using the Mode 3 version of BootNTR Selector.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

SaraSakura

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using BootNTR Selector? on first launch it lets you choose the following.

Did you pick Setting 2? the default folder structure for this patch is the default path, you could try moving "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/layeredfs.plg" to "sdmc:/3ds/plugin/0004000000197100/layeredfs.plg" maybe future updates to the patch could have 2 versions of the .plg file for each structure, though does add some folder clutter either way...

I'm not 100% sure that is the correct folder structure for setting 2 having never used it, the other option is reinstall BootNTR Selector and pick "use default" you might even be able to hold "X" as you are booting NTR Selector which should force it to make sure its up to date which will in-turn reset the settings.

Finally if you are on O3DS you need to make sure you are using the Mode 3 version of BootNTR Selector.
does mode 3 even work?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, seriously. What am I doing wrong? I'm starting up NTR then XX and it's still in Japanese. I'm following everything and it just won't work.
if you configured NTR to use a different plugin folder than the default you have to manually move the plugin folder created by the patcher to the one you configured.

Reactions: VivreDNA

ninonino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A friend referred me to this. Tonight was my first time with NTR and I don't know if this Mode 3, I'd very much appreciate it if you could redircect me to it if this isn't it. btw thanks for helpin

Attachments

• received_1459337590775108.png
    received_1459337590775108.png
    80 KB · Views: 528

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
A friend referred me to this. Tonight was my first time with NTR and I don't know if this Mode 3, I'd very much appreciate it if you could redircect me to it if this isn't it. btw thanks for helpin

In that post you can find QR Codes for FONZD Banner 2.6 Mode 3/PabloMK7 Banner 2.6 Mode 3, either will do the trick just a different banner on the HOME menu, the icon on the HOME menu will also have a "3" in the bottom right corner (see below)

mnHhDR7.png

Just tried on my 2DS, worked a treat.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis,

ninonino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, mine doesn't have that 3 at all. Do you mind linking the post that it's from? The initial screenshot isn't mine. Thanks for helping me through this, I'm not very bright with this kind of stuff.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the creators aren't providing support for it (and that is okay), but does anyone have a workaround to being able to patch the game (I have the cartridge) without CFW's? I can break region lock but I really wanna play this translated too:(
This should totally work with the cartridge, but in order to run off pure Homebrew rather than CFW, I guess HANS would have to actually see the light of an update.

AzuraLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
for those hunters that stuck on 3ds loading screen,
try to check if in "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder have more than one .plg file ???
in my case, i put cheat.plg + layeredfs.plg at "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder...
that make my 3ds stuck on loading screen ,
if in that folder U have more than one plg file, then delete it....
make sure that only layeredfs.plg in the "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder ....

hope this help .. tq

Line

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
for those hunters that stuck on 3ds loading screen,
try to check if in "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder have more than one .plg file ???
in my case, i put cheat.plg + layeredfs.plg at "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder...
that make my 3ds stuck on loading screen ,
if in that folder U have more than one plg file, then delete it....
make sure that only layeredfs.plg in the "sdmc:/plugin/0004000000197100/" folder ....

hope this help .. tq

If that is the case, then for O3DS users, you may keep both files as long as they are not larger than 300KB combined. If larger than 300KB NTR Mode 3 won't be able to start any Extended Memory Game. The patch all by itself is very small so for players that only have the patch file it shouldnt really freeze on the loading screen.

Last edited by Line,
Reactions: VivreDNA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol