ROM Hack [Release] MHXX Monster Info Overlay Plugin for NTR 3.4

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was working fine on the v2.1 of the English patch, but updating to 3.0 completely broke it. If I have this enabled at all, the game crashes when I hit Continue in the menu. Not having it enabled, be that from not using ntr or simply disabling the overlay in the plugins config, will let me play as normal.

I've been using ntr 3.5 from ntr selector, because you can no longer pick 3.4...3.3/3.2 don't work with this plugin, so it means i either have to disable this plugin or not play XX. It might work with 3.4? Either way it totally crashes the game with the 3.0 english patch. considering downgrading back to 2.1 so i can keep using this lol

edit: forgot to mention was using 1.4.1 of this plugin

downgrading to v1.3 of this plugin fixed it, which is fine by me

Thanks for the report, I will look into this.
I know that v3 of the English patch broke the monster names, but I haven't received crash reports like this.

Issac Ukiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I renamed the plugin to mhxx2.plg, and it works no issue with the english patch, aside from the known broken names.

Plugin version 1.4.1
English patch 3.0
MHXX version 1.1.0
NTR 3.5
CFW Luma 7.1 Boot9Strap
System firmware 11.4-U

BTW, I like the way this one works, are you going to make something like this for MHGen?

Last edited by Issac Ukiba,

Tmunlimited

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Was crashing as well on 1.4.1 after i updated to the english patch v3. I fixed it by deleting the config file in the plugin folder.

mikewii7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i dont know and i dont wanna know how to use github, i fixed overlay plugin to correctly show monster names/size with english patch v3.0
i upload compiled .plg and fixes i made in monster.h

Attachments

• mhxx.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 387
  • monster.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: Vermil

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i dont know and i dont wanna know how to use github, i fixed overlay plugin to correctly show monster names/size with english patch v3.0
i upload compiled .plg and fixes i made in monster.h

Thanks for fixing the plugin for english patch v3.0

Last edited by Vermil,

noStriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The plugin does not work with the new 1.2 update. The 3ds logo shows and the screen flashes green but after that, when the next screen appears it kicks you out of the game.

Reactions: Vermil

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
There's been a new update for mhxx: V1.2.
Will the overlay plugin work on v1.2?
The plugin does not work with the new 1.2 update. The 3ds logo shows and the screen flashes green but after that, when the next screen appears it kicks you out of the game.
Ahaha thanks again:D

ThatBenderGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the broken monster names for ENG Patch V4? I know for sure Barroth's name is broken as it appears as E then a random assortment of numbers

akatsukiclan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
it.myspace.com
XP
Country
Italy
I have this issue, anyone know how to solve this? I'm on latest luma, latest boot ntr mode 3, mhxx 1.2 ver, english patch v4, o3ds xl

EDIT: Solved deleting a file named layeredfs.plg in plugin folder, It works fine now.

Last edited by akatsukiclan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes