gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So I went to the site named by the password field on the OP (well, seems I can't name it x.x) and tried to find the password..... Only some time later it hit me..... x.x

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: Deleted User

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As I understand it, this doesn't download games off Sony's servers, but somewhere hosted by a third-party without permission. This pretty much qualifies it for being a warez tool.

Last edited by WiiUBricker, , Reason: grammar fix

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
As I understand it, this doesn't download games off Sony's servers, but somewhere offshore hosted. This pretty much qualifies it for being a warez tool.
Frankly, even if it did download from Sony's website, it would still be a warez tool.

At any rate, doubt we'll have a freeShop here. Nintendo's security with the 3DS is completely different from the Vita's.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Frankly, even if it did download from Sony's website, it would still be a warez tool.
As long as it downloads stuff directly from its official source, you could argue that it isn't a warez tool since warez is by definition copyrighted content hosted by third-parties without permission.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as it downloads stuff directly from its official source, you could argue that it isn't a warez tool since warez is by definition copyrighted content hosted offshore.
I suppose that's why freeShop is here. That and the fact that it needs the title keys to work.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
So we can download games directly to the console with this ?anyone can compile this
The app is incomplete, and seems to run on LPP-Vita, so you don't need anything but the ZIP to build the VPK.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

D

Deleted User

I was reading the readme text that comes with the source code.
Rin didn't make this. He only made LPP..which was used as the source/tool to make this. LPP is the interpreter for the source code.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, looking at the source code, it isn't finished; it is just the idea with some code. Silly me, I thought that this was finished. @Garblant I wouldn't call this a release really since its not only just source, but uncompleted as well. It is an interesting concept, but without a centralized, known MaiDump server or something, the app is essentially useless. Unless someone does all of that on their own or with a team, this is just unfinished concept code.
The code is 99.9% complete. Its not unfinished. I put notes in such a way that anyone who thoroughly reads through the source code can get a PoC going

The app is incomplete, and seems to run on LPP-Vita, so you don't need anything but the ZIP to build the VPK.

Not incomplete. Read above :P

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Rin didn't make this. He only made LPP..which was used as the source/tool to make this. LPP is the interpreter for the source code.

The code is 99.9% complete. Its not unfinished. I put notes in such a way that anyone who thoroughly reads through the source code can get a PoC going

Not incomplete. Read above :P
99.9% complete still is incomplete x.x

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
That 1% is probably because the application is not capable of making contact with Sony's servers...yet.
Wrong. This is to download dumps made with MaiDump. You don't get that from Sony's servers. Also, their security works in a different way from the 3DS's. I doubt we will have a freeShop here.

Sphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will not or will ever contact Sony servers,
Now, if you'd setup a server on your own you might be able to download backups from your server to your vita and finish the unfinished code and complete the app.

Im not going to download and have a peek at the source, I dont support this at all.
I already pissed off the developer once so im gonna hold my tongue, I dont know IF my writing above is accurate.

Perhaps one will release a finished build or not.
Time will tell.
Cheers

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yes this is not like CIAngel/freeshop
but making something like CIAngel is so possible, very viable, not much of a challenge.

the only thing i can't imagine how to do is install the pkg from the vita itself... since for vita, you normally install pkg files from the pc, using cma...

anyway, when we have signature patches and real piracy, then we can have all the good stuff the 3ds scene has :)

As long as it downloads stuff directly from its official source, you could argue that it isn't a warez tool since warez is by definition copyrighted content hosted offshore.
ah so having the files hosted domestically isn't warez ;)
(sorry to poke at your english)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Not when the .1 is simple stuff and does require any coding knowledge
Not at all. There are only two values for completion. complete or incomplete. 100% is complete. Anything besides that is incomplete.

yes this is not like CIAngel/freeshop
but making something like CIAngel is so possible, very viable, not much of a challenge.

the only thing i can't imagine how to do is install the pkg from the vita itself... since for vita, you normally install pkg files from the pc, using cma...

anyway, when we have signature patches and real piracy, then we can have all the good stuff the 3ds scene has :)

ah so having the files hosted domestically isn't warez ;)
(sorry to poke at your english)
how would it be possible? Do we have direct download links to said pkg files/whatever way they are stored in the servers?

At any rate, atm we can't install those.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
how would it be possible? Do we have direct download links to said pkg files/whatever way they are stored in the servers?
yes we have access, just like for years :)
it really annoys me (nothing personal against you lol) - that people seem to forget everything about psp, ps3, when new devices come out.
vita system, downloads etc, it works so similar to the ps3.

ps3 had something like CIAngel/FunkyCIA, except it was on the pc. it downloaded from sony etc, i think...

we can easily do something like that for vita, we just need more hacks so we can get our fake tickets (rif files) past the system.

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: laharl22

Sphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it really annoys me (nothing personal against you lol) - that people seem to forget everything about psp, ps3, when new devices come out.

ps3 had something like CIAngel/FunkyCIA, except it was on the pc. it downloaded from sony etc, i think...

we can easily do something like that for vita, we just need more hacks so we can get our fake tickets (rif files) past the system.

Last edited by Sphere,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

I never used such a thing similar to CIAngel on my PSP tbh, and my PS3 is a Super Slim on latest OFW so I wouldn't know much about PS3 hacking.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4