Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,212
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Temporary fix until JK adds compatiblity to the Rosalina HB Menu:

- Delete the JKSM.xml file from your 3ds folder. (This is the file that tells JKSM to select a target on HBMenu)
- Change the HB Launcher app to the desired game (the one you want to backup/restore the save) using Rosalina Menu: Open your game, then press L+DOWN+SELECT --> Miscellaneous --> Switch hb title to hblauncher_loader.
- Close the game and relaunch it: The Homebrew Launcher will boot. Now you can run JKSM. It will automatically use the game you selected before for the hbmenu.

I discovered that by accident today, lol.
But wouldn't that make it so you can't play the game since it will load the HBL everytime you try to run it?

Also of note: I installed JKSM via FBI.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But wouldn't that make it so you can't play the game since it will load the HBL everytime you try to run it?

Also of note: I installed JKSM via FBI.

No, this is temporary. You just need to restart the console after being done or change the hbmenu to another title.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- Delete the JKSM.xml file from your 3ds folder. (This is the file that tells JKSM to select a target on HBMenu)
- Change the HB Launcher app to the desired game (the one you want to backup/restore the save) using Rosalina Menu: Open your game, then press L+DOWN+SELECT --> Miscellaneous --> Switch hb title to hblauncher_loader.
- Close the game and relaunch it: The Homebrew Launcher will boot. Now you can run JKSM. It will automatically use the game you selected before for the hbmenu.

I just checked. You can also hold L + R as it boots and it'll work just like the CIA version.

Edit : Just a warning though, I forgot this disables the title filter, so you've been warned.

Last edited by JK_,

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It works! Thank you so much. I was worried that I would never be able to backup/import my saves ever again. lol

Reactions: phalk

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
> I just checked. You can also hold L + R as it boots and it'll work just like the CIA version.
When I select a game - let's say ACNL - it shows all IDs 00000000 (8x0s), Prod. Code :<empty> and a line Unique: 8x0s also.
When I do it with the game itself as HB starter, it shows correct IDs an Prod. Code.
It's the .3dsx from page 1 of this thread - is this the newest version?

When I'm done with JKSM .3dsx and exit it, that terminates the whole Homebrew throwing me to the main menu not the HB-menu as I would expect - in most cases, very rarely it terminates to HB.
...that does ftpd either but that's quite ancient though it still works under HB 2.0.0, which is good enough for me.

O3DSXL, 11.4E, Luma 8.0, B9S 1.2

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just compiled an up-to-date 3dsx version with the 3dsx.cpp include removed (and the conditional to check for it).

Source modifications (main.cpp)
Code:
#include <3ds.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sf2d.h>
#include <sftd.h>
#include <string>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <fstream>
//#include <3dsx.h>
#include "sys.h"
#include "global.h"
#include "util.h"
#include "titles.h"

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
    hidInit();
    hidScanInput();
    u32 held = hidKeysHeld();
    if((held & KEY_R) && (held & KEY_L))
        devMode = true;
    //This is for making sure I didn't butcher the font
    else if(held & KEY_R)
        sysLanguage = CFG_LANGUAGE_JP;

sysInit();

//   if(runningUnder() && !devMode)
 //   {
 //       hbl = true;
 //       start3dsxMode();
 //   }
 //   else
 //   {
        sdTitlesInit();
        nandTitlesInit();

while(aptMainLoop() && !kill)
        {
            handleState();
        }
 //   }

This should work with the Rosalina Homebrewmenu.

Anyway, use at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any lost data.

Edit: I forgot to add the attachment. rofl

Attachments

• JKSM.zip
    758.1 KB · Views: 2,065
Last edited by phalk,

nwhiteman42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just compiled an up-to-date 3dsx version with the 3dsx.cpp include removed (and the conditional to check for it).

Source modifications (main.cpp)
Code:
#include <3ds.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <sf2d.h>
#include <sftd.h>
#include <string>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <fstream>
//#include <3dsx.h>
#include "sys.h"
#include "global.h"
#include "util.h"
#include "titles.h"

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
    hidInit();
    hidScanInput();
    u32 held = hidKeysHeld();
    if((held & KEY_R) && (held & KEY_L))
        devMode = true;
    //This is for making sure I didn't butcher the font
    else if(held & KEY_R)
        sysLanguage = CFG_LANGUAGE_JP;

sysInit();

//   if(runningUnder() && !devMode)
 //   {
 //       hbl = true;
 //       start3dsxMode();
 //   }
 //   else
 //   {
        sdTitlesInit();
        nandTitlesInit();

while(aptMainLoop() && !kill)
        {
            handleState();
        }
 //   }

This should work with the Rosalina Homebrewmenu.

Anyway, use at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any lost data.

Edit: I forgot to add the attachment. rofl
Just an FYI for people that you have to delete the old xml file for this to work

Reactions: phalk

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have discovered a problem with this: some games use an anti-cheat, meaning that if the save data's not the latest or not yours, it will not work. The problem here is that it generates a new Secure Value number for the latest save file every time you launch the game (in this case ACNL) meaning that it's impossible to import data because they will always be out of date.

EDIT: I found a way around this, but it is VERY risky and dangerous so I'd advise you to wait until they fix the bugs instead of doing this. Simply load the game, then change it to HBL like previously and load the save manager and back up the save. Then close the save manager and HBL (if it returns back to the HBL, that is). Now that you're on the 3DS homemenu, DO NOT turn the power off AT ALL. Take out the SD card (be careful, I'm not sure what happens if you do this with a heavily modified homemenu) and put it in your PC. Do the edits like normal and once you are done, put it back in the 3DS. Now load the game and it should boot you to the HBL (which is why you must not turn the 3DS off, otherwise it will launch the game instead and you will have to do the whole process over). Now load the save manager and import your save. Quit the save manager (and HBL if it shows up again). Once again, you should be at the 3DS homemenu. Now you must turn off your 3DS and turn it back on. There, load the game and the modified save should load.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,

Eric Skittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use this, but every time, it says
"This homebrew exploit does not have support for launching applications under target titles. Please use a different exploit."
What exactly does this mean?

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have discovered a problem with this: some games use an anti-cheat, meaning that if the save data's not the latest or not yours, it will not work. The problem here is that it generates a new Secure Value number for the latest save file every time you launch the game (in this case ACNL) meaning that it's impossible to import data because they will always be out of date.

EDIT: I found a way around this, but it is VERY risky and dangerous so I'd advise you to wait until they fix the bugs instead of doing this. Simply load the game, then change it to HBL like previously and load the save manager and back up the save. Then close the save manager and HBL (if it returns back to the HBL, that is). Now that you're on the 3DS homemenu, DO NOT turn the power off AT ALL. Take out the SD card (be careful, I'm not sure what happens if you do this with a heavily modified homemenu) and put it in your PC. Do the edits like normal and once you are done, put it back in the 3DS. Now load the game and it should boot you to the HBL (which is why you must not turn the 3DS off, otherwise it will launch the game instead and you will have to do the whole process over). Now load the save manager and import your save. Quit the save manager (and HBL if it shows up again). Once again, you should be at the 3DS homemenu. Now you must turn off your 3DS and turn it back on. There, load the game and the modified save should load.

Try this one...

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cannot confirm what NinelivesBobcat reports.
Exchanged the JKSM-saves of two ACNLs (both download games of course) from different consoles works with no problems on either one.
Also switching between recent saves and older ones show no problem.
O3DSXL and N3DSXL both 11.4E, Luma 8.0, B9S 1.2 with phalk's modified JKSM.3dsx, .xml deleted.

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cannot confirm what NinelivesBobcat reports.
Exchanged the JKSM-saves of two ACNLs (both download games of course) from different consoles works with no problems on either one.
Also switching between recent saves and older ones show no problem.
O3DSXL and N3DSXL both 11.4E, Luma 8.0, B9S 1.2 with phalk's modified JKSM.3dsx, .xml deleted.
I haven't deleted the .xml file yet. Don't brush me off as a liar, please. Also, my post with taking out the SD card and putting it back in was mainly talking about the ACNL save manager.

UPDATE: Deleted the XML file, now it is working. I can successfully import and export data with JKSM now with no issues.

Last edited by NinelivesBobcat,

MZ-4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course I didn't want to incriminate you as a liar! :)
You saw a faulty behaviour on your system, no doubt about that!
Just wanted to state, that I cannot reproduce the error.

I'm sorry, if my answer sounded harsh, that definitely wasn't my intention!:blush:

Reactions: NinelivesBobcat

NinelivesBobcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course I didn't want to incriminate you as a liar! :)
You saw a faulty behaviour on your system, no doubt about that!
Just wanted to state, that I cannot reproduce the error.

I'm sorry, if my answer sounded harsh, that definitely wasn't my intention!:blush:
Oh, sorry about that. It just struck me the wrong way. I guess I was being a bit harsh too. Ah well, at least we've found a workaround now (the updated JKSM.3dsx file) and everything is going fine as it should be. :yay3ds:

Reactions: MZ-4

pandeamonium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering hwo to fix something on jksm i keep getting an error code saying "UH OH something went wrong writing" when im imorting a file from fire emblem save editor to my 3ds all im doing is importing other ppls units how do i fix this problem ?? please and thank you

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why JKSM would inject the original unedited save instead of the edited? The edit is the only remaining save in the file and there is no save on the CIA, just a start at title screen

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why JKSM would inject the original unedited save instead of the edited? The edit is the only remaining save in the file and there is no save on the CIA, just a start at title screen
I don't understand what you're saying, but if I had to guess, you need to make a save file first. If there's nothing to import save into, it won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone