Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,842,367
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a tab bit of feedback

For the list, I vote for the older style where all the game titles are aligned. The way it is in the newest build is jumbled up with text of different lengths. It's just a vote, nothing more.

And a personal request, can you make it so that you can press B B B B until JKSM exits like it used to? Now it seems like you have to choose exit to actually exit. Know what, forget my request. You said the home button works now so there's no need.
I didn't realize that B didn't exit anymore until you just said something. I always hit start to kill it. I'll get it back. If I make the game/system title select not centered, it's probably going to be aligned to the left for maximum space. The x and y I was using were just the columns and rows from the earlier builds multiplied by 8 IIRC.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I thought you needed to use MHGSV to get the save in the proper format for the editor. Apparently some other editors require using specific save extraction tools and are incompatible with JKSM saves.
I very much doubt that.
The reason MHGSV was made is because the normal 3dsx version has problems with games that rely on ExtData, especially Mon Hun Gen. The decrypted save files (which JKSM extracts and uses) should be the ones to be used with any save editor. In fact, I believe it's impossible for a save editor to use an encrypted save file.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, this might be kind of odd from me, but if you really want any of this, hit up the CIA on the cleanup branch.
-Initial text is now the date
-Holding L or R while selecting new will auto date the backup and skip the keyboard completely
-Placing a file named "no_center" in the JKSV folder will make the SD, NAND, and Folder select menus align with the bottom screen. (Until I get to a real settings sort of thing)
-Updated cache to fix problems with certain titles not being read correctly (I hope at least)
-Space is no longer on the verboten character list. I took care of renaming for you. Your folders will no longer have '_'s where the spaces were.
-B can exit the program in the main menu.

I always give everything a quick run down to make sure it doesn't have any huge, obvious issues, but this is one of those try at your own risk sort of things, because I might have missed something.

zaunza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've gone through the forum and did everything I thought I could do, but I'm now completely stumped and need clarification on what I'm missing.

I'm on a New 3DS XL and am trying to Extract and Import save data for Monster Hunter Generations and I am not on CFW. These are the steps I have currently taken:
  1. I have downloaded and put 'boot.3dsx' from Homebrew in the root of the SD Card.
  2. Created a '3ds' folder in the root of the SD Card.
  3. The '3ds' folder contains the JKSM folder that can be downloaded from this thread.
  4. The '3ds' folder also contains the MHGSV folder than can be downloaded from this thread.
I was under the impression that double-clicking some executable would extract the save, but that seems incorrect. I also tried putting the SD Card back into my N3DS, run the game, save the game, and checking the SD Card, but that didn't do anything either. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm missing and how I can move forward.

Thanks!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've gone through the forum and did everything I thought I could do, but I'm now completely stumped and need clarification on what I'm missing.

I'm on a New 3DS XL and am trying to Extract and Import save data for Monster Hunter Generations and I am not on CFW. These are the steps I have currently taken:
  1. I have downloaded and put 'boot.3dsx' from Homebrew in the root of the SD Card.
  3. The '3ds' folder contains the JKSM folder that can be downloaded from this thread.
  4. The '3ds' folder also contains the MHGSV folder than can be downloaded from this thread.
I was under the impression that double-clicking some executable would extract the save, but that seems incorrect. I also tried putting the SD Card back into my N3DS, run the game, save the game, and checking the SD Card, but that didn't do anything either. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm missing and how I can move forward.

Thanks!
You need access to the Homebrew Launcher to use this. You can't just put it on your SD card and expect it to work.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks!
.3dsx files are executable homebrew files for the 3DS. You need to have the means of running homebrew first. Assuming you're on 11, you'll need a game like Freakyforms Deluxe, or since you're in America, you can get SmileBasic on the eShop I think, unless they pulled it. Check here for other entry points.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.3dsx files are executable homebrew files for the 3DS. You need to have the means of running homebrew first. Assuming you're on 11, you'll need a game like Freakyforms Deluxe, or since you're in America, you can get SmileBasic on the eShop I think, unless they pulled it. Check here for other entry points.
SmileBasic's been pulled from the eShop.

zaunza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah ok, I know what to do now. Thanks!

Reactions: Shadowfied

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
just a question on how to use 3dsx version... itried it but it brings me to installed gamelist, when i click a certain game it just bring me back to gamelist...
so how can i reach the UI on 3dsx version?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a question on how to use 3dsx version... itried it but it brings me to installed gamelist, when i click a certain game it just bring me back to gamelist...
so how can i reach the UI on 3dsx version?
Kind of confused about what's going on. Are you seeing the CIA options, or is it kicking you straight back to the hbl?

FrozenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Bug(?): When you have no sd/cia titles installed the popout saying "No installed titles were found" doesnt go away after pressing A or touching the button
Using a9lh o3ds xl , jk save manager cia version

Reactions: JK_

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of confused about what's going on. Are you seeing the CIA options, or is it kicking you straight back to the hbl?
yup, i didnt see the cia options (but im using the 3dsx)... when i click certain game, it doest bring me to JKSM UI, juct kick me back to hbl gamelist...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...