Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,848,081
  • Replies 3,687
  • Likes 243

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the return.
I have access to the manager. But I can not find my backup.
This indicates "Error Opening Exdata! Title May not use it." ...
I have started a game with 20h and +.
For information, I made my save of my NEW 3DS ... And I installed a HomBLauncher on my OLD3DS .... Is that the reason?
I have used the same SD card ...
How to transfer the save to another console?
You cannot simply move the SD card to another system and expect it to work. the encryption is different for different systems. You'd need to export the save on the original 3DS first, then take the decrypted save to the second 3ds (copy the file onto the second 3DS' SD card. do NOT move the SD card form the first 3DS to the second) and import it - Just make sure you also started a new game on the second 3ds' SD card or it wont work either

Last edited by iSharingan,

IIAkiII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really new to all of this.
I was wondering if someone here could help me out? I'm running an updated (11.0.0.33U) version of the 3DS (Old XL). How do I export my saved files? I've saw that I needed something called HomeBrew, but apparently it is no longer supported with the new update. Am I able to use the editor at all or am I just out of luck?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really new to all of this.
I was wondering if someone here could help me out? I'm running an updated (11.0.0.33U) version of the 3DS (Old XL). How do I export my saved files? I've saw that I needed something called HomeBrew, but apparently it is no longer supported with the new update. Am I able to use the editor at all or am I just out of luck?
use Ocarina of time with a 'hacked' save that lets you get into homebrew (called 'oothax'). From there, use this to get your save.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. you wont be able to install .cia files or anything else that uses kernel access, but 3dsx files run through homebrew will work jsut fine - even on the lates firmware (currently 11.0.0.33). Just make sure to get the right modified save and payload for Oothax (Powersaves will likely be your best bet for getting it on your game unless you know someone else who already has access to homebrew)

IIAkiII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. you wont be able to install .cia files or anything else that uses kernel access, but 3dsx files run through homebrew will work jsut fine - even on the lates firmware (currently 11.0.0.33). Just make sure to get the right modified save and payload for Oothax (Powersaves will likely be your best bet for getting it on your game unless you know someone else who already has access to homebrew)
I'll give this a shot in the morning, but with this, am I able to use something like this for an example?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kriogenic-mhx-save-editor-proper-english-editor.418723/

IIAkiII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, should work.
Another question I had was if you guys think it's possible for PowerSave (the device where you put your game cartridge in and you load up cheats) will work for Monster Hunter Generation. I've read online that saved data goes into the 3DS' SD card instead of the actual cartridge.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Another question I had was if you guys think it's possible for PowerSave (the device where you put your game cartridge in and you load up cheats) will work for Monster Hunter Generation. I've read online that saved data goes into the 3DS' SD card instead of the actual cartridge.
It doesn't seem like MHG works with PowerSaves, but @JK_ made a tool, check page 70, last post, that does work through the Homebrew Launcher.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem like MHG works with PowerSaves, but @JK_ made a tool, check page 70, last post, that does work through the Homebrew Launcher.
>seem

it doesn't work with powersaves period. there's no uncertainty about it. Powersaves is useless with games that save their data as EXT data and not on the cartridge. MHGen is one such game, as is Fantasy life.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd need homebrew and a save manager to add the hacked save to a digital version. Kinda catch-22 (and I'm not 100% sure a digital version of oot would work with oothax, but if it does, it'd make using it later easy since you wouldn't have to change game cards). You'll need a physical copy of oot, freakyforms, or cubic ninja (or ironfall?) to get it working first, though at that point you might as well just use that as your entry method, anyway. Physical copies are easier to use since Powersaves lets you add the hacked save wothout needing homebrew access first (though adding the save to a physical cartridge via another 2ds/3ds with CFW is still possible).

IIAkiII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd need homebrew and a save manager to add the hacked save to a digital version. Kinda catch-22 (and I'm not 100% sure a digital version of oot would work with oothax, but if it does, it'd make using it later easy since you wouldn't have to change game cards). You'll need a physical copy of oot, freakyforms, or cubic ninja (or ironfall?) to get it working first, though at that point you might as well just use that as your entry method, anyway. Physical copies are easier to use since Powersaves lets you add the hacked save wothout needing homebrew access first (though adding the save to a physical cartridge via another 2ds/3ds with CFW is still possible).
So as of now, the digital download won't really come in handy and I should get myself a physical copy of OoT?

vikeyev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to be a giant noob here, but I haven't touched my 3ds or looked into the homebrew scene for a few years now. Am I able to use this to backup and restore my Pokemon X save file? And if yes, will I still be able to use this save to battle online? I want my partner to be able to play the game but I don't want to lose all my old pokemon. My 3ds is on firmware 6.2.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a giant noob here, but I haven't touched my 3ds or looked into the homebrew scene for a few years now. Am I able to use this to backup and restore my Pokemon X save file? And if yes, will I still be able to use this save to battle online? I want my partner to be able to play the game but I don't want to lose all my old pokemon. My 3ds is on firmware 6.2.
O gawd update to atleast 9.2

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you will. You can have unlimited amounts of saves using JKSM. However, if you're gonna play online, you need to be on the latest firmware. DO NOT UPDATE.
I'd highly advice you to follow this guide and get yourself setup with A9LH and a CFW, then you'll have everything nice, clean and easy, and after A9LH is setup you can update to the latest firmware as well! You can then open JKSM from the main 3DS menu. No need for a hax entrypoint game etc.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently