Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,836,121
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Using a internet connection would be gross.

It easily possible to extract the product code of a titleId (Result AM_GetTitleProductCode(u8 mediatype, u64 titleID, char* productCode);) The last character would be the region. Give a look to that @JK_ .
The product code is listed so he's already figured that out.

@Shadowfied does it show the original origin of the cia file even if it has been made region free (rf) by someone already ??

As is region... USA / EUR / JPN etc.....
I think so. It looks like this. Since the US Triforce Heroes CIA I use appears in ReiNAND I guess it's RF patched.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Just realized the last letter of the product code represents the region. Didn't make sense to me at first because US games has E. So we already do know which game is which region!

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: peteruk

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would also be nice if it worked with Gateway for those who use Gateway. @JK_ do you know why it doesn't work? It detects the ID and name of the game, then spits "Opening Save Arch... Error: 0xC8A04555"
I don't have a gateway, or I would have looked at it by now. I can do some research, but I don't know if that'll get me anywhere. A quick google search is telling me that save_manager and svdt are throwing the same error.

I had no idea it was possible to be this incredible
You guys should actually be praising the guys working on ctrulib and reverse engineering this stuff more than me.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a gateway, or I would have looked at it by now. I can do some research, but I don't know if that'll get me anywhere. A quick google search is telling me that save_manager and svdt are throwing the same error.

You guys should actually be praising the guys working on ctrulib and reverse engineering this stuff more than me.
Regardless of how awesome ctrulib is it still takes someone to utilize it in good ways, and evidently, as the support in this thread shows, no one has done as good work as you in terms of a save manager :)

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to use this tool, it crashes on "Loading Titles." I'm using reiNAND, on 10.5 N3DS. Am I doing something wrong?
That's the setup it's being written and tested on currently, so that shouldn't be a problem. There should be a file named JKSV.log in your sd's root. Do you mind sending it my way sometime?

Flusteredcustard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the setup it's being written and tested on currently, so that shouldn't be a problem. There should be a file named JKSV.log in your sd's root. Do you mind sending it my way sometime?
I actually don't see that file, maybe it didn't even load far enough to make a log? It says loading title and the little slash spins maybe once, and then it crashes into a forced reboot.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you confirm if you will ever be adding a feature, hopefully sometime soon, where you can batch select titles to make backups of simultaneously using the current date as the name?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you confirm if you will ever be adding a feature, hopefully sometime soon, where you can batch select titles to make backups of simultaneously using the current date as the name?
I don't want to say for 100% sure, but probably. The menu object is going to need a modification to store multiple selections first though.

Reactions: SonicRings

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
It'll probably be out sometime this weekend assuming nothing pops up during testing.
Was gonna ask regarding Gateway, is there anything we testers can do and report to you? I'm guessing it's not as simple as that but thought I'd ask anyway.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was gonna ask regarding Gateway, is there anything we testers can do and report to you? I'm guessing it's not as simple as that but thought I'd ask anyway.
I'd have to take a look at the saves themselves first. According to what I've read online, they're stored on SD, so getting to them shouldn't be an issue. It's opening them that I've got to figure out. I think at least.

Reactions: Michierusama

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd have to take a look at the saves themselves first. According to what I've read online, they're stored on SD, so getting to them shouldn't be an issue. It's opening them that I've got to figure out. I think at least.
Yeah. They are stored on the SD root as titleid.sav. Want me to send you a save of mine?

Reactions: Michierusama

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head