Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 239,452
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll try. Did I need a proper version of h&s.app ?
Of course you need a proper hs.app, which you need to dump with Decrypt9.

And yes, my laptop still run Windows 32 bits, but it has a SD carder port, which is the only way for me te put files in my SD Card :(
Well, that's what I'm trying to solve here, but I need your help to test. I don't have a 32 bit system. You can also try the CTRtool.exe from the attached archive.

EDIT : OK, now i have a proper banner with the new hs.app, and no error with go.bat (I switch on a 64-bit OS), but still, i've an error which force me to reboot the 3DS !
No idea. But make sure you have a proper hs.app (dumped with Decrypt9) and only inject it back with Decrypt9.

Attachments

• ctrtool_makerom_20160109.zip
    333.1 KB · Views: 168

CaptainPatate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course you need a proper hs.app, which you need to dump with Decrypt9.

Well, that's what I'm trying to solve here, but I need your help to test. I don't have a 32 bit system. You can also try the CTRtool.exe from the attached archive.

No idea. But make sure you have a proper hs.app (dumped with Decrypt9) and only inject it back with Decrypt9.

Ok, thanks. I used my backup sysNand to restore the app, I'll try with your version and tell you.

EDIT : Ok, your version of ctrtool.exe has returned this error : Unable to start the program cause libwinthread-1.dll is missing. Try reinstall the program blah blah

Last edited by CaptainPatate,

AmIWideAwake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll ask here for help because I'm trying to do this so cia files actually install on emunand:

I used ctrbootmanager to let me select if I want to boot pasta, cakes, or homebrew upon holding down a button. I go into homebrew and select Decrypt9 and it goes into a black screen. However, it kicks me right back to ctrbootmanager no matter how many times I repeat the process. I removed ctrbootmanager and the boot file corresponding to it but now in emunand browserhax simply fails.

Is there a way to make this work without ctrbootmanager forcing me back to it every time I try and run Decrypt9?

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for this. It saved my ass after accidentally removing FBI. I was doing a multi CIA install (X button in FBI) and knowing that any error will not continue to installing next file but aborting the entire queue, I accepted to overwrite FBI as I accidentally left FBI.cia in my CIA folder. This successfully deleted the title but was unable to reinstall it so I thought I was doomed. But your method + combination of tools sorted it all out! :)

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, thanks. I used my backup sysNand to restore the app, I'll try with your version and tell you.

EDIT : Ok, your version of ctrtool.exe has returned this error : Unable to start the program cause libwinthread-1.dll is missing. Try reinstall the program blah blah
Guess the last compile did not get rid of all the dependencies. Can you try again with the attached one? If that one works on your 32 bit system, we will finally have sorted this issue out for good.
Guess I'll ask here for help because I'm trying to do this so cia files actually install on emunand:

I used ctrbootmanager to let me select if I want to boot pasta, cakes, or homebrew upon holding down a button. I go into homebrew and select Decrypt9 and it goes into a black screen. However, it kicks me right back to ctrbootmanager no matter how many times I repeat the process. I removed ctrbootmanager and the boot file corresponding to it but now in emunand browserhax simply fails.

Is there a way to make this work without ctrbootmanager forcing me back to it every time I try and run Decrypt9?
I don't know what's up with CTR Boot Manager at the moment. It hasn't been updated for a while, and the ctrulib update might have something to do with it - don't know. Browserhax will always fail in EmuNAND - you need to run browserhax from SysNAND. And try running Decrypt9 from the 3DSX file! Also, a black screen for a few seconds is completely normal. And there are issues with improperly downgraded 3DS consoles.

Attachments

• ctrtool_makerom_20160110.zip
    345.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: Zhull

dolutep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to ask, so I hope here is an appropriate place.

I was trying to injecting FBI into Health and Safety. I made the mistake of copying and renaming the work/inject.app file to hs.app instead of the correct generated .app files. After restarting, my Health and Safety app disappeared. This is all on sysnand since I was in the process of unlinking my sysnand and emunand.

What could I do to fix this? Any help appreciated!

EDIT: holy crap I'm dumb. I just injected my original hs.app and everything is fine.

Last edited by dolutep,
Reactions: d0k3

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I've missed the point of this software, but rxTools can already inject FBI into H&S on either SysNAND or EmuNAND. Booting into rxTools, under Advanced, the "Install FBI" option allows to press X for SysNAND injection or Y for EmuNAND injection. I injected FBI after formatting my EmuNAND to unlink it from my SysNAND so I wouldn't risk any harm to my SysNAND.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to restore H&S banner rather than restoring NAND back up? I messed up my EMUNAND by inject banner app. Now even if I restore original hs.app dump file, the banner of the injected app is there!:wacko:

Last edited by tivu100,

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its wierd, i finally got the decrypt9 app running, but now im stuck getting my injected hs.app to work. I dumped my hs.app from my emunand (running decrypt9 on hbl 2.5 launched from sysnand via menuhax) i ran it through the bat file and recieved the two injectable files. when i inject the no-banner file, emunand refuses to boot. when injecting the banner version, emunand boots, but h&s seems to be completely untouched.

im using a downgraded n3ds system currently on 9.2u. most things are working fine, except this and fbi simply wont boot at all for me. native firm checks out, as does pasta, so im not sure whats wrong.

sorry for the terrible typing. im using a shitty on screen keyboard

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Forgive me if I've missed the point of this software, but rxTools can already inject FBI into H&S on either SysNAND or EmuNAND. Booting into rxTools, under Advanced, the "Install FBI" option allows to press X for SysNAND injection or Y for EmuNAND injection. I injected FBI after formatting my EmuNAND to unlink it from my SysNAND so I wouldn't risk any harm to my SysNAND.
Well, this is a universal solution, it works for any inject app, on N3DS and it has other advantages over the rxTools injection. It modifies less stuff (in your SysNAND / EmuNAND) has less error potential and is the safer alternative.

Is there a way to restore H&S banner rather than restoring NAND back up? I messed up my EMUNAND by inject banner app. Now even if I restore original hs.app dump file, the banner of the injected app is there!:wacko:
Just wait. The H&S original banner will come back after a few reboots.

its wierd, i finally got the decrypt9 app running, but now im stuck getting my injected hs.app to work. I dumped my hs.app from my emunand (running decrypt9 on hbl 2.5 launched from sysnand via menuhax) i ran it through the bat file and recieved the two injectable files. when i inject the no-banner file, emunand refuses to boot. when injecting the banner version, emunand boots, but h&s seems to be completely untouched.

im using a downgraded n3ds system currently on 9.2u. most things are working fine, except this and fbi simply wont boot at all for me. native firm checks out, as does pasta, so im not sure whats wrong.

sorry for the terrible typing. im using a shitty on screen keyboard
You didn't use rxTools for injection, or did you? Downgraded NANDs are somewhat special. I'd suggest you redownload the Universal Injector package (I did an update yesterday) and try again, but no guarantees, There shouldn't be any special problems with the banner version vs the non banner one.

Last edited by d0k3,
Reactions: tivu100

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't use rxTools for injection, or did you? Downgraded NANDs are somewhat special. I'd suggest you redownload the Universal Injector package (I did an update yesterday) and try again, but no guarantees, There shouldn't be any special problems with the banner version vs the non banner one.[/QUOTE]

Rxtools actually gave me an error when I attempted it using their files. That's why I tried this app. I managed to get FBI running, but it refused to install anything. (I can't remember the exact error, but it wasn't the one commonly associated with failed downgrades.) I'll test the new version tonight when I get home, I was using the gui version, but I'll just use the standard bat this time. Thanks for the assistance.

Really this isn't that big a deal to me, its not my system, but my spouses, and they can play cias on my o3ds just fine when they want, and we have physical copies for multiplayer. So if for any reason it "can't" work, I wouldn't mind. It would potentially be good research material though, so if you need a guinea pig, I'm game.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rxtools actually gave me an error when I attempted it using their files. That's why I tried this app. I managed to get FBI running, but it refused to install anything. (I can't remember the exact error, but it wasn't the one commonly associated with failed downgrades.) I'll test the new version tonight when I get home, I was using the gui version, but I'll just use the standard bat this time. Thanks for the assistance.

Really this isn't that big a deal to me, its not my system, but my spouses, and they can play cias on my o3ds just fine when they want, and we have physical copies for multiplayer. So if for any reason it "can't" work, I wouldn't mind. It would potentially be good research material though, so if you need a guinea pig, I'm game.
Wait, so I got that right... what hs.app are you using to generate the injectable app? The one that was previously injected by rxTools? If so, it's a pretty safe bet the messed up rxTools inject responsible. USe a backup of hs.app to generate the injectable. Or, if that is not possible, get informed about how to redownload a fitting (meaning same region, same FW, same console type) H&S app directly from Nintendo servers with 3DNUS.
Now I lost the original health and safety app forever ):
Well, how did that happen? You can get it back from Nintendo servers with 3DNUS, though. I just can't help with that.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so I got that right... what hs.app are you using to generate the injectable app? The one that was previously injected by rxTools? If so, it's a pretty safe bet the messed up rxTools inject responsible.

Oh, no no. Rxtools refused to install anything to the system. When it would normally say what region needed to inject, and which revision, it only have a region. No revision number. So nothing /should/ have been installed. I haven't touched sysnand's h&s, its the same as the one in Emunand should be. Should I dump sysnand's hs, patch it and inject it into emunand? (If not, i'll check out 3dnus)

(I'll also note that the two files I got from the bin were vastly different sizes than either of the two input files. The hs.app dumped something like 800kb, FBI is 700 or so. But the two files I received were both in the 300's (with banner being the slightly larger of the two) is this normal or a sign of something wrong? I'm on Windows 10 x64 if that matters

Last edited by deishido,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, no no. Rxtools refused to install anything to the system. When it would normally say what region needed to inject, and which revision, it only have a region. No revision number. So nothing /should/ have been installed. I haven't touched sysnand's h&s, its the same as the one in Emunand should be. Should I dump sysnand's hs, patch it and inject it into emunand? (If not, i'll check out 3dnus)

(I'll also note that the two files I got from the bin were vastly different sizes than either of the two input files. The hs.app dumped something like 800kb, FBI is 700 or so. But the two files I received were both in the 300's (with banner being the slightly larger of the two) is this normal or a sign of something wrong? I'm on Windows 10 x64 if that matters
Can be normal, but redownload from GitHub first to make sure. As long as you keep a backup of the original hs.app, you can always inject that back, so no worries.

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can be normal, but redownload from GitHub first to make sure. As long as you keep a backup of the original hs.app, you can always inject that back, so no worries.

Thanks for the help. Hard to find these days.

I'll test tonight and report back

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wait. The H&S original banner will come back after a few reboots.
I have a similar problem, on sysNAND (also have a NAND backup prior to editing that stuff), the icon is FBI's if my SD is inserted, default one otherwise. Should I do anything specific between reboots (and any idea of how many may be needed)?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a similar problem, on sysNAND (also have a NAND backup prior to editing that stuff), the icon is FBI's if my SD is inserted, default one otherwise. Should I do anything specific between reboots (and any idea of how many may be needed)?
@dark_samus3 we had a similar issue in the past... do you still remember what we did with it? And, @BDS , If you know how to do it (with NAND XORpad and 3DSFAT16Tool), I suggest you dump the Health & Safety app from your backup and inject it back, then try again from the start. Information on how to find Health & Safety is found here. Also, do you have more information? Tried anything with rxTools?

Last edited by d0k3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.