Homebrew "release" - Homebrew that generates all amiibos for emuiibo

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Existing version does get the job done but I also like having extra options.

Super curious about that UI idea. Sounds promising for more hb tools.

Please consider displaying the information which amiibos are already generated within the same list for "downloadable" as screenshot. (If not already implemented)

Reactions: Slluxx

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Allright. Ive tested the static html on the switchs browser and it seems like its just too damn old and limited to display my preferred UI framework (daisyUI). Half of the css is not working so i will revert back to Bootstrap. Wont look as good but will get the job done.

2023042517025600-EFFB08ECEF4EBC5640D908A23A7CAC96.jpg

As you can see, the table(s) on the left and under marios image are quite broken. A bummer but nothing too major.

Ive also spend some time on developing a communication between browser and backend, which works extremely well (the switchs browser would be the left window, the switchs backend the right one).

Right now it works by splitting the homebrew into 2 threads. One handles the "backend" (eg everything that has to be done in c++, like amiibo creation) and one thread will just show the browser. The backend thread connects to the websocket server and gets a unique UUID assigned. The switch will then open the browser with a certain url which includes the UUID that the backend got and also recieve a UUID on its own. The Browser and backend can now communicate over my websocket server. The idea is that you click a button on the browser and it sends a message to the backend to let it do something.

I would like to remove my external websocket server from the equation and use "backend thread" as the websocket server itself. That way, no internet connection is ever needed and i would not need to manage any kind of connection establishment. I know it should be possible but that needs some help from someone else who probably knows more about this than i do.

With this browser/backend method, you could theoretically also use homebrews (well, their UI) from your pc browser.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think will no "Leak" as far as the game:
1683766255927.png

as today there is no reference on amiiboapi, but the api has been updated to reference the supported amiibos on the Tears of The Kingdom

Last edited by impeeza,

rocknard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Slluxx Since emuiibo 1.0.0, the limit characters is set to 10 instead of previous 40 (on name from amiibo.json). It seems it will generate a "problem", since the amiibo.json api has more characters on "name" section.

What to do or expect?

Thanks.

Edit: Xortroll say it will only crop the names to display (i understood wrong).

Last edited by rocknard,
Reactions: impeeza

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Slluxx Since emuiibo 1.0.0, the limit characters is set to 10 instead of previous 40 (on name from amiibo.json). It seems it will generate a "problem", since the amiibo.json api has more characters on "name" section.

What to do or expect?

Thanks.

Edit: Xortroll say it will only crop the names to display (i understood wrong).
I have not generated amiibo in a long time, so you tell me.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, thank you for this nifty tool, i have installed emuiibo and used your generator to download all 800ish amiibo data, but in emuiibo it only shows about 12 or 13

rocknard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Slluxx No idea, sorry. i'm not a programmer.

Hello, thank you for this nifty tool, i have installed emuiibo and used your generator to download all 800ish amiibo data, but in emuiibo it only shows about 12 or 13
Possibly related to the "problem" i said about the characters reduction from 40 to 10. Xortroll told me you will see the names "cropped", not erased, but i don't know since i'm using a previous emuiibo without this "problem". Edit: if it's a folder, it's ok (i assumed other thing ?).

Last edited by rocknard,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you are only shown the first 25 folders of the generated series, you go into each series and subfolder (if there is) and you will find the amiibos.

do you really need the 839 amiibos at all time?

remember you can mark a amiibo as favorite and will be displayed on the first page.

Reactions: rocknard

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
@Slluxx No idea, sorry. i'm not a programmer.

Possibly related to the "problem" i said about the characters reduction from 40 to 10. Xortroll told me you will see the names "cropped", not erased, but i don't know since i'm using a previous emuiibo without this "problem". Edit: if it's a folder, it's ok (i assumed other thing ?).
Not sure what you're talking about bro :( but i have the view as sub folders, but even exploring all of them it shows like 70 total

rocknard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure what you're talking about bro :( but i have the view as sub folders, but even exploring all of them it shows like 70 total

Well, it's more a "problem" related to emuiibo than "AmiiboGenerator":

"Now virtual amiibos with names longer than 10 characters are ignored and considered as invalid. Due to certain technical reasons (and Nintendo being too inconsistent with its formats) I originally thought the limit was at 40, but in certain contexts (like system settings) where the 10-char limit is imposed, existing virtual amiibos with longer names tend to cause weird/unexpected behavior"

https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo/releases

Maybe it's your problem. Maybe instead of cropping the names (if names on amiibo.json exceeded the new limit of 10 characters) and show them, emuiibo doesn't show them (unintended behaviour ?).

Try changing the name on a amiibo.json from some amiibo you want.

Open a amiibo.json and change the "name" to no exceed the 10 characters (amiibo "Link - Twilight Princess" from the folder Legend Of Zelda):

Code:
  "name": "Link - Twilight Princess",

to

Code:
  "name": "Link TWP",

P.S.: Try this pre release (05-05-23) before the v1.0.0 official and check if you can see all of them. I can see all of them on my fw 15.0.1

Attachments

• emuiibo v1.0.0 dev build discord (05-05-23).zip
    662.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2023051401213200-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    2023051401213200-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by rocknard,
  • Love
Reactions: YuseiFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.