Last edited by BurningDesire,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just pushed beta 118 out to the online updater:

Added banners to HANS shortcuts. They need to be exactly the same format as homebrew app banners. Name them as per the following example:
/gridlauncher/folders/Games/mvdk.xml
/gridlauncher/folders/Games/mvdk-banner.png

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be really useful for people that want to make themes for the launcher, for example
That's what I thought too. Right now all that's there is a template. I'll have to merge stuff already written to the wiki. In README.md in the official repo root there will most likely be a link or big bold text to link to the wiki tab. What's really nice about wikis is that there are individual files for everything. For example, FAQ.md, Home.md, and Contributing.md all in one place (Something @mashers wanted to do earlier).
You can use any part of the guides I made for all the custom themes elements on the custom theme thread. :)
Awesome!

If anyone at all wants to contribute, simply clone the "repository version" and change whatever you like. I'll merge it back onto the official one.
EDIT: Open an issue first so I know what you are working on!!

Last edited by RedHat,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@RedHat
I agree, the FAQ needs to be centralised where it can be contributed to by others as the launcher expands.

I've just pushed out another quick update. Titles can now display banners too. The launcher will automatically create a folder for them (/gridlauncher/titlebanners/). To help with creating the banner for the titles, the boot options screen now shows the title ID. So heres how you create the app banner:
  1. Press SELECT on the title to bring up the boot options menu and make a note of the title ID
  2. Create the banner in the same format as homebrew app banners
  3. Name the file titleid-banner.png (where titleid is the id shown on the boot options menu)
  4. Place the file in /gridlauncher/titlebanners/
This does not yet work for the cart on the main grid as it does not have the title ID stored.

Reactions: klear
D

Deleted-236924

Is it possible to read the banner in exefs? then we don‘t need to create custom banners for titles.
Could be feasible, but neobrain would probably have to help unless they made the source code for braindump available.
(Unless someone else knows how to read exefs from a title from userland and could also help.)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RedHat
I agree, the FAQ needs to be centralised where it can be contributed to by others as the launcher expands.

I've just pushed out another quick update. Titles can now display banners too. The launcher will automatically create a folder for them (/gridlauncher/titlebanners/). To help with creating the banner for the titles, the boot options screen now shows the title ID. So heres how you create the app banner:
  1. Press SELECT on the title to bring up the boot options menu and make a note of the title ID
  2. Create the banner in the same format as homebrew app banners
  3. Name the file titleid-banner.png (where titleid is the id shown on the boot options menu)
  4. Place the file in /gridlauncher/titlebanners/
This does not yet work for the cart on the main grid as it does not have the title ID stored.
It won't work. I named my banner the titleid exactly seen on the top screen. Yes, it is in the titlebanners folder.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All - please do NOT update to the latest version in the online updater. I accidentally pushed out a version which will hang on startup. I'm working on this right now.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All - please do NOT update to the latest version in the online updater. I accidentally pushed out a version which will hang on startup. I'm working on this right now.
oh goodie, now I have to unscrew the back of my system. heh.

guess it's time to block updates! tell me when you want it back.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh goodie, now I have to unscrew the back of my system. heh.

guess it's time to block updates! tell me when you want it back.
Sorry mate. I'm about to push out another update - I hope! The problem was that my local repo got out of sync with the main branch so I couldn't push the fix for cart changing. I stupidly did a pull, which merged in the commits which caused the launcher to hang (for me). I didn't realise this before I did a push :glare: So, I had to revert the commits then force a push. I'm just testing this now.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry mate. I'm about to push out another update - I hope! The problem was that my local repo got out of sync with the main branch so I couldn't push the fix for cart changing. I stupidly did a pull, which merged in the commits which caused the launcher to hang (for me). I didn't realise this before I did a push :glare: So, I had to revert the commits then force a push. I'm just testing this now.
make sure it works before I re-enable the server >,>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I got free every channel so that's awesome lol +1