Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
  • The Select boot method menu and the Add hans.3dsx and hans.xml in gridlauncher/hans/ menu have to use the topinfo.png and the bottomnongrid.png.
Good point. I'll change that tomorrow.

About Hans selector in Title Launcher:
  1. Opening the title launcher (bottom left)
  2. Holding touch on a title.
  3. Select boot method menu shows up.
  4. Touching Cancel button once (the button focus goes to Cancel)
  5. Touching Cancel button once more (the button focus goes back to HANS)
  6. Touching Cancel button once again (the button focus goes to Cancel)
  7. Touching Cancel button one more time (it closes the menu)
Oh actually I fixed that in this commit:

https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu/commit/f6063e2767f495e820af59461aa245bf49731e1b

I will include it in the next beta, but you can also just download boot1.3dsx from GitHub if you want it now.

I could recommend adding topinfo.png and the bottomnongrid.png to the no sd detected and netloader (access by pressing x) screens too. Thanks for the great updates @mashers :lol:
Oh yeah, I forgot to change that :) I'll do it tomorrow.

Vers minor graphical annoyance, but when an option is "checked", the lower left corner of that icon isn't rounded.
Can't believe I didn't notice that! I'll change it tomorrow :)

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just because Nintendo puts impracticality on their home menu doesn't mean Mashers should on his.
Agreed!... I think is not necessary to implement many (or more) trivial trimmings to this HBL. More of the times, doing that finally carries with unexpected/undesirable effects too.

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Since lcd service is available on hax2.5, maybe lightness control is also possible?

Probably, but nobody has written what other commands gsp::Lcd provides.

http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/GSP_Services

You can poke LCD registers directly, but it's not really an exact science that would match brightness values, like the home menu, unless someone took the time to find the exact values it uses.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The new booting trick only works if the touch screen is used? I tried holding the A button but it started up HANS right away.
Yes for not it only works with the touch screen, but I do intend to add A button long press recognition for the same purpose.

Maybe using the Select botton would be better.
Hmm I didn't think of that. It would be much easier to implement. What do others think of this?

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes for not it only works with the touch screen, but I do intend to add A button long press recognition for the same purpose.

Hmm I didn't think of that. It would be much easier to implement. What do others think of this?

I'd say that using the "SELECT" button to SELECT between RegionFOUR and HANS title booting is the better way to make the SELECTION rather then using the "A" button, witch is already used to select the applications.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say that using the "SELECT" button to SELECT between RegionFOUR and HANS title booting is the better way to make the SELECTION rather then using the "A" button, witch is already used to select the applications.
Now you put it like that, it makes perfect sense. I've changed it in the GH version so that SELECT is used instead of long press to bring up the boot options menu. This will be included in the next beta.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad my non-existent humour was put to good use!
Actually I didn't realise that was an attempt at humour, but then I usually can't detect it anyway ;)

Important note about bug reports and feature requests

It is just too difficult to track what needs to be done by reading this thread now. GitHub provides a really nice interface for logging bug reports and enhancement requests, so I respectfully request that all such requests are now made on the following page:

https://github.com/mashers/3ds_hb_menu/issues

If reports/requests are made here in the thread, there is a distinct possibility that I won't see them. It's also really hard to go back through the recent pages and double check I've done everything which has been requested. If you don't have a GitHub account and don't want to sign up for one just to make a quick suggestion, please PM me your request and I'll log it for you. However, if you have multiple requests please consider signing up to GitHub and logging them there for me as logging lots of requests will take time which would be better spent fixing the things you are reporting ;)

Thanks for understanding!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1