Homebrew [Release] Hermes for 3DS - Retroguru Team

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I's not a bug, but it's how the game engine works. If you start the level with the left direction pressed the character doesn't move, you have to release the key and press it again. But if you don't move, the chicken doesn't escape, it's designed this way. I noticed it when played the game the first times, but when you get used to it, doesn't seem a problem.

Anyway I'll this discuss this with the game engine coder to eavueta if it's something to change or to leave as is.
Ah, I see. That's exactly what it does. If that's the way it was designed then that's cool, I just didn't know if it was meant to do that.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. I only noticed it because on games like Super Mario Bros I always hold down right on the D-pad before the level starts. You don't have to go changing anything just for me. :P

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Released a small update: it's a fix to the highscore resetting code. No need to update the game if you already installed.

Soon will be printed pyisical copies of the game for the Dreamcast and we want them to be perfect, so please, if you foud sone bugs/defects ot things that can be done better in the game, let us know and we will fix them.

Last edited by nop90,
Reactions: Kojote

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just tried the .3dsx on both my 11.5 b9s'd n3ds and o3dsxl with Luma 8.1. I just get a black screen & then it exits. Anything I can do to help figure it out?

On my o3ds and n3ds, both with a9hl and FW 11.3, it works. I have some reports of SDL homebrews not working on latest luma or newer FW, and others of perfectly working.

Here is a 3dsx version built with latest sdl lib and with screen resizing that I'm testing. I don't think there will be any differencies, but sice I changed the priority of the video thread, who can say.

Please try it and let me know. I'll delete it tomorrow casuse Retroguru team wants that files are only on their sites (anyway I'm going to publish this version next week after finishing the testing).

Please try the cia version too.

EDIT: attached file deleted. The package on the Retroguru site is now updated

Last edited by nop90,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because we don't have a 3ds dev unit. :)

Kojote asked me to buy a Switch dev unit, but there are too many family expenses at the moment.
with a game looking as nice as this (and other games) it feels like crowdfunding for the required tools might be a reasonable option somewhere down the road

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
with a game looking as nice as this (and other games) it feels like crowdfunding for the required tools might be a reasonable option somewhere down the road
I should check for an used 3ds dev unity. Found several used test unit (Panda) but they can't be used to submit a game on eshop

nop90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OFW or CFW?
Whatever you can. And if possible test both CIA and 3dsx.

Probably soon I'll upgrade my small size o3ds to a9h then I'll update to latest FW so to be able to test homebrews with this configuration, but have to find time to study the upgrade process first.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Whatever you can. And if possible test both CIA and 3dsx.

Probably soon I'll upgrade my small size o3ds to a9h then I'll update to latest FW so to be able to test homebrews with this configuration, but have to find time to study the upgrade process first.
I'll test .3dsx with my O3DS when I get home, I'll try .cia too but last time I did it never worked so I just got stuck with .3dsx :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1