Homebrew Official [RELEASE][HBL] CHIP8 Emulator

Shuold I add a function to make it slower from settings?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I have it on my retropie arcade, loved building that thing, Il take pics soon. I have a neo geo cd, couldnt go down the cartridge route, damn expensive.

im struggling with final burn alpha roms .. well to find the right romset tbh... then the cabinet build begins... im so impressed with retropie so far... not had much look with dreamcast though.. totally off topic :)

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
im struggling with final burn alpha roms .. well to find the right romset tbh... then the cabinet build begins... im so impressed with retropie so far... not had much look with dreamcast though.. totally off topic :)
you can get a neo geo bios collection, theres a fair few. psx emu works amazing on pi2.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
you can get a neo geo bios collection, theres a fair few. psx emu works amazing on pi2.

yeah i need the FBA roms first off lol... i have seen plenty of bios'es at emuparadise , i only have the one rom (crash banicoot) in psx so far to test it.. im on pi3 so im hoping the dreamcast and n64 etc runs better..

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i don't see interesting games for chip8 on google
You have lot of clones: space invaders clone, pacman clone, asteroids clone, etc.
it's really awesome !!! :D

i'm kidding
it would be good to see a pc-98 emulator to play touhou on wii u ^^
Are you talking about this?!? https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEC_PC-9801
If yes, well, some time ago I was working on an 8086 cpu emulator for WiiU sooo...

Anyway I don't think I would be able to go further the first model, but the first one is OK

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have lot of clones: space invaders clone, pacman clone, asteroids clone, etc.

Are you talking about this?!? https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEC_PC-9801
If yes, well, some time ago I was working on an 8086 cpu emulator for WiiU sooo...
yes i talk about it,if you make it i would be really happy
if you make it i could make a translation with my french translation team

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok @rw-r-r_0644 i have added this to wiiubru.com however i seemed to struggle hosting elf loader apps for some reason , firstly could this be an mp4 ? i havent tried to see if it works yet but it also hosts several roms to try should it work lol.

roms hosted :
WIPEOFF / VERS / VBRIX / UFO / TICTAC / TETRIS / TANK / SYZYGY / PUZZLE / PONG2 / PONG / MISSILE / MERLIN / MAZE / KALEID / INVADERS / HIDDEN / GUESS / CONNECT4 / BRIX / BLITZ / BLINKY / 15PUZZLE
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to get it under 20k. I reduced it to the only strictly needed code but it's still 88kb.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to get it under 20k. I reduced it to the only strictly needed code but it's still 88kb.

no problem , its given me more reason to fix the elf loading facility on my server... i just couldnt get the asteriods elf to work , but as i had an mp4 i didnt get carried away in trying..

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no problem , its given me more reason to fix the elf loading facility on my server... i just couldnt get the asteriods elf to work , but as i had an mp4 i didnt get carried away in trying..
If you want I can send you my chip8 folder zipped that *should* work

EDIT:Just a sec..

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah thanks..
Here: https://dropfile.to/lG0XocJ
I copyed your roms inside and renamed them in downcase without numbers because the keyboard of the emulators doesn't have uppercase and numbers.
Also there's another explanation of why elf files may not be working: the elf loader code looks for the "payload" string in the url so to make elf files work you should probably move them to /55/payload/(homebrew name)/
Hope it helps :)

kataclysmicmind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here: https://dropfile.to/lG0XocJ
I copyed your roms inside and renamed in downcase without numbers because the keyboard of the emulators doesn't have uppercase and numbers.
Also there's another explanation of why it may not be working: the elf loader code looks for the "payload" string in the url so to make elf files work you shoul probably moove them to /55/payload/ (creating the payload folder). Hope it helps :)
Nice work :) as always size limit will be an issue but will have fun playing around with it so thank you

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome stuff. I was actually thinking of making one of these myself for a while - glad someone beat me to it ;D

It's worth noting that if you don't like my shoddy-ass rom download system there's an incredibly useful tool in devKitPro called xxd that can convert binaries to C header files which you can just compile in. I think the command is xxd -i yourbinary.bin header.h.

Anyway, great to see people still programming stuff for browserhax :3

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome stuff. I was actually thinking of making one of these myself for a while - glad someone beat me to it ;D

It's worth noting that if you don't like my shoddy-ass rom download system there's an incredibly useful tool in devKitPro called xxd that can convert binaries to C header files which you can just compile in. I think the command is xxd -i yourbinary.bin header.h.

Anyway, great to see people still programming stuff for browserhax :3
Thank you for the nice comment :)
I wasn't knowing that xxd existed and for the initial tests I created a .net program to convert roms to char arrays but I think I will continue using your download code because I get smallest payloads and a more easy-to-use emulator :)

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the rome need have a.XXX? or just the name of the rom?
They will both work. I normally use the .rom extension but I don't se why it shouldn't work. The only important thing is not inserting uppercase characters or numbers as the really basic keyboard included doesn't have them
First 5.5 Emu! Awesome!
It actually isn't the first; there already was LiteNESU, a NES emulator from QuarkTheAwesome also made to work in 5.5 userspace

Reactions: victormr21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: