Homebrew [Release] GYTB: Custom badges made really, really, simple.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anywhere to download/request PNG files of the official badges? Would that count as piracy, as dumb as that is?

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So anyways, I fixed the compile issue with git ctrulib and added a feature to just dump badges without injecting them back. That way it can be used to dump badges without implications, if you're playing 100% legit.

Changes are a bit messy, but MrCheeze hasn't made any changes since Feb 12 and also hasn't responded to a few issues (one of which is this ctrulib issue.) I uploaded a release to github if anyone cares. I recommend compiling it yourself, though. https://github.com/chaoskagami/GYTB

MajorMajora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help! I can't get rid of custom badges. Everytime I open Badge Arcade I get an error message telling me to turn my 3DS off.

MaiconErick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sometimes when I reboot, the first and maybe the second badges I have (one who links to Activity Log or System Settings) just disappears. :>
I'm using this for some months now. :>

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Need help! I can't get rid of custom badges. Everytime I open Badge Arcade I get an error message telling me to turn my 3DS off.

to get rid just delete all pngs from sd and run the tool
or dumo badge extdata and replace with nuulbytes and reinject

@GreenStone99 - I don't think he was asking how to delete PNGs, and dumping and zeroing out extdata is not a valid fix.

Anyways, do you mean the black 'Error has occured' message? That usually only happens when something has gone severely wrong (it's basically a kernel panic/bsod.) Check your CFW. I'm not sure what implications it has, but you can also nuke the badge extdata with GYTB. L+R+X+Y while you're starting it. I'm pretty sure this removes your badge arcade badges though, so I'd make a dump of all your extdata with JKSM first.

MajorMajora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GreenStone99 - I don't think he was asking how to delete PNGs, and dumping and zeroing out extdata is not a valid fix.

Anyways, do you mean the black 'Error has occured' message? That usually only happens when something has gone severely wrong (it's basically a kernel panic/bsod.) Check your CFW. I'm not sure what implications it has, but you can also nuke the badge extdata with GYTB. L+R+X+Y while you're starting it. I'm pretty sure this removes your badge arcade badges though, so I'd make a dump of all your extdata with JKSM first.
Yea, how do I backup my extdata with JKSM?

Reactions: chaoskagami

Suicuark

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hi. First thx for that tool its awesome. I used to inject official badges with it. Just a little request if you have time it would be great if we can use badges that launch titles like mii maker

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi. First thx for that tool its awesome. I used to inject official badges with it. Just a little request if you have time it would be great if we can use badges that launch titles like mii maker
Easy. Just name the badge like so:

Code:
BADGENAME.TITLEIDOFSYSTEMAPP.png

And then reimport your badges (rerun the tool).

D

Deleted User

Okay Thx Guys will try this out when i'll can.
Here's an example, if you still have doubts.
eazXKI4.png

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx, also if is it possible to do with normal titles? (not system ones)
If you want to change the icon normal titles have on your home menu, just decrypt exefs, change the icon file and recompile the CIA (that's a whole different story, and TBH, kinda difficult to explain here).

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder if there's any way the program can detect empty bits of PNGs and not turn those into badges. Rotom pokedex 3x3 omranding .png for example this one has two squares top right and top left. not that big a deal though.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch