Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY 4.0 BETA (Private Beta Program)

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is what I want but just because I have a high rank here next to my name does not make me an expert and the guide, wow looks complicated to me! I have looked and studied but I'm really not confident enough going through with it, I don't think.
I hope I didn't come off as offensive, as I was more or less making a joke on what Gateway calls their A9LH method. Nothing more.

Plailect's guide looks complicated, but it's not really. there's a lot of steps yes, it's mostly to be safe from accidental bricks.

Anyways what ihaveamac said, just a lot of safety steps. It handholds you through the whole process.

Anyways. good luck with whatever you decide to do~ ^_^

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope I didn't come off as offensive, as I was more or less making a joke on what Gateway calls their A9LH method. Nothing more.

Anyways what ihaveamac said, just a lot of safety steps. It handholds you through the whole process.

Anyways. good luck with whatever you decide to do~ ^_^
No not at all! I was just saying the guide looked very complicated to me and I didn't want you to think I was an expert on this because of the badge next to my name and me saying I thought it was complicated you might of thought some expert he is :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Plailect's guide looks complicated, but it's not really. there's a lot of steps yes, it's mostly to be safe from accidental bricks.
Are you sure then if I follow this guide I will be OK. Thanks for the link, I red up very interesting.

I have emunand set up on the latest Firmware and there not connected either I did a format on systemnand to disconnect them both because of the internet setup part so there not mirrored if I follow the guide from this point>https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade) but use GW's arm9loaderhax.bin on the A9LH part instead of the full installer screeninit version? is that correct.

Last edited by Reecey,

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT SKIP -->ANYTHING<-- (and I mean anything! Even the TWL part you won't want to skip)
READ THE GUIDE ALL THE WAY THROUGH.
START A NEW THREAD IF YOU HAVE TO. EVERYONE HAS.
BACKUP YOUR NANDS AND MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SD CARD TO YOUR PC BEFORE YOU EVEN START.
DO NOT PANIC. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, STOP. POST FOR HELP. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE A RESPONSE.
HAVE A PAPER AND PENCIL READY TO WRITE ANYTHING DOWN.
iHAVEAMAC IS YOUR FRIEND. KYOJIN IS ALSO EXTREMELY HELPFUL. CERISE WILL HELP YOU WITH GATEWAY ONCE YOU DO PLAILEC GUIDE.
THE EASY WAY IS THE HARD WAY.
THE HARD WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY.
TAKE YOUR TIME AND ASK FOR HELP.

Don't go starting halfway through. Try going for a fresh install of A9LH CFW/Luma3DS and then worry about your backups.

You won't regret it.

And again, if anything happens, stop, post, wait. This is hard even for the pros. So don't go Superman on it. It's a good weekend project. So go get your energy drinks and snacks ready.

You will end up with a really awesome load time into Lum3DS which you can use your BlueCart, DSTwo, R4i, etc. on. Then when you want to use RedCart, reboot and hold down and Gateway Menu will boot. It's awesome. Then once you have it all setup, work on restoring your backed up emuNAND.

The guide will even walk you through backing up NANDs along the way, but it doesn't hurt to back everything up before you even start.

Last edited by Osmosis,

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes it will put you back on 4.x if that's what your dump contains.

you might then want to go to 9.2 sysnand: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

then use SafeA9LHInstaller: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases

get data_input.zip and payload_input from https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) - merge the two folders so you have one "a9lh" folder at the root. put your otp.bin in "a9lh" and use SafeA9LHInstaller.

It's been a long road so far.
I did everything according to that first link guide, and I accidentally used new 3ds files to update.

Today I got a day off from work and wired everything and flashed using hardware the old nand dump I had here.
I was back at 4.5 firmware and updated to 9.2 FINALLY!

Now I just need some help with the next step, I can't find that payload_input you are referring to.
Where can I get it?

My main goal here is to be able to have gateway payload and some CFW dual booting.
By the way, which one is the best CFW for DSi games? RxTool, Luma?

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GATEWAY 4.1B PRIVATE BETA Release
Posted on August 1, 2016

We’ve had a tremendous amount of feedback once again after the Public Beta 4.0 release. Suffice to say, we have worked hard on incooperating this feedback and bugreports and today we are happy to release another minor update that should further improve stability and reliability of our new GATEWAY FASTBOOT feature.

Without further ado, here’s a small changelog:
– Fixed >9.2 down to 9.2 GATEWAY TIME MACHINE issue for N3DS
– Fixed WiFi issue for GATEWAY TIME MACHINE on O3DS
– Fixed auto rename of Nintendo 3DS folder when downgrading to 2.x for N3DS
Repacked N3DS & O3DS US GATEWAY TIME MACHINE data pack
– Amended N3DS install procedure to cater to >9.2 system versions
+ Menu lockout implemented

The new Menu Lockout feature requires some further explanation: You’re all used to being able to get into the GATEWAY menu by holding down the [L] button during boot (or booting without a GATEWAY 3DS cart inserted).

From now on, any system installed with GATEWAY FASTBOOT (formerly known as `A9LH’) will require holding down L+select in order to get to the GATEWAY menu. This is to prevent the younger users of our system from accidentically triggering unintended actions from the GATEWAY menu. (Think of format emunand and such)

People who *dont* use GATEWAY FASTBOOT can still enter the menu by holding down [L], of course.

There was a minor error in the TIME MACHINE pack for the USA region which has been corrected, so please re-grab this pack if it affects your console’s region and you are planning on installing GATEWAY FASTBOOT. (This does not effect previous users who have already used the old data packs)

If you think this is all we’ve been up to lately.. we’re happy to let you know you are wrong!
icon_smile.gif

We have something very exciting coming, but as always; good things take time. Remember that we’re yet to let down our loyal customer base.. even though the 3DS is a pretty dated system by now. We were here from the start, and we’ll be here till the very end. Keep checking this space!

And as always, ENJOY!

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: No linking to GW website -rp

SOLSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hellio i have a gateway and latest version emunand which works perfectly fine.however i read that some later games,.cia especially requires this a0lh thing.i downloded the beta package you provide on the website,but i'm a bit confused.the readme just tell you how to install from scratch on either an 03ds or n3ds.i have a 3dsxl and as i isaid i already have emunand working perfectly,and also games works nice.so what do i have to do to install this a9lh?if i boot into gateway menu,and choose to install gw fastbot installer i get a fatal error could not read otp(are you on 2.x)?
any help is greatly appreciated

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hellio i have a gateway and latest version emunand which works perfectly fine.however i read that some later games,.cia especially requires this a0lh thing.i downloded the beta package you provide on the website,but i'm a bit confused.the readme just tell you how to install from scratch on either an 03ds or n3ds.i have a 3dsxl and as i isaid i already have emunand working perfectly,and also games works nice.so what do i have to do to install this a9lh?if i boot into gateway menu,and choose to install gw fastbot installer i get a fatal error could not read otp(are you on 2.x)?
any help is greatly appreciated

Dont use the Gateway fastboot (a9lh) method)!! It has a very high chance of bricking your 3DS.

Also there are no .cia games that only work with a9lh.

If you however want to install a9lh use this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki . And use Gateways armloaderhax.bin

Last edited by Binebina87,
Reactions: myki

rodrigoaz8c34s1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i remove A9LH fast boot? I have the nand.bin and the otp.bin. I tried to go back with downgrade option in the GW menu, but i get the message "your console is not supported yet". My sysNAND is O3DS 4.1.0-8U

Last edited by rodrigoaz8c34s1,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the nand.bin file can be flashed via the gateway menu though I forget how to access it via the 4.x beta...

OK you hold L and select to access the menu and then you can use the nand restore by holding up and selecting downgrade

Reactions: rodrigoaz8c34s1

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Osmosis

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: medoli900

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...