Hacking [release] FunKiiU 2.0 - complete content + ticket python tool

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing improvements, I absolutely love this app! I just have one request that MIGHT not be possible. But it'd be useful if it can display the file size for each game. It's hard to predict how big anything is. The Xenoblade Chronicles X DLC ended up being 10 GB!!
@MattKimura I added an option to get the download size of individual titles BEFORE you download. I basically stole a bunch of existing code from FunKiiU, copy/pasted, and hacked it all together in my application to make it work. If it can download a tmd for the title then it should get a download size. I need a few people to test it out and make sure it works on the majority of titles listed. If it works out I will try to add an option to calculate the entire download list. For now can some people report back either here or in my thread if it is or isn't working please?

download test.py here http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qsh5vagexu5128/test.py, put it in your FunKiiU directory and run it instead of gui.py
Choose a title and click the calculate size button before adding it to the list.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MattKimura I added an option to get the download size of individual titles BEFORE you download. I basically stole a bunch of existing code from FunKiiU, copy/pasted, and hacked it all together in my application to make it work. If it can download a tmd for the title then it should get a download size. I need a few people to test it out and make sure it works on the majority of titles listed. If it works out I will try to add an option to calculate the entire download list. For now can some people report back either here or in my thread if it is or isn't working please?

download test.py here http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qsh5vagexu5128/test.py, put it in your FunKiiU directory and run it instead of gui.py
Choose a title and click the calculate size button before adding it to the list.
VERY happy with this feature! It's so handy to be able to see how big something is to plan ahead. This confirms that Xenoblade Chronicles X USA DLC is 10 GB!! It calculates the size for pretty much everything correctly. But Xenoblade Chronicles X EUR is 6 GB for some odd reason. It even gave me the size for Metroid Prime trilogy, something I've been wondering about lately, which is 7.52 GB. It even shows the size of DLC and updates which is also useful! Overall this works great and I'm glad you implemented it!

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: dojafoja

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has the program got corrupt since the key site changed into separate columns?. I cannot get anything to install now it mentions about key and tickets being wrong?

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Has the program got corrupt since the key site changed into separate columns?. I cannot get anything to install now it mentions about key and tickets being wrong?
Just did a quick test and it appears to be working fine on my end. Both with the command line and with my GUI

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just did a quick test and it appears to be working fine on my end. Both with the command line and with my GUI
I have found out whats the problem, I have got my Inspector Morse Glasses on and got to the bottom of the case! Yes, whats happening is I think when they changed "the key site" around and you then you use Funkii gui to download multiple folders in the list, say you choose two dlcs to download in the list, it gets the keys mixed up with each folder, one key goes in the other and the other key goes in the other folder, if you download them separately and delete the install folder every time, fresh then they download ok and install ok. That's the issue I noticed last night I downloaded Pikmin 3 & COD Ghosts dlc's at the same time in the list and the keys where in the wrong folders but when I downloaded them again separately they where fine.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: dojafoja

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found out whats the problem, I have got my Inspector Morse Glasses on and got to the bottom of the case! Yes, whats happening is I think when they changed "the key site" around and you then you use Funkii gui to download multiple folders in the list, say you choose two dlcs to download in the list, it gets the keys mixed up with each folder, one key goes in the other and the other key goes in the other folder, if you download them separately and delete the install folder every time, fresh then they download ok and install ok. That's the issue I noticed last night I downloaded Pikmin 3 & COD Ghosts dlc's at the same time in the list and the keys where in the wrong folders but when I downloaded them again separately they where fine.
Thanks for reporting. I will check that out for sure.
Edit: I just looked at it and the weird thing is that if you clicked on the online keys button, I don't even pass any keys to FunKiiU. It gets them directly from the key site, more specifically, from a json file that is downloaded from the key site. I know it's a pain in the ass but if you are able to, could you try to reproduce the issue with the command line version? I really don't see it being an issue with the gui since all I do is pass a list of titles to FunKiiU and set the onlinekeys argument to True. If it is indeed a problem with the way FunKiiU handles it then I could almost certainly write a workaround in the gui but they should know if it's handing it wrong so they can fix it. If it somehow is exclusive to the gui then I will probe deeper but it doesn't seem possible, then again its early and I'm barely drinking my coffee.

Edit again: I quickly checked with a print statement and I'm definitely passing in the list of titles correctly with multiple items in the download list.

Last edited by dojafoja,

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got the Minecraft DLC to work on SysNand or RedNAND?
It shows no content for me. I thought it was conflicting with my purchased DLC, so I tried installing the full game, update, DLC from another region. The DLC does not work on it either. Supose I could make an AOCpatcher that enables it, but I thought I'd ask first.
@cearp

HeroKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking on the site, i notice virtual console games don't have tickets. would they still be allowed to install with a self generated ticket, or would that have to be patched for rednand?

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking on the site, i notice virtual console games don't have tickets. would they still be allowed to install with a self generated ticket, or would that have to be patched for rednand?
You will have to have signature patching in order to pirate VC games.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang, looks like that won't work then. using the websploit on 5.5.1, and was hoping to try out that VC Creator
Why? Just compile dimok's iosuhax with the cfw argument. Then you'll have signature patching without the entire redNAND setup.

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Why? Just compile dimok's iosuhax with the cfw argument. Then you'll have signature patching without the entire redNAND setup.
If you did this method, are the games visible from the home screen before switching to the cfw? Do they just not start until you load the cfw or how does that work? I've been patiently waiting for a true cfw to come. Might have to give this a go..

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did this method, are the games visible from the home screen before switching to the cfw? Do they just not start until you load the cfw or how does that work? I've been patiently waiting for a true cfw to come. Might have to give this a go..
Yes, all games will be visible when starting up the console without sigpatches, but trying to start up eShop and VC games will make the Wii U say that the NNID the content belongs to has been removed from the console. Trying to startup a game with illegitimate DLC will cause the Wii U to say that the downloadable content is corrupt and needs to be removed before you can start the game again.

Running the fw.img again causes the messages to go away though, and everything will work as intended.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
A new version of the Gui is available now:

v2.1.2:
Add self updating size info database
Show title size instantly
Show total download size
Add filter by online ticket availability
Remove items from download list after download
Makes calls directly to FunKiiU's process_title_id() instead of main so I have better control.
Many other fixes and behind the scene improvements.

Update from within your app or grab the latest here: https://github.com/dojafoja/FunKii-UI/releases/latest

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
A new version of the Gui is available now:

v2.1.2:
Add self updating size info database
Show title size instantly
Show total download size
Add filter by online ticket availability
Remove items from download list after download
Makes calls directly to FunKiiU's process_title_id() instead of main so I have better control.
Many other fixes and behind the scene improvements.

Update from within your app or grab the latest here: https://github.com/dojafoja/FunKii-UI/releases/latest

I BROKE AUTOCOMPLETE THERE IS A NEW VERSION 2.1.3 THAT WORKS NOW

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea why Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story and other VC games are unavailable in the EUR Region? I owned Super Mario 64 on my old Wii U but my NNID is still linked to that system after I system restored, then sold it. (Too lazy to call Nintendo, plus the same NNID is banned on my 3DS so they'd probably make some sort of excuse due to that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: