cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can this tool be used to parse how big the content for a given Title ID will be before downloading?
yes it displays how much space it will take up before downloading, and for now you can just cancel (as most other command line apps) with ctrl+c, if you think the game is too big.

but i don't want it to be interactive.
i don't want it to say 'Are you sure you want to download ABCgame of 10.3GB?" or, "What game do you want to download?", or... etc etc
i just want it to work.
i could make that optional... but, then i could add so much optional stuff for everyone, and that is when the code starts to get messy and harder to maintain.
it's a small project, but i think it is still good to have a 'vision', and know what you don't want to include.
you understand what i mean?

i might even change my mind :D but i don't think so.

Last edited by cearp,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it displays how much space it will take up before downloading

Is it this part of the script? "-File in disk is 141091." (That's what it says for the latest Smash Bros update.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this number means, since it doesn't give any sort of format. (KB, MB, GB, etc.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I just now saw where it said the total size in GBs. It's a little hard to spot since it kind of just flashes by when starting the download.

Could you make it so the total size still shows up when using the simulate flag? That way I don't have to actually start the download to see the total size.

Last edited by Irastris,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is it this part of the script? "-File in disk is 141091." (That's what it says for the latest Smash Bros update.)

Unfortunately, I have no idea what this number means, since it doesn't give any sort of format. (KB, MB, GB, etc.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I just now saw where it said the total size in GBs. It's a little hard to spot since it kind of just flashes by when starting the download.

Could you make it so the total size still shows up when using the simulate flag? That way I don't have to actually start the download to see the total size.
ok it's possible to do it, but it would require downloading the metadata, and at the moment simulate downloads nothing.
but sure, it's a nice idea, i'll keep that in mind to add.

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What were you looking for? I might be able to help you out through PM.
I was starting to download the EUR VC library and found out that quite a lot games are missing titlekeys, so I guess you cant help me unless you have purchased every european VC game, which seems unlikely. ^^

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was starting to download the EUR VC library and found out that quite a lot games are missing titlekeys, so I guess you cant help me unless you have purchased every european VC game, which seems unlikely. ^^
Ah, alright. Wish you luck on your conquest, then!

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If i understand correctly, any game/dlc/update/vc i download with this tool will be ready to install into my usb using wupinstaller without anything else? like rednand or some other thing? cause so far iv downloaded like 7 games and iv been able to install them just fine on my usb but i havent downloaded any dlc/update/vc game yet cause i dont know if i had to do something extra to make em work and as i understand i cant install vc or dlc to my sysnand cause i could brick my wii u, please clarify this for me

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea why update naming might not be working correctly for me? DLC and games are fine.

Code:
0005000c1010ed00 _ EUR _ MARIO KART 8 _ DLC
0005000e1010f600 _ Update
0005000e1014e100 _ Update

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Any idea why update naming might not be working correctly for me? DLC and games are fine.

Code:
0005000c1010ed00 _ EUR _ MARIO KART 8 _ DLC
0005000e1010f600 _ Update
0005000e1014e100 _ Update
yeah i skip getting the names for updates, it was just easier to program it that way, to fix a bug.
i aim to get the names, if they exist on the titlekeysite :)

Reactions: dojafoja

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
New version of the GUI v2.1 is available:
Add filter by content type (No more messy selection menu)
Fix selection menu hopefully for good.
Fix blank entries in download list when entering title id manually.
Entering title id manually will try to get name from json first, then from combobox, then fall back to using title id if it is blank (No more blank entries)
Changed download list to display '**' if a key was provided.
Notify users of updates inside the application on the welcome screen
Remove the widgets to enter *that key site
if already correct on the welcome screen
Better versioning comparison
Many other enhancements

Update inside the app in the update tab or get the latest from https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-simple-gui-for-funkiiu-funkii-ui.446853/

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version of the GUI v2.1 is available:
Add filter by content type (No more messy selection menu)
Fix selection menu hopefully for good.
Fix blank entries in download list when entering title id manually.
Entering title id manually will try to get name from json first, then from combobox, then fall back to using title id if it is blank (No more blank entries)
Changed download list to display '**' if a key was provided.
Notify users of updates inside the application on the welcome screen
Remove the widgets to enter *that key site
if already correct on the welcome screen
Better versioning comparison
Many other enhancements

Update inside the app in the update tab or get the latest from https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-simple-gui-for-funkiiu-funkii-ui.446853/
Amazing improvements, I absolutely love this app! I just have one request that MIGHT not be possible. But it'd be useful if it can display the file size for each game. It's hard to predict how big anything is. The Xenoblade Chronicles X DLC ended up being 10 GB!!

Reactions: dojafoja

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I use this app for games or just dlc? also, am I supposed to select "use online keys" or do I need to input the exact key for the content?

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I use this app for games or just dlc? also, am I supposed to select "use online keys" or do I need to input the exact key for the content?
FunKiiU can be used for anything on the NUS, as long as a ticket or key is available on that ticket database.

However, if you decide to use FunKiiU for the Brazilian method, it's recommended to use online tickets instead of online keys, as using online keys may result in a ticket that can not be installed on sysNAND without signature patching.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgot which version of FunkiiU.py I'm using, but many files say:

-File size is None.
-File in disk is 0.

or

-File size is xxxxxxxx
-File in disk is 0.

I can clearly see that the data is there, so that's not a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol