Status
Not open for further replies.

Laito1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Welp, my freeshop is dying. I quit it earlier, started it up again and all the games from my queue quadrupled, tried to delete them from the queue, which froze the app. I restarted the 3DS, now it quadrupled again and I have 800 things in my queue and it keeps freezing when I start it..

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, my freeshop is dying. I quit it earlier, started it up again and all the games from my queue quadrupled, tried to delete them from the queue, which froze the app. I restarted the 3DS, now it quadrupled again and I have 800 things in my queue and it keeps freezing when I start it..

just completely remove it all and redownload. (application, sd card data)

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
that was if they went online
i am *positive* nintendo could implement it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

click the very edge of the sceeen near the x's repeatedly till it crashes this is how i always fix that problem.

that was if they went online
then you wouldnt use freeshop cause you'd never be online ._. i think you skipped a point

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you wouldnt use freeshop cause you'd never be online ._. i think you skipped a point

No, people were banned for going online because it was before it was released on eshop. The leaked dump was of the gamecard. The game couldn't be gotten on freeshop till after it was released due to it needing the seed. And after the game was released, there was no more bans. The bans that happend after that was because the people that went online before it was released didn't get banned till then.

If they were really dedicated, yes it could be possible for them to detect which is which and ban them (it would require a system update though, and possibly some false bans)

Last edited by Aletron9000,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
No, people were banned for going online because it was before it was released on eshop. The leaked dump was of the gamecard. The game couldn't be gotten on freeshop till after it was released due to it needing the seed. And after the game was released, there was no more bans. The bans that happend after that was because the people that went online before it was released didn't get banned till then.

If they were really dedicated, yes it could be possible for them to detect which is which and ban them (it would require a system update though, and possibly some false bans)
im not talking about that .-. i said, they could look for a title id of a banned application say freeshop and put out a console ban if they find it.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not talking about that .-. i said, they could look for a title id of a banned application say freeshop and put out a console ban if they find it.

yeah, they might be able to do that. I think I heard that the 3ds sends activity log data to Nintendo. So I am surprised no one has been banned yet.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, they might be able to do that. I think I heard that the 3ds sends activity log data to Nintendo. So I am surprised no one has been banned yet.
indeed, however as far as i hear its only server / 3ds banned rather than software / 3ds banned so theyd have to implement the software first, but its completely possible

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rofl. I just talked about this bug earlier, it should be fixed in next version. If anyone has this problem, you fix it like this:

1. Delete sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/queue.json

2. Go to FBI > Pending Titles and delete them all.

Then you'll have an empty working queue again.

Reactions: some1ne

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Rofl. I just talked about this bug earlier, it should be fixed in next version. If anyone has this problem, you fix it like this:

1. Delete sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/queue.json

2. Go to FBI > Pending Titles and delete them all.

Then you'll have an empty working queue again.
good to know as i have this problem often, along with the fact when i try to clear something from queue while something is downloading it almost 100% freezes so i just leave them till everythings done

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What's the best way to update games now that Freeshop was DMCA'd?
Really?
I wrote this about three posts before yours:
Here is how to set up auto updating.

Google for 3ds titlekeys on your computer
Click the green part of the orange button that looks like a little QR code.
A big QR code will fill your screen.
Leave it and go to your 3DS.
Open freeShop
Tap the cog icon
Tap the updates tab
Tap to put a tick in the box marked "auto update titlekeys"
Tap the little QR code button on the left side of the touch screen
The camera will open
Use it to scan the big QR code on your computer screen
Press start and/or Select (one of these will save the settings and close freeShop, don't remember which)
Reopen freeShop
Now the titlekeys will auto update.
oh and you'll need to manually install the latest freeShop so it will update from the new repository when there's an update to the app itself.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Go into FBI and delete pending titles.
Ah yeah thanks, I remember someone mentioning that. I wasn't able to duplicate it before, but I've since done it and should be able to fix it. In the meantime, when it's done installing what you want, make sure to go to FBI > Pending Titles and clear that list. It could be messed up from the queue issue (or not).

Also, download speeds haven't changed for me, could be a temporary server issue.

i found this feature by accident while looking for what the japanese anime tv software was called, sadly it didnt work.
In what way does it not work? You must be doing something wrong, because it works for everyone else.
If you're not seeing a particular game, then check that it's even available by looking on the 3ds titlekeys site. If the game is not there then you should buy it and contribute the titlekey.

Excellsiors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update my freeshop downloaded games through eShop with no repercussions? A new Pokemon Moon Update came out today, and Freeshop shows nothing while eShop shows the option to update.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update my freeshop downloaded games through eShop with no repercussions? A new Pokemon Moon Update came out today, and Freeshop shows nothing while eShop shows the option to update.
U already was answered on the chatroom

Sahas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i download games from the freeshop straight to the 3ds rather than to the sd card? Im currently using a 2gb sd card so this would really help

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can i download games from the freeshop straight to the 3ds rather than to the sd card? Im currently using a 2gb sd card so this would really help
Games are installed to the SD card so no. You can install a couple of DSiWare games though (they get installed to NAND rather than SD).

You should really buy a bigger one. A 16GB card shouldn't set you back more than $15 even from a reputable shop that doesn't do discounted prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu