Not open for further replies.

ElConsolero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thnxs for quick reply!
No, DL was from same source.
Yes, I a9hl is installed but I would like to keep both nands with different FW-versions.
I see, DSiWare titles (GBA titles not occur on freeshop) are exceptions because they get installed directly on nand and not on SD-card like the other files.

Last edited by ElConsolero,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thnxs for quick reply!
No, DL was from same source.
Yes, I a9hl is installed but I would like to keep both nands with different FW-versions.
I see, DSiWare titles (GBA titles not occur on freeshop) are exceptions because they get installed directly on nand and not on SD-card like the other files.
Why keep EmuNAND? I can understand if you have EmuNAND for another region but other than that what would be the benefit?

Reactions: Quantumcat

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which will likely be resolved next week since NTR updates pretty fucking fast (I hope).

Also, GBA VCs and DSiWare are technically also busted unless you go to the latest Luma nightlies.
You can actually revert back to the normal build of Luma 6.6 and GBA VC and DSiWare games still work but it breaks the HBL.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

dvdjeters

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Guinea
VljLxOM.png
s3Y2DDd.png

https://freeshop.pw

Source: https://notabug.org/btucker/freeShop

This is homebrew software designed to imitate Nintendo's eShop. It allows you to browse and search games, and download ones you own (i.e. games for which you have the titlekey).

Usage:
1. Install the CIA file on your CFW of choice (preferably one removing region restrictions). Do NOT ask about CFW issues in this thread.
2. Put an encTitleKeys.bin file in the directory sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/ or go to update settings in freeShop and add a URL to auto-download (recommended).
3. Launch freeShop and enjoy.

This is perhaps over-simplified. I'll be more thorough later. This is mostly for linux, building on Windows will be difficult.

1. Install devkitARM, including ctrulib and citro3d.

2. Build cpp3ds. This script shows how to build it on ubuntu. This includes downloading precompiled portlibs/tools. (if you use Arch it's on AUR)

3. Set CPP3DS env variable to the dir with cpp3ds build (containing lib/include dirs)

4. Build/install libarchive (to portlibs dir) and freeShop as detailed in this script.

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?
A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.
A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why does freeShop show DLC as installed when I don't have it?
A: All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Not yet. It's currently unknown how to go into sleep mode without interrupting network services.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/sued for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why don't I have any friends?
A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.
You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.
You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".
The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004
This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

Is there any way to update games downloaded from the Freeshop

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, since the cache can still be updated, there are still some basic things we could imagine for future updates on a fork:
  • Fix some annoying GUI glitches.
  • Add flags for Korean/Chinese titles.
  • Make the eShop music loop properly by changing the format (BGM to BCSTM? I'm a noob about that shit.)
  • Errr... Allow more info to get retrieved from CDN (non-cut description text, vids etc.)
  • Make the cache updates automatic and therefore more frequent (@ss23 Sorry, but sometimes the time between cache updatEs feels so long :P)
  • More ideas? :P
Just my little comment, honestly I don't care about what TheCruel did, bleh that's bad etc., but that has just nothing to do with freeShop. That guy is in prison, end of the story.

Reactions: nitroBW

GyroDragona

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FreeShop crashes if you change the download list while it is doing the TMD install (and maybe seed and/or ticket install). For an example if you remove a finished download while it is doing the TMD install it will cause it to crash every time.

Last edited by GyroDragona,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FreeShop crashes if your change the download list while doing the TMD install (and maybe seed and/or ticket install). For an example if you remove a finished download while it is doing the TMD install it will cause it to crash every time.
I can second this. At first, I thought it was because I ran out of space on the NAND when a bunch of DSiWare was installing, but I then noticed it happening after installing a few small titles with lots of space left. Soon after this, I also noticed that the "Not enough space on NAND." error was handled correctly when I left the queue alone during installs.

Mactaetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I have just soundhacked an O3DSXL.
Freeshop wont run. it starts but crashes back into the home screen right after the loading screen.
I don't have Homebrew Launcher installed as it's broken under 11.4 for O3DSXL.

Any help how I can get the freeshop running? As said: it crashes immediately after loading game list. (it's not even encoding any titles as I don't have a key list loaded. it's a brand new fresh install of freeshop). Any idea?

EDIT: Found the solution. I got the enctitles.bin (or similar), put it manually in the folders 3ds/data/freeshop/ and it worked and booted straight away.

Thanks anyway

Last edited by Mactaetus,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, since the cache can still be updated, there are still some basic things we could imagine for future updates on a fork:
  • Fix some annoying GUI glitches.
  • Add flags for Korean/Chinese titles.
  • Make the eShop music loop properly by changing the format (BGM to BCSTM? I'm a noob about that shit.)
  • Errr... Allow more info to get retrieved from CDN (non-cut description text, vids etc.)
  • Make the cache updates automatic and therefore more frequent (@ss23 Sorry, but sometimes the time between cache updatEs feels so long :P)
  • More ideas? :P
Just my little comment, honestly I don't care about what TheCruel did, bleh that's bad etc., but that has just nothing to do with freeShop. That guy is in prison, end of the story.
Doesn't the settings work to show/hide region? I remember using it looking for a Japanese title.
Doesn't it support BCSTM already? I thought that was added in January. I still use ogg.
You know you can scroll the description. Took me a while to stumble on it. If you move the circle pad up/down, it scrolls.
It doesn't matter if the cache get updates every minute. Unless the person(s) running the title key site doesn't encode the title key, it won't be available for download in freeShop. Once we get bootrom dumped and can do those operations on the PC, I imagine it'll be automated.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Is freeshop still getting updated despite OP getting banned?
You can't get banned using Freeshop
Also it updates when new title keys are loaded to that site Freeshop loads the games from. Make sure you have it set in Freeshop settings to auto update.b

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Reactions: cvskid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper