ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

IcebergMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked archive and there was nothing to display it said
Then I'm at a loss. I downloaded the rar again just to be sure and it had FireEditor-v0.5-35-alpha.jar inside it, so I have no idea what is happening on your computer.

I just realized, earlier you said something about folders. It's possible your archiving program is set as the default to open .jar files. Could you post a screenshot of the folders you were referring to?

Last edited by IcebergMM,

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a warning, with update 10.4 being very likely during/after Nintendo's maintenance today, please do not update to it until it (if it can be) is confirmed that Homebrew can still be loaded with it!

Also, for anyone with a New 3DS, looks like rxTools emuNAND having 9.6+ firmware will soon be possible!: https://twitter.com/RxTools/status/686671460111413251

Last edited by Mrperson0,
Reactions: Favna and Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i cant find it when i open the rar 3 folders come up and i looked through them and still dont see it
You download a RAR file which contains a JAR file. You should NOT open the JAR file with an archive manager (WinRAR, RAR, and so on), you have to download and install Java from here: https://www.java.com/en/download/ and then open the JAR file with it.

IcebergMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant find it when i open the rar 3 folders come up and i looked through them and still dont see it
if you're seeing three folders you're opening the .JAR as an archive and not running it. If your using windows, and have the latest Java runtime installed you can right-click the .JAR. Then click "open with" and select "java platform se binary". If that option isn't available click "more options" then the option that let's you search for an application on your pc. In the popup navigate to wherever you have java installed (the default is "./Program Files\Java" or "./Program Files(X86)\Java") and open the folder with the highest number. then open the "bin" folder. My directory looks like this "./Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin". The file you want is named javaaw.exe.

<edit> ninja'd

Last edited by IcebergMM,
Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you're seeing three folders you're opening the .JAR as an archive and not running it. If your using windows, and have the latest Java runtime installed you can right-click the .JAR. Then click "open with" and select "java platform se binary". If that option isn't available click "more options" then the option that let's you search for an application on your pc. In the popup navigate to wherever you have java installed (the default is "./Program Files\Java" or "./Program Files(X86)\Java") and open the folder with the highest number. then open the "bin" folder. My directory looks like this "./Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_66\bin". The file you want is named javaaw.exe.

<edit> ninja'd
But your answer is better explained! Thanks!

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mfw people don't have Java on their computer

3cdc8cef05d4fa02b4a4fb9d5b8e7711.jpg

3cab618c2e6695f97dd7ad8d3f588d32.jpg

> 3 billion

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

<edit> ninja'd

But your answer is better explained! Thanks!

I said that earlier too :P

marvs869

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't really know where to ask this but has anyone tried the save tool (for decompressing) for fire emblem if/fates and does it work? i wanna edit my stat items but i dont know how to find it in HxD?

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having trouble getting it to load. The program opens fine, but when I try to open my Chapter0 file, it just keeps trying to load it without it actually loading.
I've tried this on both Mac and Windows so my issue isn't an OS problem.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having trouble getting it to load. The program opens fine, but when I try to open my Chapter0 file, it just keeps trying to load it without it actually loading.
I've tried this on both Mac and Windows so my issue isn't an OS problem.
You have to decompress the files first using the Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool. Please, read the turotial in the OP (first post). If you still have problems after fllowing that, please tell me.

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to decompress the files first using the Fire Emblem Awakening Save Tool. Please, read the turotial in the OP (first post). If you still have problems after fllowing that, please tell me.
That fixed it, thanks! I misread the OP and thought I didn't have to decompress, my bad.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! My laptop is currently out of commission(Using my N3DS to be here), so there won't be any more pictures from me for awhile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?