[Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Olmectron, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Olmectron
    OP

Olmectron GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Latest ongoing (slowly working on it) web app. Made using the Polymer framework.

Doesn't need FEAST!
    It currently can edit only hair colors, but that's a start! This was updated as of June 22th GMT-5 Currently this doesn't work with Japanese files, only use European and American saves. The files you need to open are Chapter files with no extension.

http://olmectron.firebaseapp.com/

Would you help me testing, please? This is completely untested on a 3DS. Please, I need help testing since I don't have a 3DS for making the tests myself.

• Click on the rectangle color to the left of the unit's name to edit the unit's hair color!
    • Click on the floppy disc icon button for downloading the edited file, ready for importing back to your 3DS! No need for FEAST!

Want to edit more things than just hair color right know? Look below at the old Java builds which already had more features! Once this app gets the same features, those Java builds will be discarded from this post.

compression complete.PNG

June 2017 notice:
    Want to contribute to this project? The author is so lazy he won't continue working on it. Here is the source code:

New Fire Editor nightlies which don't need FEAST:
    https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditor

Old Fire Editor stable release with a lot of editing features (but needs FEAST):
    https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditorOld

Web Fire Editor. Loads files without need of FEAST, but can't compress them back:
    https://github.com/Olmectron/FireEditorWeb

Web Demo (open a Chapter file directly taken from the save manager, don't use FEAST):

http://olmectron.firebaseapp.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This supports only Fire Emblem: Awakening save editing. This post will be updated when the new update is released. Some parts of the post has
    been removed, please ask in the comments if you are new or have any question about how the latest version is used.

If you want to edit Fates save files, you can use the excellent FEFTwiddler editor from @Soaprman . Be sure to check it out!

As of February 2017 there are two versions of FireEditor:
    • the latest stable one which is the first and oldest version of the app which needed Chapter files to be decompressed using the FEAST app first,
    • and the nightly builds, that don't need FEAST anymore, since the decompression code is bundled in the app.
    However, the nightly builds have less editing features than the latest stable release right now. When the recent builds get to the point where it contains every feature of the original app, it will be the only entry posted here. Meanwhile, read below the things you can edit with the last stable release.

For using the latest stable release (from 2015), you need to decompress your file using SciresM's FEAST first. https://github.com/SciresM/FEAST/releases

Always backup your save files before editing!

Latest nightly build (doesn't need FEAST)
    February 11th, 2017 (Download) v0.2.3:

• Improved user GUI. Restarted working on this, will update once every two weeks.
    • Fixed kill/revive button.
    • Added language label to the status bar.

Latest stable version (needs to use FEAST first)
    October 25th, 2015: Sixteenth revision released 0.5-35-alpha

This is a little Java project I have been working on for editing western Fire Emblem: Awakening save files. It features so far:

• Editing of class, level, experience and added movement of any unit.
    • Editing the name of your Avatar, Spotpass units, DLC units and Logbook Avatars.
    • Editing of the equipped skills of your units.
    • Editing of the appearance any Avatar has. You can change Build, Face, Hair and Hair Color. (Hair Color can be changed to any hex code between #000000 and #FFFFFF, not only the default in-game ones).
    • You can make any Avatar's portrait be that of some DLC unit. It's inside the "Face" options in the appearance feature.
    • Experimental cloning and deleting of units. This can and will cause issues in your game, like wiping out all of your convoy items, and some other things.

Always backup your save files before editing!

Check out @ShadowMario3's Perfect 100% Global File!

Nightly builds

February 11th, 2017 (Download):

• Improved user GUI. Restarted working on this, will update once every two weeks.

July 13th, 2016 (Download):

• Fixed a bug that crashed when loading some Chapter files because of missing portraits in the editor. Thanks to @Dark1
    July 8th, 2016 (Download):

• No need for FEAST anymore. Load your files directly as you get them from your 3DS. (Chapter files). Anyway, thanks to SciresM's code, which I was finally able to translate from C# to Java.
    • Can edit only Added Movement, Asset, Flaw and Internal Stats. Put a 99 in each stat for maxing them out, or 255 for keeping them always to zero in the game. Can't edit level, experience, nor class right now.
    • Can edit hair color of Children, Avatar, Spotpass and DLC units. Spotpass and DLC units from previous games will change their 3D model color only.
    • Haven't tested. Always back up your save file!

Thanks to @Mrperson0 for helping out with testing, providing a physical Japanese copy of Fire Emblem: Fates, and for supporting this development from the start.
    Thanks to @ShadowMario3 for releasing his 100% perfect Global save file, it has helped, and will help a lot to complete the development of this editor.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Olmectron, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:49 PM
    vinstage, lea, hiten and 26 others like this.

2. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    Well crap... I was working on this. Glad I didn't get too far.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Good job by the way.

sonicking and Olmectron like this.
  3. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Thank you! I'm not that far either. There's only the option to have full stock in the convoy right now. :lol:

I hope to improve it more in the following weeks, implement the compress and decompressing directly in the app and maybe exporting to a native .exe file for Windows users. However, as long as Java is not a problem for many people, I think it would be better to keep going with it, since Linux is already "supported" as well as could work on MacOS (cannot test on that one, since I don't have a Mac).

olshrimpeyes likes this.
  4. olshrimpeyes

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    I've got pretty much the same functionality as you except it mine de/compresses on the fly. Also it's CLI based because I'm not super familiar with GUI programming. I haven't exactly figured how to locate the items for each save so I user inputted values to calibrate the offset. Its written Python so it should run on we every platform. I'm probably going to scrap it at this point and move on to a new project.

Olmectron likes this.
  5. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I hope to know about your next project soon!

Anyway, you could continue with this one, being different languages, it would be nice for people to get different options. :lol:

olshrimpeyes and SomeGamer like this.
  6. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    I try and for some reason any save i try to use say me the file is corrupted. I use this save data manager i have to say evrey time i backup a save from Fire Emblem i become allready decompress in the various file...and the only thing i can say is probably is becouse i use a PAL copy of the game >-<

7. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Oh, sorry. Forgot to say it's for the NA version. You can restore your original save (the one before you decompressed) and it should work again.

8. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    Don't worry ;) but i really like the project and i hope you can make this very good even i can't use i followed becouse im very intrested in this ;)

9. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    Please continue, we need more features and European support

Olmectron likes this.
  10. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2010
    I have an European save.
    Do you need it decrypted or encrypted?

11. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Hi, thanks. What save manager are you using? If it's Save Data Filer, Save Data Manager, or sdvt, just send me the folder you get with the Chapter, Global and Map files.

12. ultimatetemper

Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited by ultimatetemper, Sep 17, 2015
  13. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
  14. ultimatetemper

Dec 30, 2010
    I don't know.
    I have the European rom, what do you need?

15. shahanshah

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    I could help as well, I have a European digital copy from the eShop

16. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I'll start working with the European save today. I just want you to try future builds of the FireEditor, when I've added European support, and more features. I think I'll have the next build by Saturday.

17. olshrimpeyes

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    As of right now I'm continuing it, but it will be at least month before I have any sort of release ready. I have least 5-6 things I want to have finished and 1 of them I'm not entirely sure how to accomplish.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I've got EUR, NA, JPN support already.

Olmectron likes this.
  18. shahanshah

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    Currently anticipating a simple character editor so you can change characters into any class. I want to edit some spotpass-characters, but that doesn't seem doable at all, currently.

19. cokacommando

cokacommando GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Yorktown, New York
    Hey, the edits aren't working, I use the one with Ninjhax 2.1 latest boot.3dsx and all that good stuff...any idea why? should I send my save in?

20. Olmectron
    OP

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Please send it. Thanks. If possible, the originals (right after being dumped) and the modified ones (after using the tool).