ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Doctor Qwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, bummer, so it'd need HANS shenanigans to get them to actually show up?
tXdmBD2.png

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, I missed whatever train wreck took place a couple of hours ago. I'm wondering if my question about the crossover got answered but honestly I don't care either way anymore. *sigh*

So will a separate save editor be made for the two Fire Emblem games or will this editor be unified as an all in one? I don't care how long it takes I just wanted to understand the situation with this and the first post barely touched on the sequel game.

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll have to try this. Unfortunately I'm not far enough to have these accessories unlocked. I guess they'll show up in other castles though. So use the JAP AcceShop.bin.lz? Won't be hard to try.

Edit: So yeah looks like it does work! One thing to note is that they are also already translated too. Here's a picture.
pIEmifY.png
Couldn't try to equip them though since as you can see I don't have enough ressources yet.

Last edited by Ezehokadrim,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'll have to try this. Unfortunately I'm not far enough to have these accessories unlocked. I guess they'll show up in other castles though. So use the JAP AcceShop.bin.lz? Won't be hard to try.

Edit: So yeah looks like it does work! One thing to note is that they are also already translated too. Here's a picture.
pIEmifY.png
Couldn't try to equip them though since as you can see I don't have enough ressources yet.
So basically, I already found out how to restore them?

HAH

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darn, I missed whatever train wreck took place a couple of hours ago. I'm wondering if my question about the crossover got answered but honestly I don't care either way anymore. *sigh*
I sent you a PM about that, did you not get it?
So will a separate save editor be made for the two Fire Emblem games or will this editor be unified as an all in one? I don't care how long it takes I just wanted to understand the situation with this and the first post barely touched on the sequel game.
They, if I understand correctly, plan to make it an all-in-one.

Whether or not that's possible is yet to be seen.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The save structure for all versions of Fates is pretty much identical (where the save stores character data, the convoy, heck, even the chapter number since the number of chapters in all routes is the same). All we need now is to wait for @Olmectron to make it.
Or, you know, you could make it yourself if you know how to program stuff.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
wait a sec. So the censored content was just blocked from the game and not removed?

I thought it was suspicious that the game was larger than the Japanese version.
Basically, all of the data exists within the game, all treehouse did was remove the item entries for them, I think we probably need to look for another file because I suspect buying them won't be enough to be able to use them, but I'd love to be wrong about this.

Yeah it's pretty damn cool. Thanks for the info. With the undub I'll just test the restoration will mostly come down to the supports.
I think we can do the same thing with the Petting if we can find what files are responsible for it.

Last edited by DeathChaos,

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The save structure for all versions of Fates is pretty much identical (where the save stores character data, the convoy, heck, even the chapter number since the number of chapters in all routes is the same). All we need now is to wait for @Olmectron to make it.
Or, you know, you could make it yourself if you know how to program stuff.
However, Fates' and Awakening's save structures probably vary quite a bit, with all the new stuff in Fates.

You do know that at the time of this post the editor in the opening post is\was for Fire Emblem: Awakening, right?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent you a PM about that, did you not get it?They, if I understand correctly, plan to make it an all-in-one.

I am currently undergoing a lot of work which is causing a lot of stress (tax related stuff) and I didn't want to read it until the time was appropriate and I can address it with a clear conscience. I'm not ignoring you if that's what you think.

I'll address it as soon as I'm available to, I just wanted to get my question answered and I'm grateful you were able to do so.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to get my question answered and I'm grateful you were able to do so.
I'm not sure "answered" would be the word to use.
A friend suggested that you misinterpreted that I misinterpreted something I didn't. (I did misinterpreted something, yes, but not the thing my friend thinks you think I did.)

This just keeps getting more confusing…
Let's drop it in this topic as "we both misunderstood each other."
PM me if you need to continue this discussion.
It really doesn't belong in this topic.

Ezehokadrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, all of the data exists within the game, all treehouse did was remove the item entries for them, I think we probably need to look for another file because I suspect buying them won't be enough to be able to use them, but I'd love to be wrong about this.

I think we can do the same thing with the Petting if we can find what files are responsible for it.
I can test buying them too. I just need to get a online castle with emerald or bet in the arena and get lucky. As for the petting I wouldn't be surprised it's a similar fix.

Last edited by Ezehokadrim,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, Fates' and Awakening's save structures probably vary quite a bit, with all the new stuff in Fates.

You do know that at the time of this post the editor in the opening post is\was for Fire Emblem: Awakening, right?
I'm well aware of that. However, I forgot to say that the save structure for Awakening is also very similar to Fates. All the data in Fates is in the same general structure. Look back a bit on the thread a bit and you'll find more.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure "answered" would be the word to use.
A friend suggested that you misinterpreted that I misinterpreted something I didn't. (I did misinterpreted something, yes, but not the thing my friend thinks you think I did.)

This just keeps getting more confusing…
Let's drop it in this topic as "we both misunderstood each other."
PM me if you need to continue this discussion.
It really doesn't belong in this topic.
I havent even looked at the PM to know what your talking about. I was referring to the question which I last spoke of regarding the save editor, I wanted to know if the game will have its own save editor or dedicated and you answered accordingly so thank you for that. I'll answer the PM before the end of today I promise, this is not an appropriate time for me to address it.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
…I forgot to say that the save structure for Awakening is also very similar to Fates. All the data in Fates is in the same general structure. Look back a bit on the thread a bit and you'll find more.
I'm sure there's a large difference, though.
Like pokémon, all the values for the pokémon are the same as they add new ones, but the "catch any pokemon" cheat code changes outside of what to put for the pokémon of your choice between r\b\y all the way to d\pe\pl, if I recall correctly…
------------
…I was referring to the question which I last spoke of regarding the save editor, I wanted to know if the game will have its own save editor or dedicated and you answered accordingly so thank you for that…
I answered that question way back when you asked it.
Do we have a save editor for Fire Emblem If?

The guide says its mainly for Awakening and its for US and EU versions of the game which is completely opposite to what I want to use it for (Japanese version of Fates.)

Has anyone used this on If/Fates with any success?
Currently, this only works on Awakening, but the author plans to incorporate Fates in to it as well at some point, as well as (I assume) increase the Awakening editing scope.

Last edited by that girl,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like pokémon, all the values for the pokémon are the same as they add new ones, but the "catch any pokemon" cheat code changes outside of what to put for the pokémon of your choice between r/b/y all the way to d\pe\

The Pokemon Catch Any Pokemon cheat is different (at least between systems) is because each game on each system runs on new engines. They're different between games on the same system because of the new Pokemon they had to implement, as well as the difference in the RAM of the games. Just because the values are the same doesn't mean the code should be the same.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like pokémon, all the values for the pokémon are the same as they add new ones, but the "catch any pokemon" cheat code changes outside of what to put for the pokémon of your choice between r\b\y all the way to d\pe\pl, if I recall correctly…
------------

You said assume. I was hoping to get more input about this save editor specifically or if there was even another project in the works, thats all. The front page doesnt give enough information about the sequel game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: