Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edit: whilst my original post on and warning for this mentioned I do not mind all that much as it doesn't directly influence me if I can't get visited (I can still visit others mind you), if anyone would have an idea on a method to get a new castle address (pretty much the fix) that would be awesome. Castle Address is not save specific (somehow) because my Conquest and my Birthright saves have the same address.

That is weird. Isn't it technically possible to get 99 of every food and crystal in My Castle? Did you use any other cheats that could have caused you to be shadow-banned?

Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. I didn't use the 77x of items stuff, i used the 'enable all city builds' stuff so uh... Yeah:

04984456dada34cc24e3653ebf021cea.jpg

Last edited by Favna,

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to the hex editing scene, anyone here can give me some pointers on how you can have more than one type of resources like that picture above? So far I've only figured out how to edit the amount of gold. Additionally, would it be possible for me to get some of the dlc skills? I've run into a dilemma where i need to update to 10.6 in order to play the dlc(s) which I've already purchased (map pack 1) It's a big disappointment that i would need to update in order to download those maps..

Pepepecaspicapapas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I'm new to the hex editing scene, anyone here can give me some pointers on how you can have more than one type of resources like that picture above? So far I've only figured out how to edit the amount of gold. Additionally, would it be possible for me to get some of the dlc skills? I've run into a dilemma where i need to update to 10.6 in order to play the dlc(s) which I've already purchased (map pack 1) It's a big disappointment that i would need to update in order to download those maps..
im new at everything about hex editing can you tell me what program do i need to edit the gold ? of course hex editor

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
While I know almost nothing about hex editing, can I ask you what firmware are you currently on?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a save editor for Fire Emblem If?

The guide says its mainly for Awakening and its for US and EU versions of the game which is completely opposite to what I want to use it for (Japanese version of Fates.)

Has anyone used this on If/Fates with any success?

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do we have a save editor for Fire Emblem If?

The guide says its mainly for Awakening and its for US and EU versions of the game which is completely opposite to what I want to use it for (Japanese version of Fates.)

Has anyone used this on If/Fates with any success?
Currently, this only works on Awakening, but the author plans to incorporate Fates in to it as well at some point, as well as (I assume) increase the Awakening editing scope. I have no idea if the plan to include "IF", though I thought "IF" was the FE×SMT game for Wii U?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, this only works on Awakening, but the author plans to incorporate Fates in to it as well at some point, as well as (I assume) increase the Awakening editing scope. I have no idea if the plan to include "IF", though I thought "IF" was the FE×SMT game for Wii U?
Where did you get the idea I was talking about that crossover game? It's a completely different game on a completely different platform.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem_Fates

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genei_Ibun_Roku_♯FE

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you said IF\Fates, duh.
Hence my quizical:There's even a qeustionmark--------------------------------⇑
A slash implies either one. Different regions have different names for games such as Earthbound being called Mother 2: Giygas Returns or I could of simply have said Earthbound/Mother 2 to cover ground on anyone familiar with the game from either region.

I have never once in my life seen "/" imply a crossover of any kind and I'm baffled how you came to that conclusion.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The * are you talking about now? Do you see a "\" or "/" in "IF"? Because I don't.
It's called Fates in the US version and If in the Japanese version. Therefore I refer to this game as Fire Emblem Fates/If so anyone from either region can make the distinction I'm talking about this game.

I repeat one more time, I have never once seen "/" being used as a crossover and I have no understanding how you came to that conclusion. I'm genuinely curious why you thought I was referring to that game especially in a sub form that it doesn't even belong to (3DS.)

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I repeat one more time, I have never once seen "/" being used as a crossover and I have no understanding how you came to that conclusion. I'm genuinely curious why you thought I was referring to that game especially in a sub form that it doesn't even belong to (3DS.)
* off with the "\", there's no *ing "\" in "IF" stop using it as an excuse.

I have no idea what FE×SMT is actually called (hence me using FE×SMT instead), but I've always assumed it was "Fire Emblem: If…" because of "Shin Megami Tensei: If…" so every time until now, I had assume "FE:If" was the FE×SMT game. There's no *ing "\" or "/"!! Have you seen me use "\" when referring to FE×SMT?!! NO!! Why do you think I use "×"? Because when people use "\", it's confusing unless it's -ACTUALLY- part of the title, like "Fate\Zero"!!!! Why the * are you so hung up on a non-existant "\"!?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* off with the "\", there's no *ing "\" in "IF" stop using it as an excuse.

I have no idea what FE×SMT is actually called (hence me using FE×SMT instead), but I've always assumed it was "Fire Emblem: If…" because of "Shin Megami Tensei: If…" so every time until now, I had assume "FE:If" was the FE×SMT game. There's no *ing "\" or "/"!! Have you seen me use "\" when referring to FE×SMT?!! NO!! Why do you think I use "×"? Because when people use "\", it's confusing unless it's -ACTUALLY- part of the title, like "Fate\Zero"!!!! Why the * are you so hung up on a non-existant "\"!?
I just explained to you, twice. How many times do I need to repeat myself till it makes sense. Do you need more examples?

You still haven't explained where you seen "/" to indicate crossover. I'm just here to learn, don't take it personal.

otakusensei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop, Girl. They aren't saying there is a "\" in a Fire Emblem title. Full Stop.

They are saying that the Japanese version of the game is called "Fire Emblem If" and that the US/EU version is called "Fire Emblem Fates". They are the same game, so they are using the "/" to clarify for people that may not be aware that they are the same game. This is legitimate use of the symbol. The symbol is sometimes used in titles as well, btu in this case it has a function instead of just Type-Moon trying to be cool.

No one really gives two shits what you think "/" means, so stop being loudly wrong.

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I know almost nothing about hex editing, can I ask you what firmware are you currently on?

I'm on 10.5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im new at everything about hex editing can you tell me what program do i need to edit the gold ? of course hex editor

I'm assuming you already have your save file decompressed?

Doctor Qwerty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how they can't patch existing piracy solutions, but they do everything they can to prevent userland homebrew.

Yeah, I'm bit annoyed they forced me to go install an emunand.
I didn't even want to use the 'pirate' tools, but they gave me no other option to keep updating and keep homebrew.

While I'm here, any way to get the removed swimsuit type things?
I saved, bought a new accessory, and saved in a different slot to find the area those are stored in, but even after grabbing 50 of everything else via save edit they won't show up in my inventory.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, I'm bit annoyed they forced me to go install an emunand.
I didn't even want to use the 'pirate' tools, but they gave me no other option to keep updating and keep homebrew.

While I'm here, any way to get the removed swimsuit type things?
I saved, bought a new accessory, and saved in a different slot to find the area those are stored in, but even after grabbing 50 of everything else via save edit they won't show up in my inventory.
Didn't they get removed in the US version?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Didn't they get removed in the US version?
I actually posted something related to this in the Content Restoration/delocalization topic in Serenes that might help with this, but I feel like I've mostly been ignored with almost everything I've posted there, so I'll post it here and hopefully someone can confirm and test for me, since I currently have no 3DS as I have sent it to get hardmodded.

Ok so, I'm comparing some data between Accessory shops on NA/JP versions, and here are my notes as I compare the data, the file I'm comparing is GameData/AcceShop.bin.lz after decrypting them with FEAT and comparing the resulting .bin files.

The USA Version has 8 less pointers than the Japanese version, meaning the Accessory Shop in the localized version has 2 less items after accounting for the 8 removed pointers at 4 pointers per item.

Now, for the strings of data Availible in the JPN version but not in the Localized USA Version of this file;

First are the actual IDs for the Accesories;

ACCE_きわどい水着 is not listed in the USA version, according to the localized text, this is the "Bold Swimsuit".
ACCE_草花の水着 is also not listed, according to localization, "Tropical Suit".

Next is the Labels used by the game to identify them, these are the name labels for the above two;

MKID_ACCESHOP_きわどい水着
MKID_ACCESHOP_草花の水着

Next is the description labels for these two;

MKID_H_ACCESHOP_きわどい水着
MKID_H_ACCESHOP_草花の水着

I don't have access to my 3DS for some time, but I imagine using the Japanese version of the file in the localized games could easily work assuming the model data and whatnot is still present in the game.

Basically, extract the romfs from a Japanese copy, locate AcceShop.bin.lz file inside the GameData folder, copy this, extract the romfs from a USA copy, past the Japanese AcceShop.bin.lz and overwrite the USA one, and rebuild the USA romfs for HANS or run the files through NTR, and maybe check the accessory shop and see what changes?

Last edited by DeathChaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I do have 1TB of Wii games though