Translation [Release][Final] Nora and the Time Studio: The Witch of the Misty Forest - Translation Project

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know, such and underrated game. But now it's coming to the Switch and other modern platforms, very likely localized. I think that'll be the best version for anyone who haven't tried the game yet. For now I'll focuse my solo spanish fan-translation project to Aliens Infestation, another game that was only localized to English, German and French.
Ah, if this game is going to be officially localized in my language, I'll retranslate it to the official script! Yes, that's exactly what I am going to do when this remaster comes out.

Don't forget however that your Spanish is actually Latin American (because your profile clearly says that you're from Mexico). It's quite different from Castillian, so it needs a translation in both Spanish versions. The same goes for French: European and Canadian (from Québec).

Last edited by SDA,

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, if this game is going to be officially localized in my language, I'll retranslate it to the official script! Yes, that's exactly what I am going to do when this remaster comes out.

Don't forget however that your Spanish is actually Latin American (because your profile clearly says that you're from Mexico). It's quite different from Castillian, so it needs a translation in both Spanish versions. The same goes for French: European and Canadian (from Québec).

Well, certainly there are some differences between Spanish from Spain and Latin American Spanish, but I think it's better than nothing haha
The list of games translated to Latin American Spanish, officially or not, has never been that large.

Reactions: swosho

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Goodness, I can't wait! Hope all goes well and this project will be completed in due time, sending good vibes your way.

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Great, do take your time! I know it's not a walk in the park undertaking a translation project. Thank you for all of your kind effort and to every one in the team.

Reactions: Darukeru
v0.2b

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick update with a few more screenshots, (this isn't the big update I mentioned before).

26.png
27.png
28.png

29.png
30.png
31.png

34.png
32.png
33.png

Thanks to the kind user gerb in RHDN now all of the more than 1600~ scripts are translated. In other words in terms of text scripts everything is translated as of now.
I've translated many more graphic assets. Right now the only ones left to do are the town names, board signs, and three or four buttons that doesn't appear much in the game, will translate this last ones in a future release of the patch but not in the next one.
Expect a more detailed update in the next coming weeks, as in the next following days I'll contact a few beta testers to help me identify most of the text overflows or misalignments.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by Darukeru,

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
28.png

If you could not use the japanese [ ], they're full width and it makes the ! appears way too far for no reason. (but that's just my 2 cents here, everything else looks cool :D)

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Very, very promising, I love when a game received a full translation! Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Took a bit more time to savour those screenshots and I'm floored! Can't wait.

Last edited by defunct32,
Reactions: Darukeru

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots look nice and I'd love to play an updated patch, but when/why did Nora's name change? I assume the title hasn't changed from Nora and the Time Studio, so it's a little odd seeing the protagonist's name spelled with a double O.

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The screenshots look nice and I'd love to play an updated patch, but when/why did Nora's name change? I assume the title hasn't changed from Nora and the Time Studio, so it's a little odd seeing the protagonist's name spelled with a double O.
"Noora" is more similar to how the protagonist is referenced in-game, "Nora" is how she was named in the few media articles published in English when the game was released in Japan and this is also probably how the game and protagonist names would have been localized if the game would have been released outside Japan.
To edit a thread title I think it's necessary to contact a mod, and by now I consider an update to the thread title isn't strictly necessary.

Last edited by Darukeru,

Dumbfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expect a huge update very, very soon. Maybe even a beta release. More like an unpolished release version than a beta.
I've been checking every day for v0.2b.
But in a whole month no files were touched.
You got me excited with the "very very soon".

BungeeCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Beta testers haven't contacted me back. Probably I'll need to find new ones.
I can be a beta tester since I'm working at home. But I will most likely play it on Drastic Emulator if that's okay. You may contact me. I am waiting for this game to be translated since 2011.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow