• Views 1,502,865
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say that you bricked it with FBI, that was only when using FBI to make changes to the sysNAND, right? I use FBI quite often, but only to install things to the emuNAND. I sure hope that I can't brick it by doing that.
Yes, we were making changes to system files downloaded from 3DS updater to sysNand. When you install to the SD card you really can brick it. Before applying any system updates to emuNand I would highly recommend to backup the emuNand just incase the new version is installed.

i was going to do the same but I loved the NES design to much and decided a NAND mod would be a good investment in case i keep bricking.
It was to the NES 3DS XL and I was able to find another GameStop that had it in stock near me so it was an easy exchange.

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one ever said it would. Actually, people were telling us it wouldn't. However, a legit cia installer via NH 2.0 will be possible in the not-to-far-future. (i've heard from many knowledgeable people). And in the far future there will be a sig-patching CFW for NH 2.0. But now is the time to celebrate homebrew on 9.3 - 9.9. not to discuss piracy please. I don't know how many times i've said this.
So not-to-far future is like 2017 and far future is like 2025? hehe :ph34r:

Reactions: Kafke

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked an O3DS with FBI too. Thankfully I only just bought it and simply exchanged it for another one.
Yes, we were making changes to system files downloaded from 3DS updater to sysNand. When you install to the SD card you really can brick it. Before applying any system updates to emuNand I would highly recommend to backup the emuNand just incase the new version is installed.

It was to the NES 3DS XL and I was able to find another GameStop that had it in stock near me so it was an easy exchange.
Wah! Easy exchnage and GameStop in a same sentence.:wtf: I would vote your GameStop manager for president!

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not-to-far future is like 2017 and far future is like 2025? hehe :ph34r:
Well legit CIA's shouldn't be to far away. I mean when some dude on another one of these threads brought up that thing smealum tweeted a while ago, about romhacking on 9.8, and a lot of people have shown interest in that. So he might release it. Then once he provides the source code, we can pick that apart to make a pretty decent NH 2.0 legit CIA installer, and maybe even a CFW. OR someone else could find an exploit that's JUST BARLEY enough to install those sweet ass legit CIA's before then. YOU GOTTA THINK POSITIVE WHILE ALSO BEING REALISTIC :lol::lol::lol::lol:

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still fw 9.3+ support would mean more sales for them
I meant I doubt they will release downgrader for >9.2. You know your friends group or your local mod shop just need to buy 1 Gateway and downgrade to <9.2 and use free CFW.
What happened that time? I downgraded my console with great success!
They lost sale to CFW, didn't they? They surely will look to support Homebrew >9.2 though.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There probably working on it right now. Trying at least. They probably just don't want to make any official announcements before they know for sure if it's do-able or not.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you tell them that let you trade it in? Did you just say that it wouldn't turn on or did you have to do some clever convincing?
Since it bricked while I was trying to update the system that's what I told them. I said I went to update the system software and when it rebooted I was stuck at a dark black screen. I just didn't say HOW I did the update. They took it back as defective.

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
I meant I doubt they will release downgrader for >9.2. You know your friends group or your local mod shop just need to buy 1 Gateway and downgrade to <9.2 and use free CFW.
Well that indeed is a bad idea. What i mean was 9.3+ support, wihout downgrade features

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Since it bricked while I was trying to update the system that's what I told them. I said I went to update the system software and when it rebooted I was stuck at a dark black screen. I just didn't say HOW I did the update. They took it back as defective.
Even if they don't include it, I think someone will be able to figure out how to do it if it's possible.
And also some kind of Sky 3Ds file browser and game laucher for ninjhax or something. The blue button is really annoying.

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if Gateway releases native support for 9.3+,which, like I said, they are probably working on it as we speak, then there will be no reason to downgrade.

And also some kind of Sky 3Ds file browser and game laucher for ninjhax or something. The blue button is really annoying.

Well never happen. The 3DS thinks the SKY3DS is a regular game catridge. That's what kept it alive through all of these updates. It sacrifices for very minimal features (But still better than Gateway xD). It's not like an R4i or anything.

Last edited by WateredFire19,
Reactions: andrew weeks

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
At least we know they're working on it and not trying to cure cancert. ;)
Trough piracy it alows gamers suffering from cancer to save oney for their treatment XD ok just kidding, but here in Spain games are considered overpriced (smash bros costs 44,99€ at eshop, while in US it costs 39,99$ (36,93€).) and some peole call game companies ( sales department, not game developers) the other pirates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Looks like a brown recluse