• Likes 102

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I'm having the same issue too... most of the time on my O3DS but sometime on my N3DS also. Probably a memory-related issue since FreeShop (and other homebrew apps) work flawlessly.
I second that. N3ds xl + FBI 2.4.8. I didn't have this problem on older versions(+o3DS back then). I doubt it's a n3DS specific bug. It loads the titles in the beginning, but then locks the whole system and I have to hard reset.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Myriad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing to note, assuming the version the author posted in the comments on the previous page(now unavailable) is identical to his recent updated 2.4.8, the cia install still freezes on the titles page, but the 3dsx file through homebrew does not have this problem. I technically have not confirmed if the version I have is the same as the most recent one, but it should be.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone. I compiled the latest FBI commit(and I'm also using the latest Luma3DS commit, that means 8.1-8845e4d as of 6/July/2017 @ 14:20 GMT+2) and the "Titles" issue is fixed. I should also note that I use a n3DS so I don't know how o3DS will fair. :V

Hereis the latest FBI build: https://www.sendspace.com/file/i1or27 (Sorry for the "sendspace" link. I keep my Google Drive and Dropbox as private as possible so I have used this throughout the years to upload and share small files)
And from here you can download the latest Luma(8.1-8845e4d): https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/ (give @astronautlevel a hug, he's doing an amazing job)

Edit: Unfortunately it seems it's not fixed yet. I just re-tested it and the n3DS froze. When I made it to work, I started scrolling the game list under "Titles" as soon as I pressed the A button - and I kept scrolling down and up. Fortunately scrolling randomly when you click on the Titles menu 'fixes' it? :/

Last edited by fr3quency,

FrimZyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright im new to homebrewing and modding but how do i install fbi on 3ds ive tried and it always says fatal error occurred and i retry 3 times and my 3ds freezes can somebody please help me im on 11.5

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reread the last line.
Must've missed that. 99 percent of these forget their firmware.
Alright im new to homebrewing and modding but how do i install fbi on 3ds ive tried and it always says fatal error occurred and i retry 3 times and my 3ds freezes can somebody please help me im on 11.5
Unless you're running a cfw, which im 80 percent sure you aren't, you cannot use fbi at all. To get a CFW (Custom FirmWare) You either need a second 3ds that already has cfw installed or a hardmod. there will soo be a method where you can use an acekard 2i along with a powersaves to install cfw, but i doubt you have these.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I missed that last time, now read what I said after that
Must've missed that. 99 percent of these forget their firmware.

Unless you're running a cfw, which im 80 percent sure you aren't, you cannot use fbi at all. To get a CFW (Custom FirmWare) You either need a second 3ds that already has cfw installed or a hardmod. there will soo be a method where you can use an acekard 2i along with a powersaves to install cfw, but i doubt you have these.

D

Deleted User

OP
FBI v2.4.9 has been released.
  • Add ETA to I/O tasks. (thanks @speed47)
  • Allow specifying a title version when installing CDN titles outside of the ticket list.
  • Display TitleDB app information during installation.
  • Enable GZIP compression on HTTP requests. (thanks @caycehouse)
  • Timeout HTTP requests after 30 seconds.
  • Update to ctrulib v1.3.0 and citro3d v1.3.0. Fixes returning to homebrew menu when launched as a 3DSX on Luma3DS.
  • Update to TitleDB API v1.
  • Fix duplicate list entries when pasting directories that already exist in target.
  • Fix HTTP request URLs not being properly encoded. (thanks @Jerry-Shaw)
  • Fix "Repeat last request" sometimes mixing multiple previous URLs.
  • servefiles: Add interactive mode, triggered when no arguments are provided. (thanks @turboclear)
  • servefiles: Add sendurls tool to directly send a list of URLs to the network installer. (thanks @connesc)
  • servefiles: Fix batch script when in directory with spaces.
  • servefiles: Fix occasional error launching again shortly after a previous use. (thanks @miniskipper)
  • servefiles: Fix Python 2 compatibility.

D

Deleted User

OP
Apparently it's titledb's fault.
"TitleDB returns all versions without an option to filter for the latest, expecting that to be done on the client's end."
To be fair, there is a way I could filter duplicates out based on the date the app was updated, which the next version of FBI will do. It's just that I had originally implemented the filtering based on title version, with the expectation that my pull request to TitleDB to add such a field wouldn't take this long to get accepted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66