• Views 1,494,635
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the built in updater update the injected FBI? Or does it have to be installed as a cia for it to update?
assuming there's a newer version, using the updater will install the newer version to SD card. you would have to make a new file to inject to update an injected FBI.

a better solution would be to install FBI to SD, and fix H&S/inject something else into it.

Reactions: insidexdeath
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It cannot. The updater would just install the standalone version, if an update was available.

assuming there's a newer version, using the updater will install the newer version to SD card. you would have to make a new file to inject to update an injected FBI.

a better solution would be to install FBI to SD, and fix H&S/inject something else into it.

Is it possible to allow FBI to update the injected version? Or is that not technically possible?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I do something wrong? I renamed the latest FBI.CIA version (2.6) to hs.app, used Universal Inject Generator and renamed FBI_inject_with_banner.app to hs.app, put it on the root of my SD card, used Decrypt9 to inject health and safety, but my FBI version 2.6 comes up with the following error:

--------FBI has encountered a fatal error!--------

Failed to open text color config: no such file or directory

-------Press any button to exit.-----------

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I do something wrong? I renamed the latest FBI.CIA version (2.6) to hs.app, used Universal Inject Generator and renamed FBI_inject_with_banner.app to hs.app, put it on the root of my SD card, used Decrypt9 to inject health and safety, but my FBI version 2.6 comes up with the following error:

--------FBI has encountered a fatal error!--------

Failed to open text color config: no such file or directory

-------Press any button to exit.-----------
You're using an outdated version of Universal Inject Generator.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When installing a CIA I made, I got this error:

Result code: 0xC8A08035
Level: Status (25)
Summary: Invalid state (5)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: <unknown> (53)

The CIA isn't even corrupt.

EDIT: Never mind, I had to make more space in the system memory.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Another 0xD8E3FBFD report.
Cannot import seed from Nintendo servers.

Failed to import seed.
Result code: 0xD8E3FBFD
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Out of range (1021)

Tried 2.2.2 and 2.2.6. Importing from file seems to work fine(tested with one title)
Saw the "fix" with deleting whole Nintendo 3DS folder, but damn... Any workaround?
A9lh Luma3ds 5.5-ae1033d9 11.0 Eur N3DS

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another 0xD8E3FBFD report.
Cannot import seed from Nintendo servers.

Failed to import seed.
Result code: 0xD8E3FBFD
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: Application (254)
Desc: Out of range (1021)

Tried 2.2.2 and 2.2.6. Importing from file seems to work fine(tested with one title)
Saw the "fix" with deleting whole Nintendo 3DS folder, but damn... Any workaround?
A9lh Luma3ds 5.5-ae1033d9 11.0 Eur N3DS
Now that's a good bug report :)

What language is your console currently set to? And can you try setting it to English if it's not currently and seeing if it works?

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Now that's a good bug report :)

What language is your console currently set to? And can you try setting it to English if it's not currently and seeing if it works?
It's currently set to Russian, changed that to English and it worked! Seed downloaded successfully. I'm impressed Oo
Just for curiosity, what exactly triggered this bug? Something charset-related and url generating i suppose?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's currently set to Russian, changed that to English and it worked! Seed downloaded successfully. I'm impressed Oo
Just for curiosity, what exactly triggered this bug? Something charset-related and url generating i suppose?
Nah, just a mismatch of a comparison. I was bored and took a look at the code :) I've opened a GitHub issue for it if you want to keep tabs on it: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/issues/131

For the time being though, using English as your language should make that feature work, if it's not too much of a hassle :)

Reactions: mironicurse

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Nah, just a mismatch of a comparison. I was bored and took a look at the code :) I've opened a GitHub issue for it if you want to keep tabs on it: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/issues/131

For the time being though, using English as your language should make that feature work, if it's not too much of a hassle :)

CFG_Region and CFG_Language mismatch, i see. Thanks for the fast issue posting! I was just too lasy to register at Github for that >_>

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Re-confirmed that FBI 2.2.6 's Delete Ticket function is actually a Disable Ticket function.
"Deleted" ticket still can be browsed by GroovyCIA.

BTW, two Chinese members 結栤の涙 and 啊特殊准备 introduced a new deleting method - Manually modify ticket.db with Hex editor, fill in the to-be-deleted ticket with all 00.
After deleting ticket with this method, the deleted tickets not only disappeared on SysNAND/EmuNAND, but also never displayed by GroovyCIA.

The hex modified ticket.db is tested safe on my both SysNAND and EmuNAND.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: 1 person

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem with network install, just kick the install, I'll try to send DoA from my pc and android device, but FBI just show if I want to install the cia a several times. What can I do?

D

Deleted User

OP
Re-confirmed that FBI 2.2.6 's Delete Ticket function is actually a Disable Ticket function.
Not exactly. The ticket database (along with all of the other title database files) is created with empty slots, and these slots are filled over time as tickets are installed. As far as the 3DS is concerned, when a ticket is deleted, it is no longer there. However, the data is still left over in the now-unused slot, so some ticket-viewing programs may report the ticket as present. The one you mentioned, for example, just looks for ticket headers within the file (https://github.com/Ptrk25/CDN-FX/bl...56cae0/src/groovycia2/TicketHandler.java#L109), rather than parsing the full database structure and paying attention to flags like that which specifies whether a slot is used and its data is valid (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_Database#Title_Entry_Format).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...