I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LOL so it worked, but I accidentally clicked the exefs.bin :yaysp:
Time to rebuild the rom :rofl:

Edit: It let me use my exefs.bin, but not my exheader.out.bin?

You might have dumped your exheader with 3DSExplorer. That will give you an incomplete file.
You need to dump it with ctrtool.

PieFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have dumped your exheader with 3DSExplorer. That will give you an incomplete file.
You need to dump it with ctrtool.

Oh maybe. I decrypted my rom (mario kart 7) back when the decryptor was first released and I was a total noob and probably used 3ds explorer. Let me go try that

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So I tried to inject the exheader into a .cci, and I got this.

QznpnGf.jpg

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I tried to inject the exheader into a .cci, and I got this.

QznpnGf.jpg

LOL another one.
I"ll stop relying on Windows built in executables. That was just the workaround I found for displaying something after the program closes when used via command line, but as we can see it's a pretty poor solution.
That error means it injected successfully. Take that as a confirmation that everything went OK.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
LOL another one.
I"ll stop relying on Windows built in executables. That was just the workaround I found for displaying something after the program closes when used via command line, but as we can see it's a pretty poor solution.
That error means it injected successfully. Take that as a confirmation that everything went OK.
And yet, the compiled PlayCoinSetter with this STILL produces a package which displays "BANNER" on the top screen and crashes the console on start. I continue to be unable to repack this thing and I've been trying for a day now...

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And yet, the compiled PlayCoinSetter with this STILL produces a package which displays "BANNER" on the top screen and crashes the console on start. I continue to be unable to repack this thing and I've been trying for a day now...
You mean after converting it to CIA? Did you repack it with '-target d' and set it to work from the SD card?
You can only 'convert' to sd application if the rom is unencrypted.

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You sound so entitled with that comment.
This guy spent his free time making this tool and decided to release it to help us...

Be a little more thankful, he doesn't owe you anything.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You mean after converting it to CIA? Did you repack it with '-target d' and set it to work from the SD card?
You can only 'convert' to sd application if the rom is unencrypted.

This is the script I'm using, adapted as well as I could. I'm unpacking a binary then makeromming it into a .cci, using your injector and then finishing the repack into a .cia. Do tell if you can find anything wrong with it:
Code:
cd /d "%~dp0"
ctrtool --exefs=extracted\exefs.bin %1
ctrtool --romfs=extracted\romfs.bin %1
ctrtool --exheader=extracted\exheader.bin %1
ctrtool --rfs=extracted\RSF.rsf
ctrtool -t exefs --exefsdir=exefs --decompresscode extracted\exefs.bin
notepad "RSF.rsf"
makerom -f cci -rsf RSF.rsf -target t -o TEMP.cci -icon exefs\icon.bin -banner exefs\banner.bin -code exefs\code.bin -exheader extracted\exheader.bin -desc ecapp:3
exinjector -rom TEMP.cci -exheader extracted\exheader.bin -sd
makerom -target t -ccitocia TEMP.cci -o "%~dp1%~n1.cia"
del TEMP.cci
cd exefs
del *.bin
cd ..
cd extracted
del *.bin
pause

You sound so entitled with that comment.
This guy spent his free time making this tool and decided to release it to help us...

Be a little more thankful, he doesn't owe you anything.
A whole array of attempts to compile this app over the past day have been failing me, with one more occurring now. It is a frustration of a day's worth of inquiry that has nothing to do with the original poster and his work, just me and my own persisting issue. I sure hope he doessn't take up your spontaneous, misguided interpretation which is completely lacking context and wasn't even asked for in the first place. He doesn't owe me anything. And certainly you don't owe me any "advice".

Reactions: Gadorach

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone post there .exheader files from games upload in .zip format ?

State what game it's 4 , I can't extract them as 3ds is up to date , but need them .

I'm after CTR-P-BZLP one .exheader files thanks .

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is the script I'm using, adapted as well as I could. I'm unpacking a binary then makeromming it into a .cci, using your injector and then finishing the repack into a .cia. Do tell if you can find anything wrong with it:
Code:
ctrtool --rfs=extracted\RSF.rsf
WAT

Also which Playcoinsetter are you using? Does it have a logo.bin inside the exefs folder?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really lost here, whats this supposed to do exactly?. I've read the 1st page but still don't really understand what it does?. Does this have something to do with the original .3ds rom file and using a CIA conversion kit to generate the .3ds rom into .cia format and not have to mess about with the rsf file?. Am I about rite on that? Sorry for sounding newbish is someone could explain a bit better please for me!.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm really lost here, whats this supposed to do exactly?. I've read the 1st page but still don't really understand what it does?. Does this have something to do with the original .3ds rom file and using a CIA conversion kit to generate the .3ds rom into .cia format and not have to mess about with the rsf file?. Am I about rite on that? Sorry for sounding newbish is someone could explain a bit better please for me!.
It does what written on the can. It gets the data from the original decrypted exheader and injects into the repacked rom, overwriting anything that was there.
It can change the application flags and convert games into SD apps only if you're using an unencrypted rom, because invalid signatures are ignored.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It does what written on the can. It gets the data from the original decrypted exheader and injects into the repacked rom, overwriting anything that was there.
It can change the application flags and convert games into SD apps only if you're using an unencrypted rom, because invalid signatures are ignored.

Then yeah but surely in that case it just does the same as what gateway rom patcher v0.7 does, extracts the header out of the original rom and then you import it into the scene rom or is that not what it does? if not I really dont understand what its for?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah but surely it just does the same as what gateway rom patcher v0.7 does, extracts the header out of the original rom and then you import it into the scene rom or is that not what it does? if not I really dont understand what its for?
Rompatcher extracts part of the NCCH header that contains that particular info used for online gaming, but it's not the exheader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock