• Replies 961
  • Likes 87

ronildo66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What option did you choose to generate this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. A RedNAND is a special type of formatting for EmuNAND, but will only work on Cakes afaik, btw.

I used the "Launcher.dat" by the browser. (3ds.reboot.ms)

Option > Complete emuNAND setup

But now with the build 20160310 everything went well with EmuNAND9 + rxTools.
"Cloning SysNAND to EmuNAND (943MB)"

Thanks! ~ :lol:

Last edited by ronildo66,
Reactions: d0k3

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, you wouldn't have guessed, new release, after someone (= me) was too fast yesterday and messed up. Nothing bad happened, though.

New in this one:
  • Actually allow to write GW EmuNANDs again
Other than this, nothing has changed.
Having problem with EmuNAND9 20160309 (I just noticed a newer version. Still the issue is huge) while testing new OTPhelper. I did a complete EMUNAND set up but can't boot into ReiNAND CFW. I tried to clone NAND.bin made by older EMUNAND9Tool, but it won't let me.

Ended up using older EMUNAND9Tool version to clone the older NAND.bin and ReiNAND CFW was able to boot into EMUNAND on first try.

Edit: Just realized, this N3DS has ninjhax 2.5 since I did the otp.bin extracting a while ago before ninjhax 2.6. I haven't updated the ninjhax. Maybe this as something to do with the issue of newer EMUNAND9Tool???

Last edited by tivu100,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Having problem with EmuNAND9 20160309 (I just noticed a newer version. Still the issue is huge) while testing new OTPhelper. I did a complete EMUNAND set up but can't boot into ReiNAND CFW. I tried to clone NAND.bin made by older EMUNAND9Tool, but it won't let me.

Ended up using older EMUNAND9Tool version to clone the older NAND.bin and ReiNAND CFW was able to boot into EMUNAND on first try.

Edit: Just realized, this N3DS has ninjhax 2.5 since I did the otp.bin extracting a while ago before ninjhax 2.6. I haven't updated the ninjhax. Maybe this as something to do with the issue of newer EMUNAND9Tool???
It would have worked with the newest version. That version you have there has a bug that makes it write RedNANDs all the time instead of GW type EmuNANDs. Teh only CFW compatible with RedNANDs right now is CakesFW, though.

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed that formatting the emuNAND with this tool on the 2DS, then the emuNAND partition is not recognized by emuNAND Tool ( the pc application). Is only my problem?

Last edited by Real.96,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I noticed that formatting the emuNAND with this tool on the 2DS, then the emuNAND partition in no recognized by emuNAND Tool ( the pc application). Is only my problem?
Don't use emuNAND tool - that thing has not been updated in ages. The new kid on the block is Multi EmuNAND Creator (even if you don't use Multi EmuNAND).

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't use emuNAND tool - that thing has not been updated in ages. The new kid on the block is Multi EmuNAND Creator (even if you don't use Multi EmuNAND).
Yes, but the problem is that Multi EmuNAND Creator is a bit unstable...so sometimes is impossible to work with it

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's an error of the past version. If you chose Complete emuNAND setup, it would have formatted redNAND and emuNAND. This error gas been fixed in this last version
I see, I assumed they were running the latest version but they never specified.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, it's an error of the past version. If you chose Complete emuNAND setup, it would have formatted redNAND and emuNAND. This error gas been fixed in this last version
Actually they say it's the latest version...

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see, I assumed they were running the latest version but they never specified.

Actually they say it's the latest version...
Impossible. I also had the same problem, but yesterday i downloaded the last versione and it worked. It'also written that this problem has been fixed

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
It would have worked with the newest version. That version you have there has a bug that makes it write RedNANDs all the time instead of GW type EmuNANDs. Teh only CFW compatible with RedNANDs right now is CakesFW, though.

so EmuNAND9 20160310 works fine?. i realize yesterday regarding this issue when using guide for a4lh.

emunand (created by Emunand9) cannot boot after updating/downgrade with sysupdater while my other 3ds emunand created by gateway works fine after using sysupdater.

so what should i do?. recreate emunand partition using newest version?.

Plailect, you should update your guide using newest Emunand9. Im using your guide yesterday, your link refer to old emunand9

Last edited by innercy,

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so EmuNAND9 20160310 works fine?. i realize yesterday regarding this issue when using guide for a4lh.

emunand (created by Emunand9) cannot boot after updating/downgrade with sysupdater while my other 3ds emunand created by gateway works fine after using sysupdater.

so what should i do?. recreate emunand partition using newest version?.

Plailect, you should update your guide using newest Emunand9. Im using your guide yesterday, your link refer to old emunand9
It links directly to the releases page...

Now it works?
Yes

Reactions: Real.96 and innercy

stunner2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I fixed the problem by updating back to 10.3 then RE-downgrading to 9.2, after that emunand9 ran just fine.
This issue is a bit older but I faced it today and was pretty stuck because SysUpdater wasn't working (Failed to get CIA info) and I didn't know how to update with SafeSysUpdater.
So after trying a lot of things I just reapplied FW 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater and it updated one more .cia file from the updates folder. This solved everything. EmuNAND9 is working finally :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh, strange issue. I just made an emunand backup prior to updating to 10.7 and while it normally took around 8-9 minutes, it took nearly 70 minutes now. My microsd is a good sandisk one and is merely three months old. What could the reason be?

Last edited by wurstpistole,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh, strange issue. I just made an emunand backup prior to updating to 10.7 and while it normally took around 8-9 minutes, it took nearly 70 minutes now. My microsd is a good sandisk one and is merely three months old. What could the reason be?
I'd say, strange hardware quirk. This happens at times, and if you try again, it might work as before (if you can, confirm this after a reboot). Ths SD card reader inside the 3DS is not of the best quality, too.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd say, strange hardware quirk. This happens at times, and if you try again, it might work as before (if you can, confirm this after a reboot). Ths SD card reader inside the 3DS is not of the best quality, too.
Mabye I should also update to latest version. Still using some of the very first versions.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@d0k3 do you recommend multiemunand creator if someone wants two emunands or is there another tool that is better? (emunand9tool does not support multiple emunands right?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown