ROM Hack [Release] Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 3 NTR Plugin

Shazamtrios

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you say that? Ive used this on a us console just fine.
Well then what am I doing wrong that they don't work? I've tried the NTR method and nothing happens to indicate ntr is working with them and when I try the 3gx my game crashes but it acknowledges it is working.

oldmanshoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ManCloud, I would to thank you for being so helpful and philanthropic to this thread and users, I myself have not played this game, but have been very interested in playing. I was wondering if it's possible to make a cheat that would modify monster encounters. Similar to a Terry's world cheat
"[Fight Monster] 0057ECDC 00000XXX" and the "XXX" being a value representing each monster
I'm hesitant to play this game knowing there will be unobtainable monsters I might want in the game (Like slider girl). Maybe there is a way to have a list of hexadecimals generated via monster stats. I found a Japanese website listing all DQMJ3 base stats, but I'm not allowed to post a hyperlink as a new member. It's just something I'm throwing as I know little to nothing about hacking or coding. Thank you for your consideration!

benkapow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem i`d try to help everyone^_^
nothing happens when i do everything you said? I just loads up the game like normal

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The plugin folder must be created by you on the root of your sd card.and in the "plugin" folder their must be the title id of the game you want to cheat with the plugin. example for dqmj3 is folder name:"000400000016AD00" <- This is the name of the folder in the plugin directory. (the title id
is different by every game)

Sd/plugin/000400000016AD00/plugin.plg

Then you have to start boot ntr (not the boot ntr mode 3)
(If you dont have boot ntr, you can find it on google as .cia format and simply install it with fbi)
Start boot ntr and
Wait until its finished, then start the game, if the loading screen is flashing green youve done all correctly

Then press "select"
I hope i could help :)
i did everything and the game loads up like normal but nothing happens do i have to name either of the folders Sd/plugin/000400000017AD00/plugin.plg or no?

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@benkapow you need to use the latest Luma with plugin support. And the plugin needs to go to sd/Luma/plugin/<gameID>/plugin.3gx (structure is also in the archive).

https://github.com/Nanquitas/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.2.1

@oldmanshoe yes it is possible to create a monster encounter modifier.
But unfortunately not in a way it was in TW.

All modified monsters would be marked as invalid, as we still don't know how the CRCs are generated.

I once had an "invalid monsters" section inside of my plugins but removed it because I was afraid of demands for "fixing" the broken monsters.

Gesendet von meinem Mi 9 Lite mit Tapatalk

Last edited by ManCloud,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@benkapow you need to use the latest Luma with plugin support. And the plugin needs to go to sd/Luma/plugin/<gameID>/plugin.3gx (structure is also in the archive).

That plugin format isnt compatible with this plugin file. You need the Ntr boot app which launches these types of older plugin files.

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't get what you want to say?!?
The CTRPF plugin is in 3gx format, which is Luma compatible and does not need NTR-Boot

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get what you want to say?!?
The CTRPF plugin is in 3gx format, which is Luma compatible and does not need NTR-Boot

Had this plugin been updated to support 3gx? Last I used of this was back as a ctrpf file with the .plg file.

ManCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Already on it ^^

The codes you mentioned won't be included in the v0.1 but maybe in the v0.2 ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch