Hacking Gaming Misc Others Project [Release] Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition Save Editor (Switch) v1.0

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I am here today to post version 1.0 of my project, a save editor for the Nintendo Switch version of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition. This project was originally started by @Green Mii, who at one point abandoned the project, but with their blessing, I picked up where they left off, and now it is ready for an initial release! Here is a list of supported features, with more on the way:

• Full party editing, including skills, stats, and the like. You could set every Digimon in your party to use 0 Party Memory if you wanted. Stats are limited to the displayable maximum for the base values, but more can be added using the bonus stats feature for each stay.
  • Editing certain character data, like the character name, gender (Cyber sleuth only), money, rank, and CSP/Hacker Points. Inventory editing is planned for last, but I will desire a helper to implement it once the time comes.
  • Coming in v2.0 - Editing DigiFarm Digimon and character Party Memory.
  • Coming in v3.0 - Editing inventory, and fixing the pesky bug regarding equippable items (more on that below).
  • Requestable but not currently planned - DigiBank editing, and an option to allow setting all Digimon's scan data to max on save.
Known bugs:

• When giving an equipment item or accessory to a Digimon, it is impossible to remove it in-game due to their integration with the inventory data. This will be fixed in v3.0, and a temporary workaround is to remove or change it in the save editor every time.

Download on GitHub

1711486015679.png

1711486070165.png

1711486083798.png

1711486094603.png

1711486110251.png

Attachments

• DigimonStorySaveEditor.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 15

cybe13

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

Just found this save editor and it was to ask how i could find the proper save file for it? since i can't find it on my switch or don't know how to find it. if you could direct me how i could get the save data it would be much appreciated.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Just found this save editor and it was to ask how i could find the proper save file for it? since i can't find it on my switch or don't know how to find it. if you could direct me how i could get the save data it would be much appreciated.
You need a hacked Switch with Atmosphere CFW (custom firmware) and a save file extracting app like Checkpoint in order to get your save file. Installing Atmosphere can be done for free only with the first model of Nintendo Switch, with a very low XAW or XAJ serial number, and a full guide to custom firmware can be found at https://switch.hacks.guide/ . Note that if you have a patched model, you will need to hardmod your Switch, which requires purchasing a PicoFly modchip and soldering it (extremely difficult, as the solder points on the Switch are VERY tiny) properly, or paying over $100 to ship your Switch to a TRUSTED hardmodder (you would pay for shipping both ways in addition to the hardmodding work/supplies yourself) and wait for it to get back to you. In either case, you'll end up spending at least $120 if you don't have a high end soldering kit and solder/flux, and if you fail to do it correctly yourself, you will basically have a Switch that is broken beyond repair (even if you've soldered before, unless you have done micro-level soldering in the past and can do it without any effort, it is HIGHLY recommended to have a professional do it for you).

Also, if you have a decent gaming PC (I recommend against running it on a laptop, by the way; your laptop will overheat within less than an hour of playing some games), you can play the game in Ryujinx, a Nintendo Switch emulator, and straight up edit your save file directly from the emulator save folder. Other than that there are no other options.

The whole reason why your Switch has to be modded is because Switch saves (and everything else on the microSD card) are encrypted at least 4 times in 4 different ways, and without custom firmware, getting the keys to decrypt the files on the system is impossible; even for a non-existant PC with 1TB of RAM, a 20,000 GHz 100-core processor, and the fastest solid state drive on the market. It would still take over 200 years to decrypt just one 'master key' out of several currently available, even with those currently-impossible specs. That is how good the Switch's encryption is, and why a softmod is impossible on it, in addition to the fact that there are no bugs left to exploit due to the fact that the Switch's OS is tiny, less than 200MB, and all currently known bugs cannot be used in any way to gain kernel-level access, only basic userland access at best, which cannot decrypt files at all. We have reverse engineered the entire source code of the Switch's OS, and there are literally no bugs like that to exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!