Homebrew [RELEASE] CtrBootManager9

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quoting this suggested fix from the AuReiNand thread so the info doesn't get lost:
Ah, I tried BootCtr9. This one actually has the dirty start.s.
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/CtrBootManager/blob/a9lh/source/arm9/source/bs-start.s
Replace with https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/blob/master/source/abstraction/bs-start.s, change .section .text.start to .section ".init".

However @Orkna compiled it and said it doesn't work:
This gave me the same result. Black screen.

Reactions: dmc310

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I tried. Following the instructions and built my own version but it still gives me black screen. Had to add back the lines removed from AuReiNand but thats not optimal.
AuReiNand gets regular updates, CtrBootManager9 does not. :)

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I tried. Following the instructions and built my own version but it still gives me black screen. Had to add back the lines removed from AuReiNand but thats not optimal.
AuReiNand gets regular updates, CtrBootManager9 does not. :)
I think you must have made a mistake somewhere because I just compiled it myself with the fix and it's loading fine on the latest build from http://astronautlevel2.github.io/AuReiNand/ (67e229e).

Thanks @Aurora Wright!

Edit: @Xsze discovered why this build isn't working for some people:
For those who still get a black screen with the fixed build of CtrBootManager9 with the last ARN build, try to delete your CBM9'Background images (top and bot).

Don't know why but the fixed build can't open the images.bin and we get stuck to the black lighted screen.

Attachments

• def_CtrBootManager9.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,510
Last edited by Doopl,

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Used your build. Same thing. Black screen, backlight on.
Using the latest noscreeninit a9lh from Aurora Wright
I've double checked, the build in the OP (v05) does what you describe but my own build works fine for me. I use Aurora's noscreeninit a9lh too, but it's from a few weeks ago so it doesn't have the latest commits.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
I've double checked, the build in the OP (v05) does what you describe but my own build works fine for me. I use Aurora's noscreeninit a9lh too, but it's from a few weeks ago so it doesn't have the latest commits.

Do you still have stage1 and stage2, please share :)

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by jimmyleen,
Reactions: Doopl

Xsze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For those who still get a black screen with the fixed build of CtrBootManager9 with the last ARN build, try to delete your CBM9'Background images (top and bot).

Don't know why but the fixed build can't open the images.bin and we get stuck to the black lighted screen.

Last edited by Xsze,
Reactions: Orkna and Doopl

Xsze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I did read it but I don't understand what you mean by "CBM9'Background images (top and bot)" is this like an image file that came with CBM9
if you don't know what is it you can forgot aubout it, it won't be that.

whitch build of cbm9 are you using? 0.5 of the first page or the one on top of this page?
how do you boot into it? you use luma,salt,... to boot it as a payload? or is it you main arm9haxloader.bin?

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you don't know what is it you can forgot aubout it, it won't be that.

whitch build of cbm9 are you using? 0.5 of the first page or the one on top of this page?
how do you boot into it? you use luma,salt,... to boot it as a payload? or is it you main arm9haxloader.bin?
I just updated from aureinand to Luma I am also using A9LH

yigit007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For Cakes, I enter 0x12000 as my offset. Then, if I boot Decrypt9 from the boot menu, and press Start while in D9 to reboot, I return to D9 instead of my default choice (Cakes). In addition, the offset value of Cakes is converted from hex to decimal (73728), which does not boot Cakes. Is this a bug?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: