Hacking Translation [Release] Clannad PS Vita English Version

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Today's a good day when this appears in my output.
224htTc.png

Progress Update 21/02/23

So I can finally put the script section into DONE. Is it perfect? Nope! Otherwise I'd list it as FINAL. But that above message tells me that there is no external errors and everyone is able to go through the game will minimal mess ups. And said mess ups are probably things like the choice dialogue being too big, but nothing that will hurt the experience too much.

*Less than an hour after I post this, I can put System Messages into DONE.

So what's next?

In essence, finalize system messages*, make a decision with those funny variables, hopefully find more in-game mess ups**, cleanup, patch it, and release!

*Not that possible to see every system message. Some are edge cases such as when loading save data fails.
**Not a priority, if I wanted the script to be FINAL I'd need to go through all of CLANNAD's text and look carefully... that would probably take 80+ hours of my life.

About Those Variables

Considering my lack of knowledge in eboot modification, here's my two choices.
  • Keep them untranslated (not ideal)
  • Default the variables to the particular name.
What this means is the interchanging names will be stuck as 1. This is the easiest solution, but will result in some text looking like below.

Nagisa
Tomoya-kun, don't you feel sorry for her yelling at her like that?

Girl
Huh? Ah, sure.

Nagisa
Er... What are you doing...

Keep in mind that's the same person talking, but the variables were defaulted to Nagisa.

This doesn't happen often in-game, and the example I gave was me taking random text excerpts. But that thing will happen a few times. Not the greatest but it's the best i got.

As per usual, I don't have an ETA. It's done when it's done.

Thank you all for your patience throughout this project. I've had a lot going on so I haven't been able to focus much on this project. But I'm not abandoning this until it's done, however long it may take.

See you soon!

Last edited by FineThenIWill,

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Today's a good day when this appears in my output.
224htTc.png

Progress Update 21/02/23

So I can finally put the script section into DONE. Is it perfect? Nope! Otherwise I'd list it as FINAL. But that above message tells me that there is no external errors and everyone is able to go through the game will minimal mess ups. And said mess ups are probably things like the choice dialogue being too big, but nothing that will hurt the experience too much.

*Less than an hour after I post this, I can put System Messages into DONE.

So what's next?

In essence, finalize system messages*, make a decision with those funny variables, hopefully find more in-game mess ups**, cleanup, patch it, and release!

*Not that possible to see every system message. Some are edge cases such as when loading save data fails.
**Not a priority, if I wanted the script to be FINAL I'd need to go through all of CLANNAD's text and look carefully... that would probably take 80+ hours of my life.

About Those Variables

Considering my lack of knowledge in eboot modification, here's my two choices.
  • Keep them untranslated (not ideal)
  • Default the variables to the particular name.
What this means is the interchanging names will be stuck as 1. This is the easiest solution, but will result in some text looking like below.

Nagisa
Tomoya-kun, don't you feel sorry for her yelling at her like that?

Girl
Huh? Ah, sure.

Nagisa
Er... What are you doing...

Keep in mind that's the same person talking, but the variables were defaulted to Nagisa.

This doesn't happen often in-game, and the example I gave was me taking random text excerpts. But that thing will happen a few times. Not the greatest but it's the best i got.

As per usual, I don't have an ETA. It's done when it's done.

Thank you all for your patience throughout this project. I've had a lot going on so I haven't been able to focus much on this project. But I'm not abandoning this until it's done, however long it may take.

See you soon!
This will be big news once it releases! Good luck with finalizing the project.

Reactions: FineThenIWill

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's done.
CBM2nj7.png

Now all that's left is to make the release post here and on relevant vita subreddits.

I'm not sure whether to edit this thread's post or make a new one. The problem is I can't change titles so I really don't want to have a giant WIP in the thread title when it's not anymore, but I should of planned ahead on that. (not sure if mods can edit thread titles or not)

Everything is ready to go, I'm just not sure whether to make a new post or edit this one.

I'm leaning towards editing this post and sucking it up with the WIP just sitting there, but what do you guys think?

Well I don't really have the time to be working on solo projects anymore. But I do have a POC of Himawari right now, just don't get your hopes up that this will actually happen anytime soon.
wD08npD.png

See you.. soon this time!

Last edited by FineThenIWill,

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm leaning towards editing this post and sucking it up with the WIP just sitting there, but what do you guys think?
I think you can edit the first post on this thread to show the most recent update.
And if you want to change thread title, you can ask a GBAtemp mod.

Also, stoked for this release. Ill definitely check out the reddit threads as well.

Last edited by Spazzery,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
It's done.
CBM2nj7.png

Now all that's left is to make the release post here and on relevant vita subreddits.

I'm not sure whether to edit this thread's post or make a new one. The problem is I can't change titles so I really don't want to have a giant WIP in the thread title when it's not anymore, but I should of planned ahead on that. (not sure if mods can edit thread titles or not)

Everything is ready to go, I'm just not sure whether to make a new post or edit this one.

Well I don't really have the time to be working on solo projects anymore. But I do have a POC of Himawari right now, just don't get your hopes up that this will actually happen anytime soon.
wD08npD.png

See you.. soon this time!
Thank you so much for this project! Just let me know what you want the title changed to and I'll fix it for you. We can also put the project on the front page :)

Reactions: FineThenIWill

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this project! Just let me know what you want the title changed to and I'll fix it for you. We can also put the project on the front page :)

Hey!

Thanks for the offer to change! That's awesome! If you could change the WIP to Release that'd be great!

The front page is fine by me, didn't think this patch would get that publicity.

Oh yeah the patch is out, enjoy reading Clannad everyone!

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I use the windows file it says xdelta3 mismatch xd3 invalid input can anyone help
Make sure to follow steps 2-4 carefully. That error can happen if you copied the files without decrpyting them and/or connected via usb, copying the protected files with an invalid checksum.

ryt00

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
while copying the repatch folder into ux0 I was asked if I want to rename or overwrite two different files which I chose to overwrite. Was that supposed to happen?

Edit: Turns out it was a software related issue. I handled it. Thanks for the patch!

Last edited by ryt00,

Yosh304

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, im just wondering, what I'm need to do when I copied and paste the files from "PCSG00415"? I pasted the that file on the Input folder of this patch, and then I try to open Windows.bat and it just nothing happen, pls I need help, maybe I'm doing something wrong, sorry im new on this :/??
Post automatically merged:

Well, im just wondering, what I'm need to do when I copied and paste the files from "PCSG00415"? I pasted the that file on the Input folder of this patch, and then I try to open Windows.bat and it just nothing happen, pls I need help, maybe I'm doing something wrong, sorry im new on this :/??
im gonna explain what I did
1- I dowload clannad from PKGJ and install rePatch
2- Then I move to Vitashell ux0/app/PCSG00415 hit triangle and click "Open decrypted"
3- I connect my ps vita and copied the files then move to other folder then moved to the "input" folder that is in this patch
after that im not sure what else to pls help:ccc

Last edited by Yosh304,

FineThenIWill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Post automatically merged:

im gonna explain what I did
1- I dowload clannad from PKGJ and install rePatch
2- Then I move to Vitashell ux0/app/PCSG00415 hit triangle and click "Open decrypted"
3- I connect my ps vita and copied the files then move to other folder then moved to the "input" folder that is in this patch
after that im not sure what else to pls help:ccc
If via USB first copy the files listed to another place on your vita (ensure you clicked "Open Decrypted") then take those files that you copied on the vita into the input folder.

CaseyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the included instructions could use some work. there's multiple instances of not specifying whether a task is done on the vita or pc, and not specifying the locations of files and folders. without these details, people not fully experienced with vita homebrew are going to have to repeatedly look things up, guess your meaning, and spend a lot of excess time and energy setting this up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol