Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Progamer444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
must be the data in the system whenever you got updates because mine does it too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know how to stop Mario Kart 7 data from getting corrupted abd automatically formating?

Any version but yours can be downgraded. You're out of luck.
how do i downgrade it?

kikoola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once someone contributes the titlekey, it will be available for download with CIAngel. There is a "download wings.json" option (And the app yells at you if your wings.json is over 3 days old) to automatically update the local cache of the community database.

Makes sense to me, thanks for letting me know.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
must be the data in the system whenever you got updates because mine does it too

Anyone know how to stop Mario Kart 7 data from getting corrupted abd automatically formating?

how do i downgrade it?
You cannot downgrade your current version.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*bump* Is there any reason why my download speeds are suddenly <300kbps when it was 1300kbps previously? I know its not my internet as freeshop downloads at its usual normal speeds.
Not really. We haven't released a new version in a while, nothing is really all that special about how we write or download files.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really. We haven't released a new version in a while, nothing is really all that special about how we write or download files.

It's really strange then. FBI downloads from CND at roughly same speeds as freeshop but for some reason ciangel has been really slow.

Will be testing on my 2nd n3ds to see if its the same.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Suggestion: First check the game size to see if there is enough space on the SD card, then start downloading the game. I downloaded a game with a very slow connection and at about 85 % it said "Install failed" because apparently my SD card was full ...

Or is it not possible to get the game size from the eShop servers?

Last edited by leseratte,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Suggestion: First check the game size to see if there is enough space on the SD card, then start downloading the game. I downloaded a game with a very slow connection and at about 85 % it said "Install failed" because apparently my SD card was full ...

Or is it not possible to get the game size from the eShop servers?
We probably can, it's just not info that's easily available through our current data source. I'll open an issue on github if one doesn't exist

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We probably can, it's just not info that's easily available through our current data source. I'll open an issue on github if one doesn't exist
This sounds like an issue that can be fixed just by showing free space remaining. Instead of making it where it won't let you if there not enough room, have it show how much free space there is and let the user be the judge.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sounds like an issue that can be fixed just by showing free space remaining. Instead of making it where it won't let you if there not enough room, have it show how much free space there is and let the user be the judge.
Either way, the user would need to know the size of the game (Meaning we need to know the size of the game). If we just show 2GB free, and the user tries to install Xenoblade, they're in for a bad time.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, the user would need to know the size of the game (Meaning we need to know the size of the game). If we just show 2GB free, and the user tries to install Xenoblade, they're in for a bad time.
I'm getting the funny feeling that I forgot a few things about how this works cause it has been a little while since I've used it.

I was thinking it showed game size on the bottom screen. I really need to get more than 3 hours sleep one of these days.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting the funny feeling that I forgot a few things about how this works cause it has been a little while since I've used it.

I was thinking it showed game size on the bottom screen. I really need to get more than 3 hours sleep one of these days.
Lol, yeah. I'm sure we can get size somehow, just need to find a way that doesn't cause lag every time you look at a different game

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, yeah. I'm sure we can get size somehow, just need to find a way that doesn't cause lag every time you look at a different game
Gonna sound crazy but how about having the size of each game included in a resource file of some sort. Like in or with the json file.

It would keep from having to do a lookup online each and every time you open a file but at the expense of a little space taken up on the SD card.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna sound crazy but how about having the size of each game included in a resource file of some sort. Like in or with the json file.

It would keep from having to do a lookup online each and every time you open a file but at the expense of a little space taken up on the SD card.
Problem with that is we no longer control the json file, we use the one generated by the title key site (which the creator of the site nicely made almost identical to ours ;)). I may see if I can get in touch with him about it though.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem with that is we no longer control the json file, we use the one generated by the title key site (which the creator of the site nicely made almost identical to ours ;)). I may see if I can get in touch with him about it though.

I would like to see a sub-category field as well. Something that would mention the platform (i.e. NES, SNES, eShop).

fehmi1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shameless shows the size of games. It also says 'Downloading new sizes' when you update its database so I am guessing it fetches them from some database.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shameless shows the size of games. It also says 'Downloading new sizes' when you update its database so I am guessing it fetches them from some database.
Shameless also has the perk of being a PC application, which is a loooot easier to do certain things on (Like threading grabbing game sizes). I should probably figure out the 3ds threading stuff at some point.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

fehmi1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shameless also has the perk of being a PC application, which is a loooot easier to do certain things on (Like threading grabbing game sizes). I should probably figure out the 3ds threading stuff at some point.
Hope you can figure it out! I usually check for the game size from Shameless before installing it from CIAngel but it would be cool to have the size information on CIAngel too :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk