Hacking [Release] CIAKonPack - New CIA converter , make cia so easy

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are several tools that can do region free & spoof
I tried your modified pyton script for generating only the exheader xorpad on n3ds and it worked flawlessy. Anyway I must say that with last commit decrypt9 has boosted the decryption speed.
Would be cool to have a batch, a single ncchinfo file for multiple rom, to avoid to take in and out the msdcard.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried your modified pyton script for generating only the exheader xorpad on n3ds and it worked flawlessy. Anyway I must say that with last commit decrypt9 has boosted the decryption speed.
Would be cool to have a batch, a single ncchinfo file for multiple rom, to avoid to take in and out the msdcard.

You can do batch xorpads in a single ncchinfo.bin. Just select however many games for example lets say 10, select all 10 then drag n drop on the ncchinfo_gen.py script and it will spit out an ncchinfo.bin file with all the xorpad names in it for decryption for the amount of games you dropped on it. :)

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can do batch xorpads in a single ncchinfo.bin. Just select however many games for example lets say 10, select all 10 then drag n drop on the ncchinfo_gen.py script and it will spit out an ncchinfo.bin file with all the xorpad names in it for decryption for the amount of games you dropped on it. :)
Wow i must try :). Anyway great job with decrypt9 now is way faster than before, was it just a coding issue?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow i must try :). Anyway great job with decrypt9 now is way faster than before, was it just a coding issue?

I assume so yes, i didn't fix it though. I just manually added the recent changes from Archshifts bootstrap branch to my bootstrap-MOD branch.. https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9/commits/bootstrap

But yeah it works a hell of a lot faster now, i did xenoblade chronicles (full xorpads, so about 4gb) BEFORE the changes, took about 4-5 hours, did it yesterday after changes, took about half an hour. :)

Reactions: night_hawk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I assume so yes, i didn't fix it though. I just manually added the recent changes from Archshifts bootstrap branch to my bootstrap-MOD branch.. https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9/commits/bootstrap

But yeah it works a hell of a lot faster now, i did xenoblade chronicles (full xorpads, so about 4gb) BEFORE the changes, took about 4-5 hours, did it yesterday after changes, took about half an hour. :)
do you know if Archshift has looked into the new encryption format used on 9.6+ that uses the SEEDDB file for encryption?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice job!
I was finally able to convert Bloo Kid 2 EUR to cia.

The only problem now is how do I make it region-free?
I'm currently trying it in GW mode and it's stalled at the Nintendo 3DS screen.
I tried going on eshop to make the game run, but it's the USA eshop... so no dice

I'm not comfortable doing this in Pasta / Region spoof + eshop spoof yet...

Anybody have access to the RF version yet?
(I have the USA DSiWare version, but I can't use that on GW...)

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yup, this worked perfectly so you only have to run Decrypt9 once

Reactions: 2Hack

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, I now know that "I tried going on eshop to make the game run, but it's the USA eshop... so no dice" works with Attack_on_Titan-Humanity_in_Chains-eshop_USA.
So, O3DS 4.x on Emunand 9.7 WORKS!

I just need to find a way to create Region-Free cias for these troublesome games...

Time to try Cube Creator 3D USA eshop next...

Edit: Workee :lol:
Edit2: Hmmm, what an idiot, the game HAS to be on the USA eshop, right?
So even if I make the euro one RF, it still won't work :wacko:
Ok, so case closed

Edit3: "I have the USA DSiWare version, but I can't use that on GW..."
Say what? It worked, just needed to visit good ol eshop :toot:

smasbros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got this working on Linux (and I assume it will work on Windows as well) via Decrypt9 on my N3DS.

1. Place these tools in the tools folder (if you are doing this on Windows, you can skip this step)
  2. Generate your xorpads like normal via Decrypt9 through ninjhax
  3. Take the exheader xorpad from the root of your SD card and place it in the xorpad folder
  4. rename the xorpad by removing ".Main' and making all of the letters to lower case in the titleid (i.e. 000400000015B200.Main.exheader.xorpad -> 000400000015b200.exheader.xorpad
  5. run 'convert.py' (make sure the .3DS of the game you are making into a .CIA is in the rom folder)
  6. press Enter
  7. Wait for the script to do its thing until you get a message about the .CIA being completed
Now this is not perfect nor the most desirable way to go about it, but for now it seems to be a okay band-aid solution

EDIT: I edited the 'ncchinfo_gen.py' that comes with Decrypt9 sot that it just gives you the exheader xorpad and nothing else. Plus I made it spit out the file name so that it does not need to be renamed after being put in the xorpad folder.
You can view the changed source here or download

For the step 2 , which option you had selected after load the decrypt9 through ninjhax on N3DS? how to take the exheader xorpad by this step?
A: NCCH padgen
B: SD Padgen
X: Titlekey Decryption
Y: NAND Padgen

BTW, I only got a file named s with 1MB size in N3DS sd card after I pressed A to go.

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the step 2 , which option you had selected after load the decrypt9 through ninjhax on N3DS? how to take the exheader xorpad by this step?

BTW, I only got a file named s with 1MB size in N3DS sd card after I pressed A to go.
Oh my apologies, I used ncchinfo_gen.py that comes with Decrypt9 to generate the ncchinfo.bin file. I did NOT use the ncchinfo.bin that ciakonpack generated.

On a aside, renaming the 's' file you got to the header ciakonpack is looking for will make the cia get stuck on the 3DS logo when you boot the .cia

smasbros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my apologies, I used ncchinfo_gen.py that comes with Decrypt9 to generate the ncchinfo.bin file. I did NOT use the ncchinfo.bin that ciakonpack generated.

On a aside, renaming the 's' file you got to the header ciakonpack is looking for will make the cia get stuck on the 3DS logo when you boot the .cia

Used the ncchinfo_gen.py and also ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py you provided , both flash to exit within a second after running them. How did you make your special ncchinfo.bin?

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used the ncchinfo_gen.py and also ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py you provided , both flash to exit within a second after running them. How did you make your special ncchinfo.bin?

This is how i use it via terminal/command prompt:
Code:
python ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py 'game1.3ds' 'game2.3ds'

Or apparently if you are using the Windows file explorer you can drag and drop the .3ds file(s) onto the python script and it will do its thing

It should not take more than a second for the script to spit out the ncchinfo.bin file

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

Use the first option, A: NCCH padgen (games), well anything to do with NCCHINFO.bin really.

B is for eshop stuff/generating xorpads for stuff already installed on your sd card (SDInfo.bin)
X is for decrypting titlekeys (encTitleKeys.bin), so you could redownload eshop titles etc you have with one of the various tools out there, for eg: cdn_download.py)
Y is for generating your nand fat16 xorpad.

Reactions: Melon__Bread

smasbros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is how i use it via terminal/command prompt:
Code:
python ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py 'game1.3ds' 'game2.3ds'

Or apparently if you are using the Windows file explorer you can drag and drop the .3ds file(s) onto the python script and it will do its thing

It should not take more than a second for the script to spit out the ncchinfo.bin file

But after I did as you told me in winPC, the step 6 still asking for 1 more xorpad file(s) even if I put right xorpad files (generated through decrypt9 ninjhax press A to load right ncchinfo.bin/slot0x25keyX.bin ) into xorpads folder. What's wrong with it?

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But after I did as you told me in winPC, the step 6 still asking for 1 more xorpad file(s) even if I put right xorpad files (generated through decrypt9 ninjhax press A to load right ncchinfo.bin/slot0x25keyX.bin ) into xorpads folder. What's wrong with it?

Assuming you placed the xorpads in cikonpack's xorpad folder, make sure the xorpad is following the naming conventions that your script is looking for. If you used ncchinfo_gen.py you will need to rename the xorpad as mentioned here:
4. rename the xorpad by removing ".Main' and making all of the letters to lower case in the titleid (EXAMPLE: 000400000015B200.Main.exheader.xorpad -> 000400000015b200.exheader.xorpad

if you used the ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py script the files should be ready to go and work as is, that is as long as they are in ciakon's xorpad folder.

EDIT: if you put
Code:
print outname
right after line 73 on your convert.py script it will tell you the EXACT name of the file it is looking for in the xorpad folder

smasbros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming you placed the xorpads in cikonpack's xorpad folder, make sure the xorpad is following the naming conventions that your script is looking for. If you used ncchinfo_gen.py you will need to rename the xorpad as mentioned here:

if you used the ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py script the files should be ready to go and work as is, that is as long as they are in ciakon's xorpad folder.

EDIT: if you put
Code:
print outname
right after line 73 on your convert.py script it will tell you the EXACT name of the file it is looking for in the xorpad folder

Here I did all:
I got ncchinfo.bin as you told me did (drag&drop 3ds roms files on ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py script , it was running with processes to complete and the ncchinfo.bin file had been created)
I copied ncchinfo.bin to ciakonpack's /sdcard
I got slot0x25keyX.bin and also copied it to ciakonpack's /sdcard
I copied those of ciakonpack's /sdcard to my N3DS sd card ROOT folder
I run ninjhax to load decrypt9 and run A to load ncchinfo.bin/slot0x25keyX.bin and press START to reboot
I found two xorpad files created on my N3DS sd card ( 00040000000a8c00.exheader.xorpad 0004000000034300.exheader.xorpad )
I copied this two xorpad file to ciakonpack's xorpads folder
I run the ciakonpack's convert.py and got a message for requiring 1 more xorpad file(s) to stop

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here I did all:
I got ncchinfo.bin as you told me did (drag&drop 3ds roms files on ncchinfo_gen-exheader.py script , it was running with processes to complete and the ncchinfo.bin file had been created)
I copied ncchinfo.bin to ciakonpack's /sdcard
I got slot0x25keyX.bin and also copied it to ciakonpack's /sdcard
I copied those of ciakonpack's /sdcard to my N3DS sd card ROOT folder
I run ninjhax to load decrypt9 and run A to load ncchinfo.bin/slot0x25keyX.bin and press START to reboot
I found two xorpad files created on my N3DS sd card ( 00040000000a8c00.exheader.xorpad 0004000000034300.exheader.xorpad )
I copied this two xorpad file to ciakonpack's xorpads folder
I run the ciakonpack's convert.py and got a message for requiring 1 more xorpad file(s) to stop

Hmmmm, and you do not have any extra roms in the roms folder?

Also do not know if this is the issue, but you do not need slot0x25keysX.bin on your 3DS when using Derypt9 when you make your xorpads

Reactions: 2Hack and smasbros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully