duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Problem is not related to CHMM2 so cause it edits only these files.
Well, I beg to differ. Never had a problem with freezing or crashing prior to installing CHMM2. Installed CIA of CHMM2 to emunand. Seemed to work but the background music of the theme suddenly stopped, followed by system freezing when accessing anything on the home menu. Restored default theme, and uninstalled CHMM2 and the freezing issue remained. Tried the fix of resetting shuffling themes in the system home menu, but the freezing persisted. Ditched 000002ce and 00000098 from my emunand extdata and it still freezes when accessing notifications.
The only change to my system between it working fine and these issues was the installation of CHMM2.
It could be entirely unrelated, but that seems unlikely.

edit

I seem to have fixed it... Found that CHMM2 had created a cfg file in my themes folder - deleted that and deleted the extdata again. So far no freezing when entering notifications etc.

Last edited by duwen,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I beg to differ. Never had a problem with freezing or crashing prior to installing CHMM2. Installed CIA of CHMM2 to emunand. Seemed to work but the background music of the theme suddenly stopped, followed by system freezing when accessing anything on the home menu. Restored default theme, and uninstalled CHMM2 and the freezing issue remained. Tried the fix of resetting shuffling themes in the system home menu, but the freezing persisted. Ditched 000002ce and 00000098 from my emunand extdata and it still freezes when accessing notifications.
The only change to my system between it working fine and these issues was the installation of CHMM2.
It could be entirely unrelated, but that seems unlikely.

edit

I seem to have fixed it... Found that CHMM2 had created a cfg file in my themes folder - deleted that and deleted the extdata again. So far no freezing when entering notifications etc.

cfg file is only for favorite colors UI loading.

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay im having a weird problem, one n3ds 10.1.0 27 i set my n3ds to no theme, open ironhax and chmm2 and set 6 themes to shuffle, i get a memory error (they worked in my o3ds) but if i rrtry after the rrror they install, but loading the home menu only shows one, and if i close the system and open it it resets to no theme.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay im having a weird problem, one n3ds 10.1.0 27 i set my n3ds to no theme, open ironhax and chmm2 and set 6 themes to shuffle, i get a memory error (they worked in my o3ds) but if i rrtry after the rrror they install, but loading the home menu only shows one, and if i close the system and open it it resets to no theme.
Try setting Shuffle Favorites to two basic first. I don't know if this will solve the "memory error" since I didn't get it with my tests/themes. If it still happens, could you show me your themes?

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: Lucar

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting Shuffle Favorites to two basic first. I don't know if this will solve the "memory error" since I didn't get it with my tests/themes. If it still happens, could you show me your themes?

Well that didnt work, but if i try to install themes, let it error, then try to install them again it works for a few shuffles, then back the default

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble on n3ds? I cant get shuffle to work without a memory error no matter how many themes 1-10, if i let it error then retry it it'll go through the same 4 themes then back to default, and if i just install one theme then it keeps it a minute but if i close amd open my n3ds 2 times its back to default. Ugh i had all these themes working, shuffling ten at a time on my old3ds. Any ideas?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else having trouble on n3ds? I cant get shuffle to work without a memory error no matter how many themes 1-10, if i let it error then retry it it'll go through the same 4 themes then back to default, and if i just install one theme then it keeps it a minute but if i close amd open my n3ds 2 times its back to default. Ugh i had all these themes working, shuffling ten at a time on my old3ds. Any ideas?
Enable shuffle with default themes, the Nintendo way to clean it up. Then it may also help to disable it again and just have one basic theme (or no theme). I'm not sure if that's necessary but it definitely doesn't hurt on my n3ds. Then try use CHMM2 again.
If it still doesn't work, there might be a problem with the themes (they can easily get corrupted if copied via ftp, expecially if your wifi is poor so you could even try copying them manually if you have to).

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable shuffle with default themes, the Nintendo way to clean it up. Then it may also help to disable it again and just have one basic theme (or no theme). I'm not sure if that's necessary but it definitely doesn't hurt on my n3ds. Then try use CHMM2 again.
If it still doesn't work, there might be a problem with the themes (they can easily get corrupted if copied via ftp, expecially if your wifi is poor so you could even try copying them manually if you have to).

Thanks ill try that and if it doesn't work I'll take the sd card out and re add them manually,

Reactions: ~Poke~

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might have already been reported, but I'm having trouble with the shuffle feature. The music for each theme just stops a few seconds before the loop, not actually getting there. It's not the bgm size (each bgm,bsctm is less than 3.3 mb and works just fine on its own). This even happens if there's only two themes on shuffle. Is this a bug with the system that can't be worked around or just with CHMM?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might have already been reported, but I'm having trouble with the shuffle feature. The music for each theme just stops a few seconds before the loop, not actually getting there. It's not the bgm size (each bgm,bsctm is less than 3.3 mb and works just fine on its own). This even happens if there's only two themes on shuffle. Is this a bug with the system that can't be worked around or just with CHMM?
This issue is really strange because it might only be affecting certain themes. I didn't have this problem with any of mine with bgm. Are you using old or new 3DS, and could you show me your themes?

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This issue is really strange because it might only be affecting certain themes. I didn't have this problem with any of mine with bgm. Are you using old or new 3DS, and could you show me your themes?
I have an O3DS (getting a N3DS with the HHD bundle next week) and it's happening on all the themes I have. I have 46 themes in my folder, so I'll just send you some of them.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds similar to the issue I was having. Does your system also freeze if you try to enter notifications on the home menu after the music has crashed?
I was using two themes (official dumps); Umbreon & Espeon theme and a Taiko no Tatsujin theme.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds similar to the issue I was having. Does your system also freeze if you try to enter notifications on the home menu after the music has crashed?
I was using two themes (official dumps); Umbreon & Espeon theme and a Taiko no Tatsujin theme.
Even though it would be considered illegal if you don't have a problem can you send me a pm for the Umbreon & Espeon theme

D

Deleted User

This is awesome! Works much better than the first CHMM (at least for me), and it motivated me to create a handful of SMDHes. :yaynds:

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ihaveahax

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I believe you gave me a solution: set TWO BASIC THEMES to shuffle before changing for your own themes. If it says "Failed to change theme", that's okay, that's supposed to happen and just try it again.
So far, I've had no other issues with this, but I'll post if something comes up. Thanks.

Last edited by LittleXiao,
Reactions: ihaveahax

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaaand the BGM is suddenly stopping again. Dunno why it took a bit for that to happen. Interestingly enough, I am not getting the notification freeze someone mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Something whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto