• Views 7,231,935
  • Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pretty much mostly around 45-50 just in TT mode though, GP is mostly around 30-35.
Feel free to watch any of my MK8 videos in my sig though. :P
Erh, no! Why should his experience be slower than mine.
As I answered to him, he should get 45-60 fps in cups, or GP if you like.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Erh, no! Why should his experience be slower than mine.
As I answered to him, he should get 45-60 fps in cups, or GP if you like.

Hardware differs, driver versions differ, Windows versions differ... There are millions of possible reasons why he doesn't get the same frame rates, but they all boil down to one. Not all systems are the same.

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hardware differs, driver versions differ, Windows versions differ... There are millions of possible reasons why he doesn't get the same frame rates, but they all boil down to one. Not all systems are the same.
I know, but his setup is pretty much the same as mine.
He has a i7 4790k (doesn't mention clock-speed), I've got a i5 4670k clocked to 4.2GHz
He has 16 GB Ram, I'm at 8
And he got a 780 Ti, while I'm at GTX 750 Ti.
Personally I don't think Windows version matter right now, nor driver version on nVidia cards

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I know, but his setup is pretty much the same as mine.
He has a i7 4790k (doesn't mention clock-speed), I've got a i5 4670k clocked to 4.2GHz
He has 16 GB Ram, I'm at 8
And he got a 780 Ti, while I'm at GTX 750 Ti.
Personally I don't think Windows version matter right now, nor driver version on nVidia cards

Umm, those 2 systems are totally different...

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, they are different, but yet pretty similar. But emulation-wise they should preform pretty much a-like.

There's no reason why that should be the case. He has double the CPU cores, double the RAM, faster GPU, but also you know nothing about how his PC is configured. I've seen beasts of rigs before that struggle with Minecraft because they were choked to death on all sorts of malware crud.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's no reason why that should be the case. He has double the CPU cores, double the RAM, faster GPU, but also you know nothing about how his PC is configured. I've seen beasts of rigs before that struggle with Minecraft because they were choked to death on all sorts of malware crud.
You haven't been around emulator much, have you? As of now emulators tend to be CPU intensive, and at most you'll see three cores being used.
Comparing this to pc-games is wrong.

At best, he will experience better speed than me while emulation the Wii-U.

But I'll agree with you about even the best beast out there will struggle if they are not maintained and kept up to date. (malware and driver wise)

Last edited by chriztr,

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
You haven't been around emulator much, have you? As of now emulators tend to be CPU intensive, and at most you'll see three cores being used.
Comparing this to pc-games is wrong.

At best, he will experience better speed than me while emulation the Wii-U.

But I'll agree with you about even the best beast out there will struggle if they are not maintained and kept up to date. (malware and driver wise)

I've been emulating systems since before 99% of people ever heard of it, actually. Hell, I wrote a Z80 emulator for the Commodore Amiga in 1987 for a college project.

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've been emulating systems since before 99% of people ever heard of it, actually. Hell, I wrote a Z80 emulator for the Commodore Amiga in 1987 for a college project.
Then why do you make it such a big of a deal when I'm telling somebody else with a setup close to my self what speed he might get?
Yes, the hardware is not 100% identical, but performance wise for this emulator you'll end up about the same.

BTW, I'm having some great memories gaming on the Amiga 500 as a kid!

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Then why do you make it such a big of a deal when I'm telling somebody else with a setup close to my self what speed he might get?
Yes, the hardware is not 100% identical, but performance wise for this emulator you'll end up about the same.

BTW, I'm having some great memories gaming on the Amiga 500 as a kid!

Because the hardware ISN'T close to your setup. With his rig, he should actually be getting significantly better performance than you are. That he's getting rather a lot worse indicates he has a very badly maintained/setup system.

Last edited by FloatingFatMan,

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Because the hardware ISN'T close to your setup. With his rig, he should actually be getting significantly better performance than you are. That he's getting rather a lot worse indicates he has a very badly maintained/setup system.
I would consider them to be closer, but I guessing I'm somewhat wrong. Anyhow they guy haven't shown him self here since his post to this thread.

milkywayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I am also a patreon and saw Nothing new in page

unless the news has been for donors $ 10 because I am donating only $ 5

Yeah, I was pretty bummed by this too. Cemu's patreon page now has a 'pay $10 to see one more update from cemu' - which kinda sucks if is true caz that'd mean they want more money just to share more updates/news.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I was pretty bummed by this too. Cemu's patreon page now has a 'pay $10 to see one more update from cemu' - which kinda sucks if is true caz that'd mean they want more money just to share more updates/news.
Yeah I'm still not buying this and 3rd tier still only mentions your name as a supporter.
I also don't see what the other person on Cemu's patron page mentioned, as seen in my own screen cap posted in response to his.

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ping @Exzap, when will we see support for directly loading .elf inside the emulator? That would allow for quite a lot faster Homebrew debugging ;)
I can't say when it will be ready as we are still busy with the more essential parts of the emulator. But generally we have plans to make the emulator more homebrew friendly and also to add more debugging tools.

I've noticed the people noting crashing issues with AMD in 1.4.1 have older AMD cards and seemingly 15.7 is the most current up to date driver they can use. (currently using 16.4.1) Idk, maybe somewhere along the lines of fixing opengl 4.5 for AMD in Cemu 1.4.1 something happened with compatibility with older AMD cards? Hopefully whatever the issue is will be fixed in 1.4.2
We looked into the issue and we can say with 99.9% confidence that it's not a problem in CEMU but rather a bug in the driver. At best, CEMU 1.4.2 will have some sort of workaround at the cost of emulation speed.

No. Anything news related, that includes screenshots, is always available to all Patrons regardless of donation amount. We just didn't post the screenshots, yet.
But most importantly, we never promised to post anything. It was just a quick remark that we probably will share some teaser screenshots on the weekend, but things turned out differently.

Last edited by Exzap,

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Next week. A few pages ago, someone who had talked with him on Twitter or whatever said this release would get delayed 1 week. Hopefully because of something new /big. I'm rooting for multiple controller support :-)

Edit: for patreons. 2 weeks for official release.

Last edited by donkeyhigh,

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We looked into the issue and we can say with 99.9% confidence that it's not a problem in CEMU but rather a bug in the driver. At best, CEMU 1.4.2 will have some sort of workaround at the cost of emulation speed.
Awesome, I just hope this workaround doesn't effect those of us who aren't experiencing these issues/have R9 300 series GPUs. At any rate great work so far and I'm sure every issue will be taken care of sooner or later.

On a completely unrelated note, due to the delay I decided to upload another MK8 remix/mod video: :rofl2:

Probably the only time I'll use Link in a video until we can properly use DLC characters/courses.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1