Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i have a problem making gba vc and dsi games work on my system, i just followed plailect's guide from section 4 onwards, now i have an o3ds ver 10.6.0-31u with cakes 138 cfw on sysnand, everytime i try to play a gba or dsi game on sysnand the screen just stay black without any message, is there any fix for that problem?, thanks in advances.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i have a problem making gba vc and dsi games work on my system, i just followed plailect's guide from section 4 onwards, now i have an o3ds ver 10.6.0-31u with cakes 138 cfw on sysnand, everytime i try to play a gba or dsi game on sysnand the screen just stay black without any message, is there any fix for that problem?, thanks in advances.
ive had the same problem for a while now. I have cakes on sysnand.I believe agb firm isnt supported by cakes atm. Correct me if i am wrong though as i want to get my ff tactics advance fix lol

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
i've installed a9lh with 9.2 sysnand and 10.x emunand. im able to boot into cakes menu however it stuck black screen when boot cfw (emunand). disable emunand works fine but if i want to boot into emuand it stuck. is it normal?

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have dumped my OTP files already, and restored my previous enviroment (O3DS : sysNAND 9.2 + menuHax + CTRBootMgr; emuNAND 10.6 w/ rxTools 3.0).

Since I lack many concepts yet regarding this scene, I was thinking if something like this would work:

- install arm9haxloader to sysNAND 9.2;
- install CTRBootMgr9 with cakes/emunandtools/decrypt9WIP;
- disable all cakes patches, so it would load a somewhat 'vanilla' sysNAND through a9hl;
- menuHax triggers and boot my rxTools emunand.

I just want to keep my current working environment, and adding the a9h layer to it, until I can play with the other CFW like cakes.
If this not works, why? Can't we make a9h just boot a 'regular' sysNAND?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have dumped my OTP files already, and restored my previous enviroment (O3DS : sysNAND 9.2 + menuHax + CTRBootMgr; emuNAND 10.6 w/ rxTools 3.0).

Since I lack many concepts yet regarding this scene, I was thinking if something like this would work:

- disable all cakes patches, so it would load a somewhat 'vanilla' sysNAND through a9hl;

I just want to keep my current working environment, and adding the a9h layer to it, until I can play with the other CFW like cakes.
I'm pretty sure that would just remove the benefit of a9l. If it would even work. You would be back to failed boots

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

If you want to keep your current setup, do you mean, boot into emunand with all your installed stuff?
Wel, you can boot into A9LH straight into your current emunand or you can use CTRBootManager9 to boot into a menu and select your A9LH CFW's (AuReiNAND / ReiNAND / CakesFW / rxTools CFW)

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want to keep your current setup, do you mean, boot into emunand with all your installed stuff?
Wel, you can boot into A9LH straight into your current emunand or you can use CTRBootManager9 to boot into a menu and select your A9LH CFW's (AuReiNAND / ReiNAND / CakesFW / rxTools CFW)

I see, looks like I'm just getting things more complicated.
I was thinking of Cakes as a regular a9l, to just boot off my sysNAND as is, so menuHax would do the magic, but looks like the magic is indeed the CTRBootMgr9.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
excuse me.I still dont get it.can i use just 1 emunand for both rxtool and cakesfw(Just copy all the files to the root of SD card, and launch? ) or i have to make new emunand for cakesfw ?
I've actually ran 3 CFW's on my 3DS at one point (CakesFW, RXTools, and AuReiNAND.) I had no ill effects on my emuNAND
In fact, I am running both CakesFW and AuReiNAND on my sysNAND using CTRBootManager9 and A9LH.

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little problem switching to Cakes. Right now I'm running AuReiNand with a9lh and everything is fine if I point my boot_config.ini at the AuReiNand.bin file. When I change it over to Cakes it stops booting and I am even unable to enter sysnand by holding L. The cakes launcher loads my emunand if I launch it from the homebrew loader on sysnand. Any ideas? Thanks.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little problem switching to Cakes. Right now I'm running AuReiNand with a9lh and everything is fine if I point my boot_config.ini at the AuReiNand.bin file. When I change it over to Cakes it stops booting and I am even unable to enter sysnand by holding L. The cakes launcher loads my emunand if I launch it from the homebrew loader on sysnand. Any ideas? Thanks.
What file are you point to for cakes in your boot config?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by pbanj,

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have an offset set for it? Also if you look a few pages back you will find a post from me. It has the arm9 bin for v138 of cakes so you don't need an offset

It's here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/6144408
That did it, thanks. Didn't know about needing an offset. Now to set up a second different region emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM